15 replies to this topic

#1 st4ever

st4ever

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:57 PM

Hi all!

I am not new to this forum, but it has been some time since I have checked in...so much in fact I practically live a new life now with wife and kid and new home, jobs, etc. My outlook on life has changed so much that it has affected my appreciation for Star Trek (in a better and deeper sense). I thought I'd just start over here (if that's okay)....hopefully I will find the time to visit often....peace and long life.

"If there's no Star Trek in heaven, I must have ended up in the other place." ~ me

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Allee

Allee

Just Another Member with Over 3000 Posts

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:13 PM

Well, welcome back then! :wave: I love the avie.

Connor-picstrip.jpg

#3 Elf

Elf

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 4,446 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:30 PM

Welcome back to TU, st4ever :wave:
"Give me your boot." "What for?"
"So I can squash it." "Are we allowed to squash alien life forms?"
"If they're inside your sleeping bag. There it is. Wait a minute. Where'd you put the phase pistols?"
"You wanna shoot a bug?"
"I'm just gonna stun it."- Tucker and Mayweather

#4 Disconnected Drone

Disconnected Drone

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 02:17 AM

Welcome to TU (or welcome back...!)
Unless life gives you water and sugar as well, your lemonade is going to suck.

Love Should Not Divide

#5 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

TU Forum Manager - Resident killjoy

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,625 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 08:01 AM

Hi all!

I am not new to this forum, but it has been some time since I have checked in...so much in fact I practically live a new life now with wife and kid and new home, jobs, etc. My outlook on life has changed so much that it has affected my appreciation for Star Trek (in a better and deeper sense). I thought I'd just start over here (if that's okay)....hopefully I will find the time to visit often....peace and long life.

Welcome back then :) So I don't have to look it up, what was your old ID? :P PM it to me if you prefer anonymity.
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#6 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,716 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 12:07 PM

Congrats on your real life!!

Welcome back to TU...we have changed a bit here as well..Lots of fan fic stuff and we have a local bar...in Ten Forward...come and have an e-drink...it is always free!!
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#7 barbreader

barbreader

Captain

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 07:13 PM

Sounds all good! Welcome back! If you are a long time Trekker, you might enjoy dropping by the Fan Trek forum. Some of us are not as big on reruns as others. I prefer to watch something new from people who love Trek! (My website includes over 400 ready-to-watch Star Trek Fan Films and over 200 ready-to-listen-to episodes of Audio Star Trek from fans!)
Posted Image

#8 paulinem

paulinem

Connortator Extraordinaire...

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 08:15 PM

Welcome back to TU, st4ever! :wave:

Posted Image

Persistence, Patience and Perseverance Pays Off!

(practice makes perfect)

#9 st4ever

st4ever

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 09:17 PM

thanks to all for the shoutouts...dominion_ruler was my previous username.

Sounds all good! Welcome back! If you are a long time Trekker, you might enjoy dropping by the Fan Trek forum. Some of us are not as big on reruns as others. I prefer to watch something new from people who love Trek! (My website includes over 400 ready-to-watch Star Trek Fan Films and over 200 ready-to-listen-to episodes of Audio Star Trek from fans!)

wow, this is a great site....thanks.

"If there's no Star Trek in heaven, I must have ended up in the other place." ~ me

#10 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,072 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:08 AM

Welcome back!:thumbsup:

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#11 tish

tish

Commander of Starfleet

• Members
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 12:05 AM

Welcome back, st$3ever! I am somewhat in the same situation, loved TOS and TNG, but had a busy RL during the DS9 and VOY runs, and caught some of ENT whenever possible in that UPN set up (sometimes hard to get eps in first run, bumping for Texas high school football and all in our local station, etc.....arggggghhhh!)

So, I am also renewing my ST appreciation.....right now ENT is my favorite, so if you are watching them again after a long sabbatical, I envy you your enjoyment!
TUCKER: Malcolm? REED: I see it. TUCKER: Good. Means I'm not hallucinating. How can a ship be bigger on the inside than the outside? REED: It could be a hologram. TUCKER: Hand me that hyperspanner. (drops it down the hole - it hits bottom after two seconds) REED: You're not going down there? TUCKER: Got to get my spanner back.

#12 st4ever

st4ever

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 01:32 PM

Welcome back, st$3ever! I am somewhat in the same situation, loved TOS and TNG, but had a busy RL during the DS9 and VOY runs, and caught some of ENT whenever possible in that UPN set up (sometimes hard to get eps in first run, bumping for Texas high school football and all in our local station, etc.....arggggghhhh!)

So, I am also renewing my ST appreciation.....right now ENT is my favorite, so if you are watching them again after a long sabbatical, I envy you your enjoyment!

Actually, I still have found time to get some episodes in throughout the week...at nights I watch one here and there with my wife (we are on TNG season 4 now - she is hooked after seeing "Best of Both Worlds"). I also get a chance with one of my jobs...I work with my dad twice a week and he has a small tv and dvd player in the office. He is a fan too (not as much as me though) and doesn't mind if I bring in dvds during work, so I look forward to work, actually, cause it's time for me to get in several episodes!

#13 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,656 posts
  • Location:Galaxy-alpha quadrant-sector 001-Earth-Russian Federation.

Posted 21 April 2011 - 01:46 PM

Welcome on TU,you here like,talk on theme "Star Trek",can upload photo in gallery.
On this forum good people.If you ned quastion about "Star Trek" or about other,you can say administrator this forum or other users on this forum,for example me.

Edited by Martok, 21 April 2011 - 01:48 PM.

gKZxu0v.jpg?1

#14 Commander Lazar

Commander Lazar

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 02:22 PM

Welcome back! I'm a new member myself.

#15 dominion_ruler

dominion_ruler

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 09:00 PM

Hi st4ever, it's me, dominion_ruler, in other words you....just posting this to say I decided to stick with my old user name after all.

Posted Image

#16 Commander Lazar

Commander Lazar

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 01:56 AM

Hi st4ever, it's me, dominion_ruler, in other words you....just posting this to say I decided to stick with my old user name after all.

that's great!!!!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users