11 replies to this topic

#1 Kirok

Kirok

Publishing and Media Director, Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 09:49 PM

Dispatches From The Romulan War, Vol.1

Dispatches From The Romulan War, or DRW for short, is unique in that it tells the story of the war not from the perspective of those who fought it, but from the perspective of the news agencies that reported it. This allows the reader to experience the war just as someone within the Star Trek universe would. The series is also unique in its format, which allows any TrekUnited member to submit a story—or article, as they are generally known. DRW is not a series with one author; it is an evolving tapestry made from the contributions of many different people.

Posted Image

DRW began in 2007 under the direction of editors Tyler Edwards (AKA ensign edwards) and Derek Kessler (AKA Captain_Hair). Derek Kessler has since left the project, though his influence is still felt in the format and style of the stories. In the time since its inception, DRW has published 37 articles, and new ones continue to be published regularly. This anthology comprises the first eight articles and depicts the events leading up the beginning of the war. Three more anthologies—The Raptor Strikes, The Battle of Telsong, and War Hits Home—will cover the remaining 29 articles.

The pdf edition of this anthology is now available for wide release to browse and download on the TrekUnited Publishing Issuu webpage, http://issuu.com/tre.../drw1-salem_one. Feel free to leave feedback comments on the Issuu page, on this release thread or on the original forum threads.

01 ... 28 Nov, 2156 - Breaking News: Salem One Station Lost by Ensign Edwards & Derek Kessler, Nov 10 07
02 ... 30 Nov, 2156 - New Details Emerge About Salem One Attack by Ensign Edwards & Derek Kessler, Nov 15 07
03 ... 01 Dec, 2156 - The Human Cost by Kirok of L'Stok, Nov 19 07
04 ... 04 Dec, 2156 - Salem One attack creates doubt among Coalition worlds by Ensign Edwards, Nov 28 07
05 ... 10 Dec, 2156 - Confrontation with Romulans leaves Columbia badly damaged 29 Nov 07
06 ... 16 Dec, 2156 - Andorians, Tellarites declare war on Romulans 10 Dec 07
07 ... 18 Dec, 2156 - Black unveils personal tragedy by Kirok of L'Stok, 12 Dec 07
08 ... 21 Dec, 2156 - Prime Minister Samuels, Coalition leaders join war with Romulus 22 Dec 07

Remember if the narrative possibilities fire your imagination, you can be a part of it by submit a story for DRW on the TrekUnited forum.

Kirok of L'Stok, Director of Media, TrekUnited

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 trekkin

trekkin

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,728 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 03:27 AM

Great Job!! Posted Image

DRW is awesome! Posted Image
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#3 Terilynn

Terilynn

Black-Booted Blogging Barmistress

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 04:33 AM

Wahoooooo! Love the cover!

#4 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 05:29 AM

That cover is Great!

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#5 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:09 AM

All credit for the cover goes to Cylon-Knight at GBBS. He's the master.

#6 tish

tish

Commander of Starfleet

• Members
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 03:16 PM

Between rereading DRW and rewatching ENTS5, I am busy busy busy with lots of really good Star Trek....with an Enterprise slant. Heavenly in my world.
TUCKER: Malcolm? REED: I see it. TUCKER: Good. Means I'm not hallucinating. How can a ship be bigger on the inside than the outside? REED: It could be a hologram. TUCKER: Hand me that hyperspanner. (drops it down the hole - it hits bottom after two seconds) REED: You're not going down there? TUCKER: Got to get my spanner back.

#7 Terilynn

Terilynn

Black-Booted Blogging Barmistress

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 09:34 AM

All credit for the cover goes to Cylon-Knight at GBBS. He's the master.

Ooooh tell him I may be hitting him up for some stuff? If he doesn't mind.... :innocent:

#8 RichMerk

RichMerk

Chief Petty Officer

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 02:18 AM

Salem One is now also available in ebook formats!!! http://ebooks.merknet.com

#9 Kirok

Kirok

• Global Moderators
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:26 AM

Salem One is now also available in ebook formats!!! http://ebooks.merknet.com

Without intruding too much I'd like to thank Richard for getting this out when he's not feeling at his best.

K

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

#10 jespah

jespah

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

• Global Moderators
  • 4,918 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:59 AM

Thanks, Richard. That'll hit the Twitter stream at some time.

Honk if you love silence.

Published author, Trek Citizen and not much bigger than a bread box

Untrustworthy-medium.jpg    banner-ezri.jpg

#11 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:38 PM

Ooooh tell him I may be hitting him up for some stuff? If he doesn't mind.... :innocent:

He says you can drop him a line anytime.

#12 Kirok

Kirok

• Global Moderators
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:45 AM

Dispatches From The Romulan War Vol.1 Audio Books

Posted Image

‎12daysxmas.thunderdownunder.org

To complement the release of the first volume of "Dispatches From the Romulan War" check out the full cast audiobook skits we produced for the 2007 Twelve Trek Days of Christmas, hosted by USS Atlantis NX-63546

K

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users