2 replies to this topic

#1 Hpfan28

Hpfan28

Trekunited Moderator

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 07:29 PM

Does anyone else play Runescape?

I love this game and play every chance I get. The graphics are great and it offers many things to do.

What do you guys think?

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Plazmataz

Plazmataz

Purveyor of Prattle

• Members
  • 5,550 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:38 AM

I used to play a lot. I guess you could say I grew out of it, though. A lot of the quests are interesting and well-written, and the art style is pretty good even if the graphics are super low-brow. I found, however, that once you start getting up into the 70s and 80s on your skills, it takes exorbitant amounts of time to level anything up, and since high skill levels are requirements for quests, it means that you stop getting to enjoy the high-level quests if you stop wasting hundreds of hours grinding your skills. Add onto that the fact that all the friends I had made in-game quit playing, and I decided that the game really just wasn't worth my time anymore. I canceled my subscription a few months back after around a year or two of barely playing.

I may go back someday, but I don't think I'd ever go back on my own. Maybe if I had a group of friends that all wanted to start playing with me, I might do it. Runescape, like most multiplayer games, gets much more enjoyable when you're with chums, talking in Vent or Skype (because seriously, the in-game text chat system is ugly and cumbersome). I just wouldn't be able to go back to that kind of tediousness without the knowledge that I had buddies right next to me, also suffering the tediousness.
Posted Image

#3 Hpfan28

Hpfan28

Trekunited Moderator

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 04:55 PM

I agree, it is a lot more fun when your play with other people you know.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users