Enterprise Turning 10

47 replies to this topic

#1 Tom

Tom

TrekUnited Owner & Co-Founder

• Managment
  • 4,825 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:05 PM

On September 26th, 2011 it will mark 10 years since Enterpise's premere. What I want to do is celebrate the 10th anniversary of Enterprise on Trekunited.com. I need someone to come up with a creative logo for Enterprise mentioning 10 years etc. That logo will be added to the top of Trekunited and other places. I also want other idea's on how to celebrate the milestone, we already have Pauline's Enterprise S5 as one of those things, need some other idea's. While we could not save enterprise, let us make sure it is remembered.

Thanks!

TrekUnited - Owner & Co-Founder

"To boldly do what no one has done before..."

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 paulinem

paulinem

Connortator Extraordinaire...

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 06:44 PM

Excellent idea, Tom! I'll put my thinking cap on!

Posted Image

Persistence, Patience and Perseverance Pays Off!

(practice makes perfect)

#3 Kirok

Kirok

Publishing and Media Director, Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 07:35 PM

On September 26th, 2011 it will mark 10 years since Enterpise's premere. What I want to do is celebrate the 10th anniversary of Enterprise on Trekunited.com. I need someone to come up with a creative logo for Enterprise mentioning 10 years etc. That logo will be added to the top of Trekunited and other places. I also want other idea's on how to celebrate the milestone, we already have Pauline's Enterprise S5 as one of those things, need some other idea's. While we could not save enterprise, let us make sure it is remembered.

Thanks!

I've always thought that you could do a great Enterprise machinima using the mod files left behind by the makers of Star Trek Enterprise : The Temporal Cold War but I've neither the time, expertese nor a copy of Half Life 2 and to make matters worse the files seem to have disappeared!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBnDdNyVHT4

The game might have failed to achieve escape velocity but the "assets" they created along the way were absolutely mind - blowing! My suggestion would be a script-writing competition on two levels...
  • For a three-part audio drama mini-series
  • For a film script designed for the assets available from Ent : TCW
The audio drama side would depend on getting a production group interested in producing it, either one of the ones that currently have a Star Trek title or one of the many others. Whilst the competition script would give the group a one-off mini-series, if it proved successful they would have the option of picking it up as a series.

The film script could go ahead even with the assets online at the moment (with permission of course) as a toon-show style video similar to Ent S5 but with animated cut scenes as well as stills and voice actors.

Done this way, you would have an event managed by TrekUnited involving fans and established groups who would share the work but also the achievement of breaking into a largely open era of Star Trek.

K

PS - Just a thought: I know it would probably be impossible to get the original actors to reprise their roles, but I'm sure they'd be interested in voicing a part as a cameo to show their versatility - John Billingsley as an annoying network reporter perhaps? Jolene Blalock as a 'femme fatale' spy? >le sigh<

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

#4 Kirok

Kirok

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:23 PM

PS - Just a thought: I know it would probably be impossible to get the original actors to reprise their roles, but I'm sure they'd be interested in voicing a part as a cameo to show their versatility - John Billingsley as an annoying network reporter perhaps? Jolene Blalock as a 'femme fatale' spy? >le sigh<

PPS - You'd need an incentive to writers to enter the script competition, perhaps a celebrity judge? Starfleet international has had celebrity judges for their writing competitions for the last couple of years. Perhaps a professional who worked on Star Trek: Enterprise, hmmm? Do we have contacts with anyone like that?- K

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

#5 paulinem

paulinem

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 07:52 PM

Okay, Starshine is bullying me to post this! :D

I have a suggestion. It's way out there, but if it works it could be fun and exciting.

I'm a little nervous about putting this forward, so, well ya know... Bare with me! :blush:

Anyhoo, here is a suggestion from Brisbane, Australia.

I was thinking of having a birthday bash being held in some venue in the city. However there are some things to consider that I've outlined below:

Enterprise Birthday Bash – possible date 24/25 of September 2011

Survey how many would be interested – especially in Brisbane
2. Discern a date – I'm looking for a 1½ day event sometime in September, as indicated above
3. Investigate venue and expenses
4. Discern ticket prices
5. Advertising

Suggested program activities: Day 1

9am to 10am - registration and morning tea
2. 10am to 12pm - 2 episodes of Enterprise – Where it all began: Broken Bow
3. 12pm to 2pm - Birthday lunch (including cake) and fun activities (yet to be decided)
4. 2pm to 4pm - 2 episodes of Enterprise – yet to be decided
5. 4pm – 5pm - Afternoon tea and entertainment (could include: Demo of S5 and such)
6. 5pm to 7pm - 2 episodes of Enterprise – yet to be decided
7. 7pm to 9pm - Dinner and activities
8. 9pm to 11pm - 2 episodes of Enterprise – Countdown and Zero hour
9. 11pm - close

Suggested program activities: Day 2

9am to 10am - registration and morning tea
2. 10am to 12pm - 2 episodes of Enterprise – yet to be decided
3. 12pm to 2pm - Lunch and activities
4. 2pm to 4pm – 2 episodes of Enterprise – Where it all ended: Demons and Terra Prime
5. 4pm to 6pm – afternoon tea and wind up

Things to consider:

Finding volunteers
2. Possibly have a live feed to TU so that others around the globe can by voyeurs :nod:
3. This also could be run as a progressive birthday bash around the globe starting with Australia.
4. Look at having separate displays for TU, S5, Trekzone and such...

Things to consider with expenses (this is not exhaustive):

Decorating costs
2. Accommodation – for those who want to stay in the city
3. Catering – including special diet needs
4. Emcee
5. Possibly look at getting a popcorn machine

Of course all of this is dependent on getting numbers, so the most important issue is to ascertain if those numbers are there for this to party go ahead.

The other important issue is how is this going to be coordinated. I'm happy to be to the contact person and to coordinate this event; Starshine has offered to be my 2IC.

Plus contact points. Would I set up a separate email account for enquiries and registration forms, or should this be coordinated through TU?

This will also be an alcohol free event, expect for the dinner, where I was thinking, to stop the over indulgence, that people pay for their own drinks.

This is just a broad outline of how this could run, so what do you think?

Oh, and a PS: Starshine and I do have experience at organising major events (we met when we were part of a team that organised a 2 and 1/2 day festival), so we have an idea of how things run.

Edited by paulinem, 22 January 2011 - 07:57 PM.

Posted Image

(practice makes perfect)

#6 Kirok

Kirok

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 12:15 AM

Enterprise Birthday Bash – possible date 24/25 of September 2011

The House of L'Stok will make every effort to be in attendance.

In costume :devil2:

K

Posted Image

#7 tish

tish

Commander of Starfleet

• Members
  • 2,917 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 11:20 AM

@ Pauline and Starshine: I would head to Australia in September! And volunteer in any role needed.

@Kirok: I have no experience in the creation of media, however I am at proofreading/editing, so would help out there!

My only idea so far is an addition to Pauline's and Starshine's, in that the same program is followed, just in several places around the globe to enable more participation due to travel and work limits. All of the sites could show the same episodes, have live comments by participants, and if the timing is possible, have our episodes running for 24/36/48 hours straight.

Of course, the culmination will be the worldwide premiere showing of the results of Kirok's idea!

Just a thought. I hope to be in Australia!
TUCKER: Malcolm? REED: I see it. TUCKER: Good. Means I'm not hallucinating. How can a ship be bigger on the inside than the outside? REED: It could be a hologram. TUCKER: Hand me that hyperspanner. (drops it down the hole - it hits bottom after two seconds) REED: You're not going down there? TUCKER: Got to get my spanner back.

#8 paulinem

paulinem

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 07:14 PM

The House of L'Stok will make every effort to be in attendance.

In costume :devil2:

K

That'd be cool! Then you could harrass the guests while they take breaks! :devil2:

@ Pauline and Starshine: I would head to Australia in September! And volunteer in any role needed.

@Kirok: I have no experience in the creation of media, however I am at proofreading/editing, so would help out there!

My only idea so far is an addition to Pauline's and Starshine's, in that the same program is followed, just in several places around the globe to enable more participation due to travel and work limits. All of the sites could show the same episodes, have live comments by participants, and if the timing is possible, have our episodes running for 24/36/48 hours straight.

Of course, the culmination will be the worldwide premiere showing of the results of Kirok's idea!

Just a thought. I hope to be in Australia!

Tish, that would be wonderful!

I was also thinking the same thing, to have a progressive party around the world!

Of course, all of this is contingent to how to find out if the numbers are there, and if it's okayed!

Posted Image

(practice makes perfect)

#9 Tom

Tom

• Managment
  • 4,825 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 10:14 PM

What I really want as soon as possible is some type of graphic acknowedgelement of the the 10 years. I'm not the best designer of such things. :)

#10 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:46 AM

Ten years already? Jesus. I feel old.

I could maybe put out a special DRW article or tie-in story. That's the best idea I have.

@Tom: You should ask p0is0n0us or one of the other graphics guys at GBBS. I'm sure they'd be happy to help.

#11 Kirok

Kirok

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:35 AM

What I really want as soon as possible is some type of graphic acknowedgelement of the the 10 years. I'm not the best designer of such things. :)

Just out of curiosity, what size would you be looking for? 550px × 100px?

Posted Image

#12 Allee

Allee

Just Another Member with Over 3000 Posts

• Members
  • 3,132 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:43 PM

I was going to ask the same. ^ Are you looking for a banner, something smaller; something static or animated?
Help make Pauline America's Next Author! http://www.ebookmall...hor/pauline-mac

Posted Image

#13 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,054 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 04:03 PM

In addition to Enterprise being 10, TOS is 45. Would it be a good idea to combine the events?

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#14 Tom

Tom

• Managment
  • 4,825 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 04:53 PM

Really any standard banner size, I can always resize in photoshop as needed.

In addition to Enterprise being 10, TOS is 45. Would it be a good idea to combine the events?

Absoulty, Tos at 45 is huge to, just trying give some love to Enterprise as well.

#15 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,054 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:29 AM

Absolutely Tom, I was thinking some type of banner with maybe 75% of image/message being the 10 and Enterprise and the other 25% being the 45 and TOS.

Enterprise being now and seeing the "future" in TOS.

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#16 tish

tish

Commander of Starfleet

• Members
  • 2,917 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:09 AM

Well, I will just go ahead and ask......where do you go to start learning how to put together these banners? You all know that I began here a neophyte in all this, so maybe it is time for me to step out of my comfort zone again. I just do not know where to begin!
TUCKER: Malcolm? REED: I see it. TUCKER: Good. Means I'm not hallucinating. How can a ship be bigger on the inside than the outside? REED: It could be a hologram. TUCKER: Hand me that hyperspanner. (drops it down the hole - it hits bottom after two seconds) REED: You're not going down there? TUCKER: Got to get my spanner back.

#17 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:33 AM

Photoshop is usually the preferred method.

#18 Trek Realist

Trek Realist

Amicus Hostis

• Members
  • 7,706 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 10:37 PM

Well I guess my contribution to marking this occasion is that I finally broke down and picked up the box sets (they were cheap and I was weak).
Atheism is not a religion. It is a personal relationship with reality.

Quis custodiet ipso custodes

My Blog

#19 paulinem

paulinem

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 07:25 PM

Huh! Good for you, Trek Realist! Posted Image

It's a shame that the birthday bash isn't going ahead. My bad! My life has been so upside down, and is still drifting in the air, that I couldn't get it organised.

Maybe we can think of something else to mark the occasion?

Posted Image

(practice makes perfect)

#20 Kirok

Kirok

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:01 PM

Well I guess my contribution to marking this occasion is that I finally broke down and picked up the box sets (they were cheap and I was weak).

Feel free to let us know what you think of the series. I like to think that the distance of time can often add objectivity to people's judgement of Enterprise, it was such an emotional hot-bed at the time!

As regards to celebrating Entperprise turning 10 ,kkkkikmmbom]8 (gagh! The cat just jumped on the keyboard!) >_<

...As I was saying... <_< (stoopid cat!)... TrekUnited Publishing are doing our bit to keep the memory alive with progressive releases of Dispatches From The Romulan War as an illustrated anthology - plus fan fiction by Jespah - and the creativity and quality of Enterprise S5 is a constant source of wonder. For those of a romantic outlook, The Delphic Expanse is currently running their first annual awards for Enterprise fan fiction, and for those who like an action series, ST Endeavour is a must read! For a comprehensive listing of fan productions touching on the Enterprise era I did one for HFO 2.04 and I don't think much has changed in the mean time.

The best options I can see for fan production expansion by our fanbase is with webcomics/graphic novels, animation and audio dramas, none of which are currently being exploited much. There have been plans and some, like ST Unity, are still building slowly. Anyone who wants help publishing or promotion of their work, my door is ways open (I think Rooster took it with him when he left!)

After saying all that, it would be good to arrange a fan get-together. If it can't be done in person then an online conclave would work - I'm sure Trek Radio or Subspace Radio would help. Maybe something on Second Life at the Monastery of P'Jem? I'm pretty sure I could arrange that, just need to find out what interest there would be in it.

Cheers

K

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users