Warehouse 13

5 replies to this topic

#1 Kirok

Kirok

Publishing and Media Director, Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:56 AM

The SciFi channel over here just put on a marathon of Warehouse 13 and I found it fascinating...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZwYxDMNlyg

... There were so many comparisons I could make that I really couldn't pigeonhole it but one of the more interesting things was the generally "stempunk" feel to the costumes and props: Volta's lab coat, the Tesla gun, goggles and helmets, even the TV-in-a-tin was retro!

Good entertainment!

K

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,068 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:15 AM

This show is one of my favorites on today. I'm looking forward to the new season coming up in a few weeks.
Eddie McClintlock is a friend of our mutual friend Dave Andrews.

I know a number of people who have made replicas of the Tesla Gun and the Farnsworth communicator.

Steampunk always fascinated me even before it had the name.
The original Time Machine and 20,000 Leagues under the Sea, among others, to the more modern League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.
The mix of Sci-Fi, Brass and Steam is a very cool combination.

THIS SITE just had an event near me, unfortunately I couldn't make it. They just had another in Jersey.

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#3 Commander Lazar

Commander Lazar

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:37 AM

I watched a few episodes and i like the show.

#4 Kirok

Kirok

Publishing and Media Director, Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:46 AM

This show is one of my favorites on today. I'm looking forward to the new season coming up in a few weeks.
Eddie McClintlock is a friend of our mutual friend Dave Andrews.

I know a number of people who have made replicas of the Tesla Gun and the Farnsworth communicator.

Steampunk always fascinated me even before it had the name.
The original Time Machine and 20,000 Leagues under the Sea, among others, to the more modern League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.
The mix of Sci-Fi, Brass and Steam is a very cool combination.

THIS SITE just had an event near me, unfortunately I couldn't make it. They just had another in Jersey.

You guys have all the fun on your side of the Big Pond! I remember seeing something similar on the West Coast recently. I must admit, after a brief flirtation with Crimson Skies fandom, I've got plans for doing something Indie in an alternative reality based on the post WWI - pre WWII period which would make it closer to Diesel Punk or Pulp era.

As regards Warehouse 13, its good to hear that it has survived into another season, would that be season three? What I saw was great entertainment and when it all boils doen - that is what we pay for!

K

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

#5 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:18 AM

As regards Warehouse 13, it's good to hear that it has survived into another season, would that be season three?

Yes, the third season begins in July. Specifically, July 11th, along with the second half of Eureka's fourth season and the series premiere of Alphas.
Posted Image
Leverage -- Season 5 on DVD Coming September 17th

"The numbers are bad! The numbers are bad!" -- Hugo "Hurley" Reyes, Lost - Season 1
"Boone's death was a sacrifice that the island demanded." -- John Locke, Lost - Season 2
"When was it you lost your imagination, son?" -- Dr. Walter Bishop, Fringe - Season 1

#6 24thcenstfan

24thcenstfan

2nd Year Cadet

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 09:14 PM

WH13 has been very enjoyable for the most part. Interesting characters, good chemistry and the artifacts have been very creative.
KEEP ON TREKKIN'
A Friendly Sci-Fi Community!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users