7 replies to this topic

#1 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

TU Forum Manager - Resident killjoy

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,622 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 02:45 PM

Posted Image

NASA Administrator Charles Bolden on Tuesday announced the facilities where four shuttle orbiters will be displayed permanently at the conclusion of the Space Shuttle Program.
Shuttle Enterprise, the first orbiter built, will move from the Smithsonian's National Air and Space Museum Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center in Virginia to the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum in New York. The Udvar-Hazy Center will become the new home for shuttle Discovery, which retired after completing its 39th mission in March. Shuttle Endeavour, which is preparing for its final flight at the end of the month will go to the California Science Center in Los Angeles. Shuttle Atlantis, which will fly the last planned shuttle mission in June, will be displayed at the Kennedy Space Center Visitor's Complex in Florida.
Full Story

Trekkies were instrumental in the naming of the first orbiter, and were there when she was christened along with much of the cast of ST:TOS.
Posted Image
Wouldn't it be something to have the fans and cast there to greet her when she is unveiled in her new home in NYC?
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,069 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:10 PM

Enterprise in New York works for me. Maybe I'll actually get a chance to see it.

We'll have 3 of the 4 on the East coast. One in the West.
Its unfortunate one didn't end up in Chicago or another mid-country city.Really doesn't seem fair.

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#3 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,622 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:17 PM

It's all politics Bill you know that. They had senators openly lobbying in Houston for one(like they didn't have something better to do?). Seattle was building a wing for one of them and they lost out.
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#4 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 02:27 PM

Yay!! More things to see at the Intrepid!! Love it!!
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#5 navydavy

navydavy

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:46 PM

Very cool! I might go see her too.

I always found that particular picture above interesting. Notice who's missing? ;-)

#6 TeaKirk

TeaKirk

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 03:40 PM

Very cool! I might go see her too.

I always found that particular picture above interesting. Notice who's missing? ;-)

Let me guess...Shatner, am I right? <_<
Posted Image

http://sailortrekkie92.deviantart.com/
Lightspeedpurple's art
Guest Password-Pikachu(It's not my real login password, it's for guest use only)

#7 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,622 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:38 AM

He wasn't getting along so hot with his cast-mates at that point. :P
Posted Image

FORUM RULES

#8 Kier

Kier

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:04 AM

I heard the news about this topic between the two couple who were reunited after two weeks. A very touching moment for all those poeple who watched it. Being far from your loved ones is hard, especially if your not used to it. The news also mentions that the wounded U.S. rep Gabrielle Giffords was reunited with her astronaut husband Mark Kelly Thurs night. The two had not seen each other in over two weeks.Kelly had been in space on the last mission of the space shuttle Endeavour. The couple held hands for two straight hours, according to states. I found this here: Gabrielle Giffords reunites with astronaut husband

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users