• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1001 replies to this topic

#1 raptor

raptor

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:12 PM

Let the barrels roll, let the Guinness flow. Step into the world of darts, where Miles Edward O'Brien and Julian Bashir fought/performed their heroic battles with those small but sharp arrows. And taste the flavor/flavour of cider, Newcastle Brown Ale, Shepherd's Pie, Lamb Stew with soda bread, Irish potato cakes and corned beef hash. Listen to the musicians who play their traditional folk songs with their typical instruments (fiddle...). By the way : isn't/ain't that Barbara who joined them ? Go, Bugs, Go music... Anyway, let's toast to this new environment, where even Pink found its place. And for the guys who don't like Irish food, there's always moral officer Tish who will gladly prepare another exotic meal, with or without golf sticks. And Elf will soon smell where the whisk(e)y resides. Oh, and there's the Viper Canadian of the EE series arriving.
We still need some decoration work to be done, but I'm sure our other regular Ten Forward members will help performing this task. Aye...

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 TeaKirk

TeaKirk

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:43 PM

*Walks in*
Posted Image

http://sailortrekkie92.deviantart.com/
Lightspeedpurple's art
Guest Password-Pikachu(It's not my real login password, it's for guest use only)

#3 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 09:30 PM

*Hauls in Pink2 and Robocup while YER unpacks the captains' relics.*

Nice place, raptor. I believe I'll have a pint.

#4 Disconnected Drone

Disconnected Drone

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 09:48 PM

All done with schoolwork for indefinitely.Well. Kind of. I'm all done doing boring student work indefinitely. I'll be teaching classes in a few months, but I imagine that's much more more rewarding than being a student.

Yay teaching!

I hate it when that happens! Per your status post, I like gift bags for those bulky, hard to wrap items.

Like funnel cake mix. Just put it in a bag, people. :P

What happened?

We'll never know. They didn't even tell us they were turning it off. They just did it, our friend called, and they said they would turn it on later that day. And they did.

YAY IRISH BAR!
Unless life gives you water and sugar as well, your lemonade is going to suck.

Love Should Not Divide

#5 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 11:22 PM

*trekkin' steps lightly into the bar, her thick, long, black hair is pulled back loosely into a single ponytail with curled wisps of hair surrounding her face.*

Irish bar aye? What system are we in?

Well...YER...get to cleanin' we don't need to be invitin' the spirits and wee people here.

I'll have a nice cup of tea with milk.

I'm off to search for an avvie!

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#6 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 11:25 PM

Well...YER...get to cleanin' we don't need to be invitin' the spirits and wee people here.

*Puts shirt on backwards.*

#7 trekkin'

trekkin'

• Global Moderators
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 11:29 PM

I'm posting the bigger version of my avvie cuz it is sooo purty...

Posted Image
AND it is called...a triskelion!!

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#8 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 11:35 PM

That is a mightily awesome avatar, I must say.

I have to decide whether to go back to my old one. I do loves me my Skadi...

#9 TeaKirk

TeaKirk

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 12:11 AM

I'm posting the bigger version of my avvie cuz it is sooo purty...

Posted Image
AND it is called...a triskelion!!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted Image

Lightspeedpurple's art
Guest Password-Pikachu(It's not my real login password, it's for guest use only)

#10 Barbara

Barbara

Working My Way Up to Awesome

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 01:24 AM

*Barbara materializes and quickly steps out of the way as the jukebox slams into existence. She carries with her a Irish Dance Manual and a list of 10F drinks. These she passes off to the barmistress to post on the back wall. Grabbing the boys, one on each arm, and bribing them with brownies, cupcakes, and strange sided dice, she persuades them to move the jukebox out of the way to the far corner. A trombone appears out of not so thin air, along with a rather battered pool table, a few pistols from a recent duel, and a barrel of frootloops.*

Hey guys! Hope everyone finds the place. It's a bit chilly in here. How about some Irish stew? And hot chocolate. ..... do we have that on the menu???

Hi Tish!
President, P.U.T. Procrastinators Unite Tomorrow
The bend in the road is not the end of the road unless you fail to make the turn.
Mac Anderson

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved." John 3:16-17

#11 tish

tish

Commander of Starfleet

• Members
  • 2,919 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 01:26 AM

*tish waltzes in carrying huge Irish wall tapestries* I found these on our tours through Las Vegas, thought they would look perfect on these walls. Love what you have created here, raptor. Looking forward to having a pint of Guinness or Pale Ale, however must now lay my head to rest, we have been awake for 20 hours straight, and I am bleary eyed. Won in the slots today, whooo hoooo!

@ EE and Apoco..... The par taaaaahhhhh WAS for accent, and for the sounds of "aaaaaahhhhh" for being at the end of a semester.

If I needed to reply to others, I will tomorrow. I can barely keep eyes open!

I will leave yummies when I can post from PhotoBucket....the hotel wifi is very slow and it's not loading.

Night all.....sweet dreams!
TUCKER: Malcolm? REED: I see it. TUCKER: Good. Means I'm not hallucinating. How can a ship be bigger on the inside than the outside? REED: It could be a hologram. TUCKER: Hand me that hyperspanner. (drops it down the hole - it hits bottom after two seconds) REED: You're not going down there? TUCKER: Got to get my spanner back.

#12 Barbara

Barbara

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 01:38 AM

So, the bar is empty and I'm tired. I just might fall asleep here, however, I have only 1/3rd left of the most awesome 4-part series ever written. I just might crack open the book tonight.

Augh!!!! I don't want it to end!!!!!
The bend in the road is not the end of the road unless you fail to make the turn.
Mac Anderson

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved." John 3:16-17

#13 Disconnected Drone

Disconnected Drone

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 03:55 AM

Man, I'm tired. Long band practice today, finally got all of the songs down for the Christmas Concert next week. Now I have to finish a History timeline. ON A SATURDAY.

Hi raptor! I see yoooooouuu.
Unless life gives you water and sugar as well, your lemonade is going to suck.

Love Should Not Divide

#14 TeaKirk

TeaKirk

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 10:27 AM

*Walks in as Chekov plushie flys in*

Edited by TeaKirk, 18 December 2010 - 10:28 AM.

Posted Image

Lightspeedpurple's art

#15 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 10:58 AM

So, the bar is empty and I'm tired. I just might fall asleep here, however, I have only 1/3rd left of the most awesome 4-part series ever written. I just might crack open the book tonight.

Augh!!!! I don't want it to end!!!!!

There's still "The Well of Echoes." And "The Song of the Tears."

Actually, I've been meaning to mention something about that. Although I'm sure you'll enjoy "The Well of Echoes" if/when you try it, you should prepare yourself for a very different experience from "The View from the Mirror." One of the things I like about Ian Irvine is how each of his series has a very different feel from the others (something very few authors can do), but it can be a little jarring at first. "The View from the Mirror" was sort of like Lord of the Rings in the style of its story-telling, but "The Well of Echoes" is more like BSG: a dark, gritty war story.

It's probably the weakest of the Three Worlds quartets/trilogies, but that still makes it vastly better than most books out there, and it is where he introduces his best characters. Much as I loved Karan, Llian, and Maigraith, they can't hold a candle to the sheer awesomeness of Nish, Irisis, Xervish, and Ulii.

#16 TeaKirk

TeaKirk

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 11:23 AM

Actually, I've been meaning to mention something about that. Although I'm sure you'll enjoy "The Well of Echoes" if/when you try it, you should prepare yourself for a very different experience from "The View from the Mirror." One of the things I like about Ian Irvine is how each of his series has a very different feel from the others (something very few authors can do), but it can be a little jarring at first. "The View from the Mirror" was sort of like Lord of the Rings in the style of its story-telling, but "The Well of Echoes" is more like BSG: a dark, gritty war story.

It's probably the weakest of the Three Worlds quartets/trilogies, but that still makes it vastly better than most books out there, and it is where he introduces his best characters. Much as I loved Karan, Llian, and Maigraith, they can't hold a candle to the sheer awesomeness of Nish, Irisis, Xervish, and Ulii.

*Waves* :upsidedown:
Posted Image

Lightspeedpurple's art

#17 Barbara

Barbara

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 02:41 PM

I'm looking forward to something different. I'm glad TWOE is not the same as the VFTM. Same goes for musicians - bands that sound exactly the same record after record become boring (can you say "Boston" and "Foreigner").

Very quiet here today. Is everyone shopping? or sleeping? Hellooooooooo!
Mac Anderson

#18 trekkin'

trekkin'

• Global Moderators
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 02:54 PM

Hey der my dear friends...

My eldest woke me up saying that he threw up on his bed and rug at 5:30 am...He has a lovely throw up bug that I either hope we all do NOT get or at least get soon...before Christmas.

I have to go shopping tonight...wish me luck!!

#19 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 04:56 PM

I'm looking forward to something different. I'm glad TWOE is not the same as the VFTM. Same goes for musicians - bands that sound exactly the same record after record become boring (can you say "Boston" and "Foreigner").

*Nods.*

Very quiet here today. Is everyone shopping? or sleeping? Hellooooooooo!

Can't speak for anyone else, but I downloaded the free trial of the new WoW expansion, so I've been running around Gilneas as a werewolf.

#20 Barbara

Barbara

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 06:16 PM

Glad you only think you're a w/wolf. Creepy creatures.

Hey der my dear friends...

My eldest woke me up saying that he threw up on his bed and rug at 5:30 am...He has a lovely throw up bug that I either hope we all do NOT get or at least get soon...before Christmas.

I have to go shopping tonight...wish me luck!!

Throw up bug, yucky.

Luck - for shopping. I is done, cuz I has no money. Just about everyone's getting those cool soup bowls from Wallyworld. Yay for no money!!! Oh, Trekkin - Garrett Wang posted a note on my FB. He's very cool. :)
Mac Anderson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users