• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,069 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:28 PM

It has happened to me several times since the server move. I have just closed TU than reopened it.

I use Firefox. I believe it may also have happened while I was in Florida, there I was using IE.

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#22 Tom

Tom

TrekUnited Owner & Co-Founder

• Managment
  • 4,831 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:33 PM

Trying to determine if its a software or server issue. It started happening to me after the DOS attacks and our server guy put a lot of preventive measures in place. Not sure if it's related or not.

TrekUnited - Owner & Co-Founder

Associate Producer of Star Trek: Renegades, Coming soon!!

GalacticaBBS.com - Owner

"To boldly do what no one has done before..."

#23 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 01:28 PM

Does anyone else have the issue where your profile box in the top right corner stays open and does not close. I get this with my computer at work in IE and sometimes Firefox but it seems to work fine at home.

I've been having this happen off and on since the move. I'm also continuing to get those 503 errors.

#24 Barbara

Barbara

Working My Way Up to Awesome

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 01:37 PM

Does anyone else have the issue where your profile box in the top right corner stays open and does not close. I get this with my computer at work in IE and sometimes Firefox but it seems to work fine at home.

Yes, everytime after I first sign in. So I hit refresh and it disappears.

I'm also continuing to get those 503 errors.

I've gotten this error often. Too often.
President, P.U.T. Procrastinators Unite Tomorrow
The bend in the road is not the end of the road unless you fail to make the turn.
Mac Anderson

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved." John 3:16-17

#25 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

The Baron, Resident Duelist

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 01:53 PM

I get it on occasion with Firefox; haven't tried it with IE. Unlike Barbara, it won't disappear if I refresh.
Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#26 Tom

Tom

• Managment
  • 4,831 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 04:04 PM

It wont for me either. I noticed that the 2 archive forums here do it too, and there at a lower software levels so its something with the server. I will look into it.

GalacticaBBS.com - Owner

#27 paulinem

paulinem

Connortator Extraordinaire...

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:10 PM

The box only appears after I signed in, but once I navigate to a topic it disappears!

And, I am also experiencing the 503 message still.

*hands Tom a hyprospray full of soothing ingredients*

Posted Image

Persistence, Patience and Perseverance Pays Off!

(practice makes perfect)

#28 Tom

Tom

• Managment
  • 4,831 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 09:23 PM

I have told Fred, who handles our new server to look into it, I'm pretty sure I know what it is.

GalacticaBBS.com - Owner

#29 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,713 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 01:04 PM

nope.

I had trouble with the notifications box just getting bigger and bigger and bigger...I had to turn it off...

People (Apoco) are getting 503 messages when they try to log on, though, Not me...Everything seems fine from here.

BUT...while you are tinkering ... How about bringing back the old winkie guy...you know...new winkie had a stroke. And for that matter...put hugs and facepalm back on the quickie emoticon box....THANKS ! You're a peach!! Really..though...Old winkie guy...He even has his own thread....William has a copy of him...or so he says....

Edited by trekkin', 29 January 2011 - 01:07 PM.

"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#30 Star Trek Jen

Star Trek Jen

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:00 AM

charitybuzz.com is auctioning off the ultimate Star Trek: The Next Generation collectible: a porcelain plate with a fanciful design featuring metallic gold details and the Starfleet insignia, created by Star Trek: The Next Generation designer, David R. Roesler. The reverse side has facsimile signatures of Patrick Stewart and the principal TNG cast, and is numbered "Plate #281." The plate also comes with a certificate of authenticity.

For more images and details, please visit http://www.charitybu...g_items/255446. Bidding is open until March 2, 2011.

Proceeds from the Penn State Pink Zone auction will fund the following charities: Mount Nittany Medical Center, Penn State Hershey Cancer Institute, Pennsylvania Breast Cancer Coalition, Kay Yow Cancer Fund, and J.C. Blair Memorial Hospital.

Please spread the word to all of your followers and help raise money and awareness for these amazing causes!

#31 Tom

Tom

• Managment
  • 4,831 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:13 PM

Not the right place for that post but it's ok.

GalacticaBBS.com - Owner

#32 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:29 PM

To get things back on topic, I'm still having those 503 errors. They've gotten less common, but I'm still encountering it several times a day.

#33 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,713 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 11:19 PM

I've had intermittent trouble with the multi-quote button going to a reply page and not just tagging the post to quote.

AND I really think the Old Winkie guy needs to come back...New Winkie is just creepy.
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#34 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

The Baron, Resident Duelist

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:00 AM

Agreed. We should get a petition together or something.
Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users