• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kirok

Kirok

Publishing and Media Director, Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:59 AM

Astonishing interview on Rolling Stone with the maker of Buffy and Firefly who is talking about deserting TV for small-scale web series where he has ultimate control!

In the current issue, Joss Whedon, the George Lucas of television, reveals why working on his triumphant return to the small screen, Dollhouse, has convinced him to abandon TV for good. His alternative medium: Web serials. He began making the sci-fi musical Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog (which stars Neil Patrick Harris) during the writers' strike, streamed a few episodes online for free, and struck it big when they went onsale at iTunes.

It sounds incredible but it could be on the cards - I know that my next TV is going to have WiFi connection to the house network for streaming net video

K

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Fan Producer

Fan Producer

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:25 PM

I've been thinking of doing that, for the reasons mentioned. My only problem is how to get the word out there about my magnum opus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users