11 replies to this topic

#1 CTrill

CTrill

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:04 PM

Hello Everybody,

I'm new here, and I'm kind of new to Star Trek. I've seen some episodes of all of the various series, and all of the Deep Space Nine series. I've also watched 4 of the movies: Star Trek (The Original), Star Trek (2009), Wrath of Khan, and Nemesis. I guess I haven't quite watched things in proper order, but I plan to correct that this year. I was surfing the net trying to find a nice spot to learn more about Star Trek, and this seemed like a nice place. :)

Live long and prosper,

CTrill

Edited by CTrill, 03 April 2011 - 06:07 PM.

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Kirok

Kirok

Publishing and Media Director, Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:34 PM

Hello Everybody,

I'm new here, and I'm kind of new to Star Trek. I've seen some episodes of all of the various series, and all of the Deep Space Nine series. I've also watched 4 of the movies: Star Trek (The Original), Star Trek (2009), Wrath of Khan, and Nemesis. I guess I haven't quite watched things in proper order, but I plan to correct that this year. I was surfing the net trying to find a nice spot to learn more about Star Trek, and this seemed like a nice place. :)

Live long and prosper,

CTrill

Hi CTrill, welcome to the forum! No matter what series you are interested in, you'll find someone who shares that interest here!

K

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

#3 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,711 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 10:53 PM

Hey CTrill!

Welcome to TU!! Swing by and have an e-drink in Ten Forward sometime!!

Have fun!!
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#4 barbreader

barbreader

Captain

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 11:29 PM

Welcome to TU! I want to make a few comments about each of the series.

The one you've watched, DS9, may be the most consistent of the 7 year long series.

TNG has two slow years, VOY had three, before they hit their stride. If you watch the first few shows of each, don't give up on them without jumping ahead a bit.

TOS started strong, and declined, but there are excellent shows in the 3rd year and some bad ones in the first year, too.

ENT is almost it's own thing. I enjoyed it, but was disappointed with it's reliance on time travel and new species.

My favorite move is First Contact. However, I strongly encourage you to watch TNG (or at least the last 5 years of it) FIRST. It's not that you can't enjoy it on it's own, but you'll enjoy it MORE in order.

My least favorite series was The Animated Series, which is TOS based. However, if you've run through the rest of it, TAS and fan trek can provide fresh Trek. You are far, far away from running out of Trek though. I kind of envy you!
Posted Image

#5 Disconnected Drone

Disconnected Drone

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 12:41 AM

Welcome to TU. I'm Disconnected Drone (but ugh...I understand that that's a really long name to type, so you can just call me "Droney")

I'm TU's resident ninja "off-worlder", shall we say. I live in China. :rolleyes:

Also, if you see Plazmataz around here (Plaz, Plazzy, Plazma...), he's my significant other. So stay away! :lol:

Feel free to stop by TF for a drink. On me!
Unless life gives you water and sugar as well, your lemonade is going to suck.

Love Should Not Divide

#6 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,068 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 05:59 AM

Welcome to TU, CTrill!

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#7 Terilynn

Terilynn

Black-Booted Blogging Barmistress

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:14 AM

Welcome to TU CTrill! I'm Terilynn - the flighty boot wearing 10F barmistress (although lately my minions YER, Will and Tom seem to be running the place without me :( )

You'll love TU - it's a wonderful honey place full of Trekkie goodness and lots of silly, backed up with some really great discussions... see you around!

Homey - I meant homey not money...why do my fingers not work sometimes?

Edited by Terilynn, 04 April 2011 - 09:07 PM.

#8 tish

tish

Commander of Starfleet

• Members
  • 2,919 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:20 AM

Welcome to TU, CTrill, it is a friendly and informative place to be when you are finding out all about Star Trek news. Hope you post often.....see you over in Ten Forward!

Oh, my favorite series is ENT, with TOS a very close second.
TUCKER: Malcolm? REED: I see it. TUCKER: Good. Means I'm not hallucinating. How can a ship be bigger on the inside than the outside? REED: It could be a hologram. TUCKER: Hand me that hyperspanner. (drops it down the hole - it hits bottom after two seconds) REED: You're not going down there? TUCKER: Got to get my spanner back.

#9 Allee

Allee

Just Another Member with Over 3000 Posts

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:26 AM

Hi ya, CTrill, welcome aboard! :wave:

Connor-picstrip.jpg

#10 paulinem

paulinem

Connortator Extraordinaire...

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 06:57 PM

Hi ya, CTrill, and welcome to TU! :wave:

Posted Image

Persistence, Patience and Perseverance Pays Off!

(practice makes perfect)

#11 CTrill

CTrill

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:10 PM

Hi CTrill, welcome to the forum! No matter what series you are interested in, you'll find someone who shares that interest here!

K

Thanks so much for the kind welcome, Kirok! :)

I look forward to talking to everyone about each series since I plan to run through them all this year if I can manage it.

See you around,

CTrill

Hey CTrill!

Welcome to TU!! Swing by and have an e-drink in Ten Forward sometime!!

Have fun!!

Thanks! And I love your name, Trekkin'. You sound awesome already! :) I'll see in in the TF! :cheers:

Welcome to TU! I want to make a few comments about each of the series.

The one you've watched, DS9, may be the most consistent of the 7 year long series.

TNG has two slow years, VOY had three, before they hit their stride. If you watch the first few shows of each, don't give up on them without jumping ahead a bit.

TOS started strong, and declined, but there are excellent shows in the 3rd year and some bad ones in the first year, too.

ENT is almost it's own thing. I enjoyed it, but was disappointed with it's reliance on time travel and new species.

My favorite move is First Contact. However, I strongly encourage you to watch TNG (or at least the last 5 years of it) FIRST. It's not that you can't enjoy it on it's own, but you'll enjoy it MORE in order.

My least favorite series was The Animated Series, which is TOS based. However, if you've run through the rest of it, TAS and fan trek can provide fresh Trek. You are far, far away from running out of Trek though. I kind of envy you!

Thanks for the welcome and for the information!

I just started watching the first season of TNG, and it is as slow as you mentioned. I still like the crew and Picard, though. I heard a bunch about Wesley being bad for the show from friends that watched all of it, but since I didn't watch too much of it, he never bothered me. I like them all. So, I hope it stays that way. I think it will.

I was thinking of watching TOS first because it is the beginning, but I decided to go with TNG. What I saw of Voy I liked as well. I really liked the idea and the execution of the idea (from what I've seen) of the Borg. That's what I like the most about Voy. "Resistance is futile." :dance: However, I think they started in TNG, so maybe that was just a carry over to Voy. Still, 7 of 9 was great to me, and maybe that's why I always think of Voy when I think of the Borg. (?)

I promise to watch First Contact after, and only after, watching all of TNG. :) Then, I'll let you know what I think of it. And I'll look foward to getting your opinions on it, too, for why it is your favorite.

I don't plan on watching the Animated Series. I might catch a few episodes if I can run across them online or something, but I'm mostly interested in the live shows and the next ST movie that's coming out in 2012.

I do have a lot of Trek to watch, but you can always do a rewatch and we can talk about it in the forum here. If you really enjoyed TNG, then that could be good, especially if you haven't seen it all in a while. :thumbup:

See you around the forum,

CTrill

Welcome to TU. I'm Disconnected Drone (but ugh...I understand that that's a really long name to type, so you can just call me "Droney")

I'm TU's resident ninja "off-worlder", shall we say. I live in China. :rolleyes:

Also, if you see Plazmataz around here (Plaz, Plazzy, Plazma...), he's my significant other. So stay away! :lol:

Feel free to stop by TF for a drink. On me!

Thanks, Droney! :) I love ninjas!

And you have nothing to worry about. I'm not a home-wrecker, just a Star Trek fan here for fun and some serious discussion at times. :innocent: Thanks for the offer! I'll take it. See you in the TF. :cheers:

Welcome to TU, CTrill!

Thanks! :)

Welcome to TU CTrill! I'm Terilynn - the flighty boot wearing 10F barmistress (although lately my minions YER, Will and Tom seem to be running the place without me :( )

You'll love TU - it's a wonderful honey place full of Trekkie goodness and lots of silly, backed up with some really great discussions... see you around!

Homey - I meant homey not money...why do my fingers not work sometimes?

Thanks, Terilynn! Great description of the place. Sounds like a nice homey place to be. I look forward to coming by your establishment for refreshments and fun! :D Maybe while this Will and Tom you mention are doing the work running things you'll have time for a quick cuppa, and we can chat about the place, eh? :cheers:

Welcome to TU, CTrill, it is a friendly and informative place to be when you are finding out all about Star Trek news. Hope you post often.....see you over in Ten Forward!

Oh, my favorite series is ENT, with TOS a very close second.

Thanks! You're the first person to say to me that ENT is your favorite series. I'm wondering what makes that the case for you. What do you like about ENT that makes it a cut above the others for you?

Ido plan on watching it, and it'd be good to get some insights. Although I haven't seen much of it, what I did see was definitely alright by me. Still, I don't know if that's because I haven't seen all of what came before it or if it's something else. (??) I guess I'll know when I finally get to watch it all. :) And please let me know if this is the place for questions like this, or if I should ask you this somewhere else. I do want to follow the rules here. Perhaps Ten-Forward?

Hi ya, CTrill, welcome aboard! :wave:

Thanks so much for the welcome. Love the avatar by the way. :)

Hi ya, CTrill, and welcome to TU! :wave:

Thanks for the welcome. I really appreciate it. It's great to be here!!! :)

P.S.

I just saw your interests under your avatar. I'd think you'd like SG:A since it had Connor Trinneer in it. But then there's more to a show than one character. I liked him in SG:A too. B)

Edited by CTrill, 07 April 2011 - 11:16 PM.

#12 jonathan

jonathan

Lieutenant Commander

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 01:11 AM

welcome to TU!!! see you around the galaxy i hope!!!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users