Photo

New & Returning Genre TV Shows

7 replies to this topic

Poll: New & Returning Genre TV Shows (2 member(s) have cast votes)

Which returning network genre TV shows are you looking forward to watching?

1. Chuck (NBC) (1 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. Fringe (FOX) (1 votes [25.00%])

3. Supernatural (The CW) (1 votes [25.00%])

4. The Vampire Diaries (The CW) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. None of the Above (1 votes [25.00%])

Which new network genre TV shows coming during the 2011-2012 season are you looking forward to watching?

1. A Gifted Man (CBS) (0 votes [0.00%])

2. Alcatraz (FOX) (1 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

3. Awake (NBC) (0 votes [0.00%])

4. Grimm (NBC) (0 votes [0.00%])

5. Once Upon A Time (ABC) (0 votes [0.00%])

6. The River (ABC) (0 votes [0.00%])

7. The Secret Circle (The CW) (0 votes [0.00%])

8. Terra Nova (FOX) (1 votes [33.33%])

9. Touch (FOX) (0 votes [0.00%])

10. None of the Above (1 votes [33.33%])

Which recently canceled network genre TV shows would you like to see get continued?

1. The Cape (NBC) (0 votes [0.00%])

2. The Event (NBC) (1 votes [25.00%])

3. Medium (CBS) (0 votes [0.00%])

4. No Ordinary Family (ABC) (1 votes [25.00%])

5. V (ABC) (1 votes [25.00%])

6. None of the Above (1 votes [25.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:30 PM

Recently, the major networks (ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, and The CW) announced their fall and mid-season schedules for the 2011-2012 TV season. Which returning genre shows are you planning on watching? Which new genre shows are you planning on watching? And which of the recently-canceled genre shows would you like to see get continued, if it were possible?

Returning (Network) Genre Shows

New (Network) Genre Shows

Recently Canceled (Network) Genre Shows

Edited by Kyle Nin, 26 May 2011 - 11:30 PM.

Posted Image
Leverage -- Season 5 on DVD Coming September 17th

"The numbers are bad! The numbers are bad!" -- Hugo "Hurley" Reyes, Lost - Season 1
"Boone's death was a sacrifice that the island demanded." -- John Locke, Lost - Season 2
"When was it you lost your imagination, son?" -- Dr. Walter Bishop, Fringe - Season 1

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,072 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 06:56 AM

Looking at that list makes me realize I don't watch any of the big network sci-fi.

I don't know to much about the new shows coming out except Terra Nova
I will have to check those links to read about the others.

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#3 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:37 AM

None of the above, none of the above, and none of the above.

#4 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 06:55 PM

None of the above, none of the above, and none of the above.

Do you watch anything?
Posted Image

"The numbers are bad! The numbers are bad!" -- Hugo "Hurley" Reyes, Lost - Season 1
"Boone's death was a sacrifice that the island demanded." -- John Locke, Lost - Season 2
"When was it you lost your imagination, son?" -- Dr. Walter Bishop, Fringe - Season 1

#5 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:24 AM

Not really anymore. Everything I like gets cancelled. The only things still around are Sanctuary, Glee, and The Simpsons.

#6 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 08:40 AM

Well, for me, the returning genre shows that I'm looking forward to watching are Fringe, Supernatural, and Chuck. I haven't really been "watching" Chuck, though. I've been catching up on it through the DVD sets (I missed Season 4, so I'll have to watch the DVD's of that too, once it gets released), so next fall will be the first time I'll be watching it on TV. The only returning non-genre show I'm looking forward to is Castle. Everything else I watched got canceled, unfortunately, or was completed (Smallville).

The new genre shows that I'm looking forward to watching are Alcatraz and Terra Nova. But Terra Nova is on the fence for me. I'm still pissed off about FOX canceling Breaking In. I know that Sony is trying to make a deal with FOX to get the show a second season, so if the deal is made, I'll watch Terra Nova. If not, I won't. This is the closest I've ever come to boycotting a network. (I would have boycotted UPN too after Enterprise was canceled, if there was anything else on the network that was remotely worth watching.) I guess for this, I'm just boycotting new fall season FOX shows. Alcatraz is a FOX series, but it won't be on til mid-season. I'm guessing I'll probably be cooled down by then. The only other new series I'm looking forward to watching in the new season is Person of Interest, but I don't think that one counts as "genre". Maybe "quasi-genre"? I don't know. Also, it's not in the fall, but I'm also looking forward to watching the summer series Alphas, which is definitely a genre series.

And then there are the shows that I watched that have been canceled. And there are a lot of them! I don't think I've seen so many cancellations in so short a time before. Of the genre shows, there's The Event, No Ordinary Family, and V. And then there's the non-genre shows: The Good Guys, Undercovers, Human Target, and Breaking In. That's seven shows! And that's not even including the cable shows like Stargate Universe and Caprica.

So, bottom line, I've got a way-less-than-normal number of fall shows. But, of course, there will be some cable shows mixed in too, like Sanctuary, Doctor Who, Psych, to kind of flesh it all out. But still ...
Posted Image

#7 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 05:48 PM

Okay, it looks like Breaking In isn't coming back, so I will not be watching Terra Nova. FOX didn't give Breaking In a chance, so I won't give Terra Nova one either. I hope it crashes and burns.
Posted Image

#8 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 11:11 AM

Okay, FOX has given Breaking In a second chance. It was just announced that the series will be getting a 13-episode second season, to be aired mid-season. So, since FOX has given it a second chance, I will give Terra Nova a first chance.
Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users