Flashlight prop, requesting help

3 replies to this topic

#1 iamnotspock

iamnotspock

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 03:32 PM

Wanted some help creating an away team flashlight. I found one that was screen used in the Enterprise series, but they want $1,000 for it. No flashlight should cost anywhere near that. Zooming in on the handle reveals it's a Surefire brand flashlight, but what kind? Or, does anyone have advice on lighting equipment that away teams would bring with them. I know the Voyager series would use the battery powered carry lanterns, not sure of brand. Link for Enterprise flashlight is below:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...139273758137393
Being "safe" means settling for less; seeing how I only have one life, I don't intend to squander it on less and I will go after what is important to me. Never settle for less.

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Kirok

Kirok

Publishing and Media Director, Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 08:51 PM

Wanted some help creating an away team flashlight. I found one that was screen used in the Enterprise series, but they want $1,000 for it. No flashlight should cost anywhere near that. Zooming in on the handle reveals it's a Surefire brand flashlight, but what kind? Or, does anyone have advice on lighting equipment that away teams would bring with them. I know the Voyager series would use the battery powered carry lanterns, not sure of brand. Link for Enterprise flashlight is below:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...139273758137393

WOW! A grand for a torch! That's collecting gone crazy! What intrinsic value could it have that could give it that kind of value in the current economic climate? Maybe it has Jolene Blalock's DNA on it? :naughty3dg:

I remember the torches in Voyager but don't recall what was used in Enterprise - which episode was it used in? How close to canon do you want this to be? Cosplay winning or for a fan film?

Keep us in the loop.

K

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

#3 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,068 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 08:49 AM

I was dabbling on the Surefire website. Some of those Flashlights are $250. I saw some similar styles. Very pricey equipment.

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#4 Elf

Elf

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 06:39 PM

That is one expensive flashlight. Does it make you a coffee too?
"Give me your boot." "What for?"
"So I can squash it." "Are we allowed to squash alien life forms?"
"If they're inside your sleeping bag. There it is. Wait a minute. Where'd you put the phase pistols?"
"You wanna shoot a bug?"
"I'm just gonna stun it."- Tucker and Mayweather

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users