Enterprise Turning 10

47 replies to this topic

#41 ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike

Fleet Admiral

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 06:19 PM

Hello Paulinem! Not all bad. I've no right to complain, I guess. See you around.

#42 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,054 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 06:42 PM

Hi Chris, nice to see you in these parts.

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#43 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 09:26 AM

Hey, Chris! Good to see you again.

#44 dominion_ruler

dominion_ruler

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 08:58 PM

Sigh...as much as I love to celebrate this 10 year anniversary it also pains to me remember the show never completed. Don't get me wrong, I hate to complain and I love watching all 4 seasons again and again when I can, but I am beginning to dislike TATV more and more...it's an episode of TNG, not ENT and a real stinker to ENT and ITS fans. And alas, no Romulan Wars....

Posted Image

#45 NMdum1

NMdum1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:38 PM

Come to think of it, yes. Holy cow! It really does show how long ago it was. I remember exactly where I was when I saw the Pilot as well, it was the weekly meeting of the Dundee University Sci-Fi Society and we were as usual in the side meeting room of the DU Student's Union in very early October 2001 off a pirated version which I believe had been nabbed off the internet (I still watched it when it came out on British television.) I remember feeling relieved that it wasn't the botch job that I had feared as soon as the word "prequel" was leaked and how loud we had to play the damn thing in order to be heard above the bars all around us (it was a Student Union after-all). I also remember thinking that it was fairly nostalgic, although a little too American-centric (where the hell was Gagarin in the title sequence! he's only the first man in space), that Bakula wasn't too bad despite my fears (I confess I predicted in April 2001 that casting him would prove a bad idea), that perhaps they ought not to have gone for a theme-tune with lyrics and I called the Trip-T'Pol thing, so all-in-all, I wasn't too far off the mark. Though sadly, I suddenly feel rather old.

#46 Ezri Dax

Ezri Dax

Captain

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:32 AM

Always had ill feelings with Enterprise. Better to say, mixed feeling with the show. My feeling, it was not what the fans were thinking about with a pre-Kirk era. True, the ships were not going to be that strong and powerful. Still, it felt a little bit like Voyager in a way. Not lost, but just not sure of themselves.

#47 DresdedCain

DresdedCain

Crewman

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:07 AM

I loved it, every minute of it, well except for the last episode. It's a shame it got killed in its prime. I think the show would have really shined it if had a season 5-7.

#48 Breachwood

Breachwood

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:50 AM

I liked Enterprise and I wish it had been finished off properly.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users