Iron Sky

2 replies to this topic

#1 Kirok

Kirok

Publishing and Media Director, Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 03:55 AM

The boys from Energia who cut their teeth on Star Wreck: In the Pirkinning are well on their way to the completion and release of what looks like a wild ride!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNDaOFQ6g2I&feature=youtu.be

Iron Sky

This could definitively answer the question: where do you go after a stunning fan film? Are fan productions a viable route for up-and-coming film makers to get into the film industry?

K

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,069 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 06:25 AM

No doubt.

The Fan Film allows people to gain experience and the technology available enables the look and feel of a Hollywood quality finished product.

We have seen a number of fan film producers make the leap to the next level. At least they have the passion to deliver a original story as opposed to the constant remake attitude that is so prevalent in the main stream industry.

April 2012 can't get here quick enough. I'm a big fan of this production since the start and I have no doubt I will not be disappointed..

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#3 Kirok

Kirok

Publishing and Media Director, Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 05:22 PM

No doubt.

The Fan Film allows people to gain experience and the technology available enables the look and feel of a Hollywood quality finished product.

We have seen a number of fan film producers make the leap to the next level. At least they have the passion to deliver a original story as opposed to the constant remake attitude that is so prevalent in the main stream industry.

April 2012 can't get here quick enough. I'm a big fan of this production since the start and I have no doubt I will not be disappointed..

Its interesting that you point out that producers can use fan films as a way of gaining experience and then say that these same producers show a passion for originality, because a large slice of the academic, professional and even fannish (fen?) worlds of sci fi and fantasy can't seem to see that connection.They cannot see past the fact that a fan production is based on someone else's copyright, on someone else's creativity, and seem to think that this taints them.

Sorry if I sound bitter but what are Iron Man, Thor, The Watchmen and Harry Potter movies but industry-made fan productions? They are derivative works, sanctioned by the original copyright owners, and the only other difference between these and fan films is the level of professionalism. Every film maker has to start somewhere though and the best Fan films are a learning curve - as can be seen by the history of Star Wreck which these young entrepreneurs have now made available as a DVD - just like any college Indie movie.

K

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users