Hello from FemTrekz

4 replies to this topic

#1 mos6507

mos6507

2nd Year Cadet

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:05 AM

For those of you who don't know about Xtranormal, it's a tool that can be used to make computer-animated videos all within one computer via realtime computer generated characters and voice synthesizers. On the surface, there's not much to offer someone who wants to do Trek fan films, especialy the web version. But with the download version (called State) and the mods that I've created, I think it opens up some very interesting avenues to be creative.

To illustrate, here is a clip that I'm very proud of. I think Trek fans will find it to be a loving homage (mostly the 80s movie era that reflects my generation).

If you'd like to explore this technology further, here are some links:

Xtranormal
Xtranormal-tech

More FemTrekz clips in the playlist:

Posted Image

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 barbreader

barbreader

Captain

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 11:05 AM

Hi. It's an interesting tool. I've responded to your e-mail and posting on the Phase II boards.
Posted Image

#3 mos6507

mos6507

2nd Year Cadet

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 10:27 AM

Redirected to the animation subforum

Edited by mos6507, 20 January 2011 - 01:44 PM.

#4 barbreader

barbreader

Captain

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 12:55 PM

This is an animation, and belongs in that forum.
Posted Image

#5 Kirok

Kirok

Publishing and Media Director, Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:23 AM

This is an animation, and belongs in that forum.

Moved it, corrected your link and renamed this thread since you seem to have put a bit of work into your intro in your other thread. Welcome to TrekUnited, Mos! Good to see someone trying to use their creative tools in new ways.

Barb - remember you talked about how animation could be improved by using audio drama talent? Something like this which has lipsynch could be an example.

K

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users