999 replies to this topic

#981 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,711 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:30 AM

Nobody knows!

Well...is it yellow? That makes it really old!

"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#982 jespah

jespah

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

• Global Moderators
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:38 AM

Eek the 80 year old Drill Sgt (and a 10-hour drive to follow!).

Can she play the license plate game? And only look for foreign vehicles ("Ma, do you see any cars from France? No? Well, keep looking then.").

Soothing music from 1968:

Honk if you love silence.

Author, Trek Citizen and not much bigger than a bread box

banner-ezri.jpg

#983 Elf

Elf

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:35 AM

Thanks for the messages guys/girls :) With nice people here is one reason why I keep coming back. :thumbsup:
My cats name was Milo and was a loved member of my family. :nod:

Aw @Elf, sorry to read that. Peace to you and your kitty.

Our Jake (a Mastiff mix) is buried in the back yard. It was, man, over a decade ago but I still feel it sometimes, can still feel that dog's fur.

Thanks Jespah. :)

Elf, hugs to you and your family. I gave my Finn and Dris an extra hug today in remembrance of your sweet cat.

Thanks Tish. :)

Posted Image Posted Image

*hands a whiskey to elf*

Thanks Pauline. *Takes and drinks whiskey*

*pours a whiskey for herself and another for elf.*

I'm bracing myself for this "vacation" to Williamsburg, VA with my extended family. It sounds like sheer hell to me...but the kids will have fun.

My mother is already screaming at the kids and she has only been back since Tuesday...-And we are supposed to drive 10 hours in a car with her???

She is nuts to want to come...truly...

Thanks Trekkin *takes another whiskey and drinks it*

My mother in law screams at my kids sometimes. Tell you mother to catch a taxi, or you could drink some whiskey and your mom can drive.

You never know, if you don't mind the 75 mile commute.

A guy at work drives 76 miles to work and back home 5 days a week. His car has a few miles on it.

My condolences Elf.

Thanks Bill :)

Today I get to work on one of the houses damaged by the recent tornado. Should be interesting.

How did the work go?

I don't think we had yellow computers here. If his computer takes the 5.25 inch disks, then it is old.

Edited by Elf, 05 August 2011 - 09:43 AM.

"Give me your boot." "What for?"
"So I can squash it." "Are we allowed to squash alien life forms?"
"If they're inside your sleeping bag. There it is. Wait a minute. Where'd you put the phase pistols?"
"You wanna shoot a bug?"
"I'm just gonna stun it."- Tucker and Mayweather

#984 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:29 AM

Bad news?

Your cat, and Barbara's illness.

ee....Hope things get better...

Today is a new day EE, hope things are better.

...Thanks? :huh:

#985 TeaKirk

TeaKirk

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:09 PM

I'm back!!!!!!!!!!, and I got a new CD, black veil brides and a new animation program! Anime Studio 8
Posted Image

http://sailortrekkie92.deviantart.com/
Lightspeedpurple's art
Guest Password-Pikachu(It's not my real login password, it's for guest use only)

#986 tish

tish

Commander of Starfleet

• Members
  • 2,919 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 07:33 PM

Soothing music from 1968:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfqpAWPx6T4

Love this one, jespah! We named a kitten Thyme from this song.....a decade ago....always called her Kitty Thyme! as in "IT's Kitty Thyme" when she would jump up on our laps for a petting!

My cats name was Milo and was a loved member of my family. :nod:

Milo is a family name for us, a wonderful tradition. I think at least one of my children plans to have it as a middle name for a child. Sweet.

Hi trekkin, Hi Bill.....(my feed says y'all are still on)

For both of you.....

Posted Image

Caffeine never keeps me awake, so figured you could handle this!
TUCKER: Malcolm? REED: I see it. TUCKER: Good. Means I'm not hallucinating. How can a ship be bigger on the inside than the outside? REED: It could be a hologram. TUCKER: Hand me that hyperspanner. (drops it down the hole - it hits bottom after two seconds) REED: You're not going down there? TUCKER: Got to get my spanner back.

#987 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,068 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:01 PM

Thanks Tish, that should keep me going. trying to stay awake for Torchwood.

@ Elf, the job went well. I am still amazed at how much damage the tornado did to so many locations that I knew so well.

God Luck Trekkin, sounds like your in quite an adventure.

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#988 tish

tish

Commander of Starfleet

• Members
  • 2,919 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:10 PM

note to sister and family......we just ate pizza and wine and NOW you all want to go swimming???? My tummy will be all pouchy. Sigh.
TUCKER: Malcolm? REED: I see it. TUCKER: Good. Means I'm not hallucinating. How can a ship be bigger on the inside than the outside? REED: It could be a hologram. TUCKER: Hand me that hyperspanner. (drops it down the hole - it hits bottom after two seconds) REED: You're not going down there? TUCKER: Got to get my spanner back.

#989 paulinem

paulinem

Connortator Extraordinaire...

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:36 PM

Well, I've got dinner brewing in the slow cooker. One of those, make it up as you go along, deals. Posted Image I hope I don't poison the family! Posted Image

Working on the next episode of S5, trying to find the right music, which, BTW, puppy Belle loves the music! Everytime I play something she comes from wherever she is and listens! Yeah for Star Trek music! Posted Image

I might do some writing, if I get motivated enough, later. Or, I might just watch an episode of Enterprise on the internet! Lordie, decisions, decisions...

Tish, go for a swim! You're tummy will recover! Posted Image

Okie dokie, think I'll have a Hot Tucker, please.

Um... Has there been a decision made about the next bar?

Posted Image

Persistence, Patience and Perseverance Pays Off!

(practice makes perfect)

#990 tish

tish

Commander of Starfleet

• Members
  • 2,919 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:09 PM

I went for a swim and my tummy is fine....ready for more wine and pizza in fact! We are all just veggin' with the Texas Rangers baseball game, enjoying the relative cool of the evening here in parch Texas, USA. Lord, we really do need the rain!

Yaaaaa for Belle liking ST music...she's a discerning puppy!

I will be searching for furniture to put in Son's new home....hope to find some really good deals at The Dump in Houston. (for non Texans, this is a surplus furniture store, great deals on quality pieces....son is flying in from Wyoming and I am sending pics as we go.....should be a fun experience!)

Anyone want to join me for supper:

Posted Image

Oh, and a Hot Tucker for me and Pauline..... (hey, we have already been at the Cute thread, need some hot here too!) Bwahahahahahaaaaaaa.

Posted Image

Okay, that's the wine talkin'. Move along, y'all. :innocent:

#991 tish

tish

Commander of Starfleet

• Members
  • 2,919 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:28 PM

Completely Random Thought.....have we ever had a Sports Bar in Ten Forward? Just askin'.

Soccer,
Baseball
Football
Kinects (gotta have that!!)
Track
Swimming
Volleyball
Tennis
Golf......

Just to name a few......we can have TFPN (rather than ESPN for Entertainment and Sports Programming Network) for our Ten Forward Programming Network. :buttrock: Need roving reporters, photographers, producers, techies, musical directors, etc.

Ok, fine, basketball :P too...

Posted Image

Edited by tishkajaku, 05 August 2011 - 10:30 PM.

#992 trekkin'

trekkin'

• Global Moderators
  • 7,711 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:01 PM

That is a pretty good idea, Tish!! Lots of sporty things to do.

Hmmm?? I'm liking it!

Looks pretty Trekkie to me...

*Sets up tri-dimensional chess game*

Posted Image

Edited by trekkin', 05 August 2011 - 11:01 PM.

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#993 tish

tish

Commander of Starfleet

• Members
  • 2,919 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 12:32 AM

Ooooo, good find, trekkin', intellectual sports plus physical....all trekalltheway! :thumbsup:

#994 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,068 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 07:26 AM

great list trekkin :thumbsup:

This bar is quickly ending its run, does someone have its replacement ready?

Reluctantly, I am heading out to work, should be just half a day.

grabs a coffee for the road.............

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#995 trekkin'

trekkin'

• Global Moderators
  • 7,711 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 07:42 AM

I feel silly being congratulated for cut and paste...but OKAY!!

I am leaving for Virginia today...no can do writing new bar. Whatever you do...make sure Pink2 gets a good cleaning...like with a graveton beam or something...(It is graviton pulse/beam/sweep, right??) *looks* Nope...it is a baryon sweep...Yah...maybe do a baryon sweep before we leave this bar...

Coffee Pink2!! And make it a huge one!!

Posted Image

#996 jespah

jespah

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

• Global Moderators
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 08:44 AM

Ah, a sports bar! YES!

I have devised mirror baseball. It is ... odd.
5 bases, 2 catchers, 2 pitchers. And of course you can often get knifed while you're on base.

1968 - Hugh Masekela!

Honk if you love silence.

Author, Trek Citizen and not much bigger than a bread box

banner-ezri.jpg

#997 TeaKirk

TeaKirk

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 09:57 AM

So is anyone going to open the new bar yet? :unsure:

Edited by TeaKirk, 06 August 2011 - 09:57 AM.

Posted Image

http://sailortrekkie92.deviantart.com/
Lightspeedpurple's art
Guest Password-Pikachu(It's not my real login password, it's for guest use only)

#998 Commander Lazar

Commander Lazar

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 11:11 AM

Yeah, it's yellow. It's around ten or more years old.
I finished writing the first chapter of my new BSG/VOY crossover. It's gonna be awesome! Well this is the end of this Ten forward. Will miss it. Who'll write the next one? Here's my last song here. It's a good one!
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=gkhwK6Wlod8
My favorite Disturbed song. Se y'all later!

#999 tish

tish

Commander of Starfleet

• Members
  • 2,919 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 01:41 PM

I will set up the new bar for us, I may need help carting all the stuff over, so if i forget anything, just be sure and take it through the baryon sweep trekkin' mentioned before you pick it up....no telling WHAT'S been creeping into it while here in Klingon territory!

Bar XXXVI will open as soon as I finish the intro.........

#1000 tish

tish

Commander of Starfleet

• Members
  • 2,919 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 02:22 PM

okay, the Triple Play Sports Bar is open, grab your stuff and haul on over for a drink and a game! Barbara or trekkin', will you get raptor's bedding and Saj? AFTER you clean them, though!

jespah and Commandar, i am waiting for some music....see ya there!

Bill or EE, thanks for closing this down for us......

Goodbye Klingon bar.....I hope never to smell such smells again my whole life!!!!!

Edited by tishkajaku, 06 August 2011 - 02:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users