1020 replies to this topic

#921 Disconnected Drone

Disconnected Drone

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 11:07 AM

Whats wrong with men?

I just had a huge blow out fight with Plaz (which he totally just left, btw, to go run his SUPER IMPORTANT ERRANDS THAT ABSOLUTELY COULDN'T WAIT :wallbash: ), so I don't think I could answer that question fairly.

But if you really are interested in hearing about why I think guys are all dumb and that females should rule the world in high-heeled boots, shoot me a PM.
Unless life gives you water and sugar as well, your lemonade is going to suck.

Love Should Not Divide

#922 tish

tish

Commander of Starfleet

• Members
  • 2,919 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 11:41 AM

I like men. Some of my best friends are men! Having said that......I found that if I do not take everything so seriously, and find humor in our inherent differences, a whole lotta men/women angst can be smoothed over. Of course, it helps that I have even-tempered, light-hearted, yet responsible men to be around most of the time.

Now if you get me anywhere NEAR one of those guys who have a male superiority complex and the word "A$$#OLE" written across their forehead, then I guarentee sparks will fly......and I will win that argument! They always underestimate a strong willed woman with an intelligent mind and a good grasp of the language, English in my case of course.
TUCKER: Malcolm? REED: I see it. TUCKER: Good. Means I'm not hallucinating. How can a ship be bigger on the inside than the outside? REED: It could be a hologram. TUCKER: Hand me that hyperspanner. (drops it down the hole - it hits bottom after two seconds) REED: You're not going down there? TUCKER: Got to get my spanner back.

#923 tish

tish

Commander of Starfleet

• Members
  • 2,919 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 11:53 AM

PS. Droney.....guys must have their down time, it is not a reflection of how they feel about us, and if they have errands to run, most of them (if they are the organized type) prefer to get those errands all done so that they can be totally 'there' when they do get back to being with us instead of distracted with all the things that are unfinished.

Of course, it took me awhile to figure all this out. :rolleyes:
TUCKER: Malcolm? REED: I see it. TUCKER: Good. Means I'm not hallucinating. How can a ship be bigger on the inside than the outside? REED: It could be a hologram. TUCKER: Hand me that hyperspanner. (drops it down the hole - it hits bottom after two seconds) REED: You're not going down there? TUCKER: Got to get my spanner back.

#924 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,713 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:36 PM

Men are genetically malformed...that missing x chromosome....

Elf...I LOVE that you had to look up a Mac keyboard! You are too funny!

We won again!! AND our picture is going to be on Patch.com!
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#925 Russell Crowe

Russell Crowe

• Members
  • 45,874 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 01:01 PM

okay changed my mind.... today i like women again :P still bummed I missed the wedding though.

but... THE ROYALS WON LAST NIGHT! :cheers:
Have you reckon'd a thousand acres much? have you reckon'd the
earth much? Have you practis'd so long to learn to read?
Have you felt so proud to get at the meaning of poems?
Stop this day and night with me and you shall possess the origin of
all poems...

#926 trekkin'

trekkin'

• Global Moderators
  • 7,713 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 03:19 PM

Ha Ha...I just posted to my ex that he is a Royal A@@#hole for not knowing what teams his kids played on in Little League....IT was a joke...and a reference to an argument from long ago in Pool League...but now I'm being followed by Royal stuff...Royal Wedding...Royal A ...Royal Baseball....

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#927 Allee

Allee

Just Another Member with Over 3000 Posts

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 03:23 PM

I missed the wedding because I didn't feel like getting up that early, but, as I figured would happen, Comcast has it OnDemand. So I just watched the whole thing today. It's under the "Top Picks" section if anyone is interested. . . and has Comcast.

Connor-picstrip.jpg

#928 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 03:35 PM

I honestly prefer the company of women (and not just in a romantic/sexual sense), but that's just me. I don't think they have any inherent superiority.

Now if you get me anywhere NEAR one of those guys who have a male superiority complex and the word "A$$#OLE" written across their forehead, then I guarentee sparks will fly......and I will win that argument! They always underestimate a strong willed woman with an intelligent mind and a good grasp of the language, English in my case of course.

A neurologist friend of mine was telling me recently that women's brains are better equipped for language processing and such, so that doesn't really surprise me.

#929 trekkin'

trekkin'

• Global Moderators
  • 7,713 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 10:52 PM

LOOONNNNGGG DAAAYYY

8am Opening Day...

10 am baseball game

1:30 finally home and eat something...nap for 40 mins

3:00 errands

4:30 get gas....mow lawn

6:00 errands then movie night for Girl Scouts

9:00 pb& j for dinner

return extra child to her house...have 2 beers with friends around campfire...

midnight-ish...sleep...me...tired...

#930 Disconnected Drone

Disconnected Drone

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 11:55 PM

Get some sleep, trekkin'.

Wuh. 4 hours of sleep, loads of chicken to fry today. Literally. Let's just pray I don't eat it all before the meal tonight.

Love Should Not Divide

#931 jespah

jespah

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

• Global Moderators
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:14 AM

Staying out of all male-female debates, ever.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=VUSd_RYnxAY

Honk if you love silence.

Author, Trek Citizen and not much bigger than a bread box

banner-ezri.jpg

#932 Disconnected Drone

Disconnected Drone

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:31 AM

So...any ideas for a new bar, anyone?

I have a huge gash at the bottom of my foot, and I don't know how it got there. :err:

Love Should Not Divide

#933 trekkin'

trekkin'

• Global Moderators
  • 7,713 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:00 AM

I have a huge gash at the bottom of my foot, and I don't know how it got there. :err:

I read the above as "a huge gagh at the bottom of my foot...."

So..I thought..Why not a Klingon bar?

#934 TeaKirk

TeaKirk

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:09 AM

I read the above as "a huge gagh at the bottom of my foot...."

So..I thought..Why not a Klingon bar?

TK HAZ RETURNED!!!!!!!!! and I think a Klingon bar is a great idea!!!!!!!!
Posted Image

http://sailortrekkie92.deviantart.com/
Lightspeedpurple's art
Guest Password-Pikachu(It's not my real login password, it's for guest use only)

#935 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

TU Forum Manager - Resident killjoy

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,622 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 02:55 PM

PS. Droney.....guys must have their down time, it is not a reflection of how they feel about us, and if they have errands to run, most of them (if they are the organized type) prefer to get those errands all done so that they can be totally 'there' when they do get back to being with us instead of distracted with all the things that are unfinished.

Of course, it took me awhile to figure all this out. :rolleyes:

Yes absolutely true.

okay changed my mind.... today i like women again :P still bummed I missed the wedding though.

but... THE ROYALS WON LAST NIGHT! :cheers:

Didn't know your sexual preference was undergoing scrutiny, but thanks for the update :huh: :P

I missed the wedding because I didn't feel like getting up that early, but, as I figured would happen, Comcast has it OnDemand. So I just watched the whole thing today. It's under the "Top Picks" section if anyone is interested. . . and has Comcast.

BBCA is replaying it again for like the fourth time as I saw before turning it off in favor of the Sox game :P

That's okay I have a nice bruise under my fingernail and I know exactly how it got there(it got mushed while helping my neighbor fix his stone wall). I also have a local farm source for eggs now and he's cheaper than the store :D need to start some more seeds though or imma only going to be raising cherry tomatoes this year.
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#936 paulinem

paulinem

Connortator Extraordinaire...

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:30 PM

So, I'm sitting on the back verandah in the nice warm sun. The only sounds I'm hearing are the songs of the birds enjoying the sunny day, and my sis and BIL pottering around the house. Nice and relaxing.

Anyhoo, I'm running on battery which won't last long, and I can only just make out my screen, because of all the glare, so I won't be sitting out here for long!

Um, don't we already have a Klingon Bar???

A Hot Tucker, please.

I wonder how raptor is enjoying the con?

Edited by paulinem, 01 May 2011 - 08:38 PM.

Posted Image

Persistence, Patience and Perseverance Pays Off!

(practice makes perfect)

#937 trekkin'

trekkin'

• Global Moderators
  • 7,713 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:06 PM

Here's to the unmanned drone.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=a1EoZ_nwYIk

Um...hello...ROYAL Irish Arse!!

#938 Disconnected Drone

Disconnected Drone

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:32 PM

I read the above as "a huge gagh at the bottom of my foot...." So..I thought..Why not a Klingon bar?

I thought there had already been a Klingon bar. But if not....Klingon bar!

Here's to the unmanned drone.

Drone? No man? You're mistaken. Droney's no longer single. :naughty3dg:

Speaking of drones...I imagine there's already been a Borg bar?

Love Should Not Divide

#939 Russell Crowe

Russell Crowe

• Members
  • 45,874 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:33 PM

come on Obama some of us have to work in the morning. honestly.
Have you reckon'd a thousand acres much? have you reckon'd the
earth much? Have you practis'd so long to learn to read?
Have you felt so proud to get at the meaning of poems?
Stop this day and night with me and you shall possess the origin of
all poems...

#940 trekkin'

trekkin'

• Global Moderators
  • 7,713 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:49 PM

I was mistaken...it wasn't an unmanned drone...it was a "small team of Americans".

Edited by trekkin', 01 May 2011 - 11:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users