12 replies to this topic

#1 Deathlok

Deathlok

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 07:19 AM

Hi,

Long time Star Trek fan, new member here. Anyway, I have a question which I am hoping some kind soul can help me with.

Middle of last year I purchased the original Constitution class blueprints from Strategic Designs. Great stuff, loved them.
Beginning of this year I went back to buy the refit Enterprise blueprints. All I found was an announcment they were no longer in business.

I wish I'd bought both sets together...

Anyway I was wondering if anyone knew if it is still possible to contact David Schmidt to see if it possible to buy the TMP plans. Or perhaps you own a set and would be willing to sell them to me?

Either way, thanks for taking the time to read this...
It ain't the years honey. It's the mileage.

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 maneth

maneth

GBBS Moderator

• Members
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 08:25 AM

Hello and welcome aboard. Sorry I can't help you with your problem.

Posted Image
Live long and prosper

#3 Elf

Elf

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:18 AM

Welcome aboard, Deathlok. :wave: Sorry I can't help you with your question either.
"Give me your boot." "What for?"
"So I can squash it." "Are we allowed to squash alien life forms?"
"If they're inside your sleeping bag. There it is. Wait a minute. Where'd you put the phase pistols?"
"You wanna shoot a bug?"
"I'm just gonna stun it."- Tucker and Mayweather

#4 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

TU Forum Manager - Resident killjoy

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,622 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 10:45 AM

Ahhh yeah I know what you're saying. I have a bunch of the old Sapphire Eclipse plans(full scale images too) I've had tucked away on CD since the mid-90's. I wish I'd bought an original hard set from him when he was selling. Looks like this one forgot to pay the "light bill". That sucker is locked down.
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#5 barbreader

barbreader

Captain

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:55 AM

Welcome to the board. Sorry, can't help.
Posted Image

#6 paulinem

paulinem

Connortator Extraordinaire...

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 08:32 PM

I'm sorry I can't help you either, Deathlok! However, welcome to TU anyways! Posted Image

Posted Image

Persistence, Patience and Perseverance Pays Off!

(practice makes perfect)

#7 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,069 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:00 PM

Welcome to TU, Deathlok.

I don't know about the set you are referring to, but this SITE has a great selection of the more popular blueprint sets.

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#8 Deathlok

Deathlok

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 05:20 AM

Thanks for all the welcomes.

Bill, that site you refer to has been a staple of mine for years. But sometimes you need the drawings in your hand so that you can get a feel for what the thing would look like in 3 dimensions. Also it is nice to be able to take measurements. And it is not always possible to get a high enough resolution print from the drawings on Cygnus-X1

I am older than I like to admit these days :) and have several sets of blueprints/tech stuff. For instance, the original Franz Joseph set, Star Trek: The Motion Picture official blueprints, ST:TMP Spaceflight chronology, Star Fleet Technical manual, Mr Scott's Guide to the Enterprise, Enterprise 'D' blueprints, TNG and DS9 technical manuals, Haynes Enterprise manual.

But I found the Strategic Designs site to have some of the best drawings I have ever seen and best of all they did deck by deck interior plans too.

Its a shame they are no longer around.
It ain't the years honey. It's the mileage.

#9 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,069 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:21 AM

I agree that having paper in hand is best. I have all the early prints as well. I bought everything way back when as it was published. I even have the Mike McMaster Bridge Blueprintsand his Klingon D-7 set. I bought them directly from Mike in the '70's. Too bad he died so young.

As for the Cygnus site. Its a great reference and conceivably you could take the better quality files to a local office supply store (Staples or Office Depot ) and have them printed in the scale they were intended.

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#10 Kirok

Kirok

Publishing and Media Director, Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:59 AM

Thanks for all the welcomes.

Bill, that site you refer to has been a staple of mine for years. But sometimes you need the drawings in your hand so that you can get a feel for what the thing would look like in 3 dimensions. Also it is nice to be able to take measurements. And it is not always possible to get a high enough resolution print from the drawings on Cygnus-X1

I am older than I like to admit these days :) and have several sets of blueprints/tech stuff. For instance, the original Franz Joseph set, Star Trek: The Motion Picture official blueprints, ST:TMP Spaceflight chronology, Star Fleet Technical manual, Mr Scott's Guide to the Enterprise, Enterprise 'D' blueprints, TNG and DS9 technical manuals, Haynes Enterprise manual.

But I found the Strategic Designs site to have some of the best drawings I have ever seen and best of all they did deck by deck interior plans too.

Its a shame they are no longer around.

Hi Deathlok, welcome on board! Bill suggested the site that immediately sprang to mind for me and he's right, a print shop could give you the plans to any scale however you might not get the resolution you want so that they might come out "grainy". If he has done them as original CAD drawings he might even be supplying them from a plotter! You could watch eBay but if they are out of print they become a collectable.

Do you use them for modelling or to visualise what it would be like to be on the ship?

K

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

#11 Kirok

Kirok

Publishing and Media Director, Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:28 AM

Hi Deathlok, welcome on board! Bill suggested the site that immediately sprang to mind for me and he's right, a print shop could give you the plans to any scale however you might not get the resolution you want so that they might come out "grainy". If he has done them as original CAD drawings he might even be supplying them from a plotter! You could watch eBay but if they are out of print they become a collectable.

Do you use them for modelling or to visualise what it would be like to be on the ship?

K

Out of curiosity I went to have a look at their plans and was surprised to see that they had plans for the old Regulus space station - I'm sure that wasn't there when I had a look late last year! The resolution looks good on the graphic file that is on the Cygnus X-1 website but its unfortunate that you, as a prospective customer, can't pay for your appreciation of the plans.

K

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

#12 Mrs Treklady

Mrs Treklady

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:41 PM

welcome to the trek united Deathlok.

Right by my side i have blueprints called star trek blueprints collection a portfolio set of 8 authorized 11x14 detailed blueprints of the U.S.S. enterprise NCC 1701-A, star trek:TNG enterprise D,Star trek:DS-9 Space station .i have also the enterprise -d blueprints, MR. Scott guide to the enterprise & many other book i also have a copy of a book that is considered rare book its called the making of star trek by Stephen Whitfield & gene Roddenberry they don't publish this book any more.it has the lyrics to the theme of the original series music.

#13 jonathan

jonathan

Lieutenant Commander

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 01:03 AM

hello and welcome to the galaxy!!!!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users