The Star Trek Fanfiction eBook Archive

3 replies to this topic

#1 Kirok

Kirok

Publishing and Media Director, Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 06:59 AM

Besides creating eBook versions of books for TrekUnited, Richard Merk has been working hard to publish more Trek fan fiction in ePub and Mobi format on his own initiative...

The Star Trek Fanfiction eBook Archive

Posted Image

Starting with his own Banshee Squadron series he has systematically added more works, mostly novel length, from his friends although he is open to publishing work from any quarter. These are a few of his latest additions...
  • Vulcan's Legacy, a Deep Space Nine story, from Lonewriter
  • The Gaze of Night, a spin-off from his Star Trek: Athena series, by Steve Oostrom
  • He has been putting up the latest books from Garry Stahl's Epiphany Trek. These include...
  • three books from his USS Questing series,
  • six from the USS Kongo series (the latest being "The Eagle's Spawn" & "The Little Foxes")
  • one from The Jerry LaSaille Chronicles.
K

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 RichMerk

RichMerk

Chief Petty Officer

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 05:52 PM

New ebooks available:

"Intolerance" by Jespah! Also an updated version of "Reversal".

http://ebooks.merknet.com

#3 jespah

jespah

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

• Global Moderators
  • 4,918 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:24 AM

New ebooks available:

"Intolerance" by Jespah! Also an updated version of "Reversal".

http://ebooks.merknet.com

Many thanks!

Honk if you love silence.

Published author, Trek Citizen and not much bigger than a bread box

Untrustworthy-medium.jpg    banner-ezri.jpg

#4 Kirok

Kirok

Publishing and Media Director, Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:11 PM

What is the future in eBooks? Where to start?

There are a couple of new standards coming out, best described by Dave Bricker on The One Hour Guide to Self Publishing in his article KF8 and ePub3: New Standards for EBooks. The most interesting for me is the new EPUB 3 standard which basically turns the ePub we have now into a truly multimedia experience with the possibility of adding audio, video and interactivity! Check out these links...

Breaking it Down: the ePub 3 Spec, Eric Freese, Digital Book World - a couple of interesting comments with regards to fiction on the end.
EPUB 3 Overview, the official recommended specification from October this year

So what could an eBook of the future actually do? Let the hairy hand show you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj8vgkf9bt4

ePub 3 - Ezginin Babasi, dbookmarks.com

Wow! Just... Wow! To paraphrase one person's comment: for non-fiction publishing it opens up and merges the worlds of audio, video and text publishing but for fiction? How much multimedia can you stand before you lose sight of the author's words?

K

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users