• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tom

Tom

TrekUnited Owner & Co-Founder

• Managment
  • 4,834 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 06:57 PM

Do to the large size of the database, it has been decided to prune the posts from the database. What that means is the all posts from 2005 and 2006 will be deleted, this will bring the forum database down to a managable size. As most know, we do strive to keep as much of the history of TU as we can and I have come up with solution so we don't lose any of our past.

I have created a read-only version of the Trekunited forum that anyone can visit. You can see all the posts from when I first built the forum in February of 2005 to March of 2010. This forum will be read-only, there are no options to post anything, it is meant as a reference only. There will be links placed on the this forum to get there. Here is the TU Archive forum:

http://www.trekunited.com/tuarchive

..and while I was at it, I brought back the Save Enterprise Read-Only Forum and fixed it up a bit. It contains all the Saveenterprise.com posts from March 2004 to September 2006. Again this forum is also read-only, nothing can be posted there.

http://www.trekunited.com/searchive

So, we can now keep this current Tu forum at a manageble size level without losing any of it's past. Pruning will begin this week, afterwards the forum will be brought to the current software level 3.1.4. In January work on a new main TU website will start. More on that later...

TrekUnited - Owner & Co-Founder

Associate Producer of Star Trek: Renegades, Coming soon!!

GalacticaBBS.com - Owner

"To boldly do what no one has done before..."

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

TU Forum Manager - Resident killjoy

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,625 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 11:08 PM

A clever solution to a problem that has been giving you migraines for a few years now Tom :thumbsup:
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#3 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,072 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 06:58 AM

Agreed!

I checked out the archive last night. Excellent solution to keep all happy.

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#4 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,716 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:12 AM

Yay!! Great idea, Tom.

Hi!! We miss you! :wave:

Also..."Old Winkie Guy" isn't roaming around in the archives is he??
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#5 Tom

Tom

TrekUnited Owner & Co-Founder

• Managment
  • 4,834 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 10:25 AM

Thanks guys.

Pruning has already begun, i have to go section to section, how fun LOL

TrekUnited - Owner & Co-Founder

Associate Producer of Star Trek: Renegades, Coming soon!!

GalacticaBBS.com - Owner

"To boldly do what no one has done before..."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users