The Twelve Trek Day Of Christmas, 2010

5 replies to this topic

#1 Kirok

Kirok

Publishing and Media Director, Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:56 AM

It gives me great pleasure to announce that The Twelve Trek Day Of Christmas is now online for the fourth year in a row on our Blogsite!
:huh:
>Ahem< I can tell from the bemused looks on your faces that you're thinking, "Christmas? Wasn't that two weeks ago?" OK, so I'm a *little* late! I promise I'll have it finished by Easter this year! Today we have three presents for you...

Posted Image

***TrekCast***

A podcast from: TimeWell Electronic Presentations.

Posted Image

As part of their contribution to the annual 12 Trek Days of Christmas, Doug, Jim and Ken have gotten together to talk about the many presents Star Trek has given us in the form of inspirations. What would cellphones look like if Captain Kirk wasn't there to flip open his communicator? Would we even have cellphones at this stage in the game without Star Trek to inspire inventors? And what about all of those theoreticians who are trying to develop warp drive, teleporters, replicators and more because they saw it done on Star Trek first? All of these questions and more will be discussed in TrekCast: Inspirations at http://twerpcast.twerponline.net

Have a very Merry Christmas and a very prosperous New Year from TWERPs! HOSTED BY Doug Zeitlin and Jim Caswell with special correspondent Ken Hallaron

ABOUT TWERPCAST:
TimeWell Electronic Recording Productions presents TWERPcast, an unscripted podcast program where we discuss "genre" media in what amounts to well thought out, and occasionally not so well thought out, opinions. Said opinions may be highbrow and/or educational at times; they may bring you to laughter or tears; and they may, we hope, be very entertaining as well. If you enjoy relaxing with your friends and discussing movies, television, books and more, then we hope you will enjoy TWERPcast too. If you're easily offended, get your own podcast and a sense of humor!

Posted Image

***Nova Trek 3 - Assignment: Yesterday***
An online comic from: MD Bruffy
This exciting non-canon, Star Trek comic released by Madison D Bruffy in October, continues the story of Jan and Tamera Kirk from the previous issue, Guardian's Child. Janet Kirk and her sister travel back in time to 1978 Cape Kennedy, to work with two old acquaintances of Jan's, in stopping agents from the future from making a change to Earth's history that could destroy Starfleet and the Federal Union of Planets before they were even created! Read it on Issuu.

Posted Image

ABOUT NOVA TREK:
Madison D. Bruffy, the writer and graphic artist for Nova Trek has created these substantial comics - 70-80 pages each - from the ground up! From writing the story, turning it into a visual plotline, grabbing the reader with his visual imagery - made using a variety of 2D/3D graphics programs in conjunction with Poser - he does the lot!
Mr Bruffy has done the "hard yards" and not only does his skill show but his creativity as well! This isn't Dark Horse or DC, but it doesn't try to be! These are damn good stories presented in a ground-breaking, experimental media! Read and enjoy ... and don't forget to drop by Madison's home on the USS Tamarlane forum to give him some feedback. While you're there checkout some of the other great fan produced comics there such as Starship Saladin, Starship Surya and the stunning USS Tamarlane - watch out for more on Star Trek web comics in Hailing Frequencies Open issue 2.12!

Posted Image

***Hailing Frequencies Open 2.03***
A fanzine edited by Kirok of L'Stok

Posted Image

Hailing Frequencies Open is the venue for this year's published media, twelve issues being planned with today's focussing on the pre-Enterprise era of Star Trek. We have a short story from the editor, the first part of a serialised photonovel episode of "Enterprise S5", the animated fan fiction series by Lee, Mac & Moore and the first instalment of a three part directory of Star Trek audio drama in 2010. This is rounded off by the first instalment by Hair & Edwards in Dispatches From The Romulan War a virtual fan fiction series rounded off by a montage of Star Trek fan art from deviantART from the pre-Enterprise era.

...and that's just Day One!

Regards to old friends, new friends and friends I have never met!

Kirok of L'Stok
"The buck stops here"

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Terilynn

Terilynn

Black-Booted Blogging Barmistress

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:29 AM

Awesome K - I tweeted the link to the blog site!

#3 jespah

jespah

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

• Global Moderators
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:22 AM

Good idea - me too!

Honk if you love silence.

Author, Trek Citizen and not much bigger than a bread box

banner-ezri.jpg

#4 Kirok

Kirok

Publishing and Media Director, Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 06:05 PM

Awesome K - I tweeted the link to the blog site!

LOL! Y'know that's one avenue of distribution I'd not considered in plans for world domination the fanzine.

Thanks guys!

K

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

#5 paulinem

paulinem

Connortator Extraordinaire...

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 06:51 PM

*stands and applauds*

You did a great job, Kirok! Thank you!

Posted Image

Persistence, Patience and Perseverance Pays Off!

(practice makes perfect)

#6 Allee

Allee

Just Another Member with Over 3000 Posts

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:01 PM

Hey, pretty cool! :thumbsup:

Connor-picstrip.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users