The Chronicles of Ridick

1 reply to this topic

#1 Commander Lazar

Commander Lazar

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:34 AM

The Chronicles of Ridick is a great movie. Talk about it here.

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Trek Realist

Trek Realist

Amicus Hostis

• Members
  • 7,706 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:39 PM

Kinda six of one and half a dozen of the other. The first film in the series, Pitch Black, was not much more than your typical Alien-esque monster hunt with Vin Diesel being cocky and arrogant and tossing off a few clever quips. All in all it was a good popcorn movie, but it was not the kind of film you engage the frontal lobes for.

The follow up film kinda went too far the other way. For me it was not much more than Conan the Barbarian with spaceships. The only thing that I found interesting was the bounty hunter and his interactions with Diesel's character. The thing that really dismayed me about this film was having Judi Dench and Colm Feore in it. I can only assume they were paying off a bet, someone had pictures of them molesting a koala, of they were struck on the head just prior to signing the contract to appear. Seriously, having those two in the movie was like putting a perfectly balanced race carburetor in a '73 Pinto.
Atheism is not a religion. It is a personal relationship with reality.

Quis custodiet ipso custodes

My Blog

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users