Photo

What is your favourite Scifi Book?

7 replies to this topic

#1 LovingMemoryToSpace

LovingMemoryToSpace

Ensign

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, ABBA, U2, everything and everyone about/from those, much of music and movies =D

Posted 09 December 2010 - 10:27 AM

So what is your favourite Scifi book? Just asking because I would read with pleasure some good scifi book ;)

#2 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,631 posts
  • Location:Galaxy-alpha quadrant-sector 001-Earth-Russian Federation.

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:02 PM

Me like read book "Half-life:Risibg bar". In this book creater game talk about world "Half-life",why combine attack Earth,and why xen has been capture they. Too read book "Star trek:Murder on Vulcan".

Edited by Martok, 11 February 2011 - 12:14 PM.

#3 Locky Log

Locky Log

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Scifi, history, politics, acting, philosophy, bicycling and last but not least BBQ

Posted 16 February 2011 - 05:49 PM

So what is your favourite Scifi book? Just asking because I would read with pleasure some good scifi book ;)

has to be Dune ... if possible the first three books (Dune, Dune Messiah, Children of Dune) since they are to be seen as a unit.

#4 Captain Taurus

Captain Taurus

Warrant Officer 2nd Class

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:Love Star Trek, Star Wars, BSG and lots of other sci fi stuff.
    Also love action movies
    Currently studying English and History
    I love to go out to sports games, bar hop and have fun doing anything.
    I also love to write.

Posted 18 March 2011 - 11:48 AM

2001, 2010, 2061 and 3001 by Arthur C. ClarkePosted Image
Posted Image

#5 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts
  • Interests:Nintendo Games, Sci-Fi, Star Trek, Stargate, Lost, Doctor Who, Stephen King books, Michael Crichton books

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:27 AM

Sphere, by Michael Crichton. I read it three times. (The book is better than the movie, by the way. Way better.)
[url="[url][url]http://www.tnt.tv/series/leverage/"][/url][/url][img][url][url]http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff279/kylenin/Leverage.jpg[/url][/url][/img][/url]
Leverage -- Season 5 on DVD Coming September 17th

"The numbers are bad! The numbers are bad!" -- Hugo "Hurley" Reyes, Lost - Season 1
"Boone's death was a sacrifice that the island demanded." -- John Locke, Lost - Season 2
"When was it you lost your imagination, son?" -- Dr. Walter Bishop, Fringe - Season 1

#6 Commander Lazar

Commander Lazar

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,237 posts
  • Interests:Star trek TNG, TOS, VOY, ENT, TAS, all Star wars movies, Eureka, Battlestar Galactica, Lord of The Rings, writing, Caprica, Family guy, Futurama, The Simpsons, American Dad, Star trek comic books and books, comic books and music.

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:50 PM

Star trek Nemesis or Blade Runner. I have not read Blade Runner but i know there is a book and the movie is good.

#7 Trek Realist

Trek Realist

Amicus Hostis and Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 7,706 posts
  • Interests:Almost Everything

Posted 06 May 2011 - 11:39 AM

It is kind of hard to pick just one. If I were recommending specifically in the Science Fiction genre I guess I would have to pick Larry Niven's Ringworld and Ringworld Engineers. Also, I would suggest John Varley's trilogy Titan, Wizard, and Demon. Now, if you are feeling brave, or just brave-ish, There are also varying degrees of Robert Heinlein you could tackle. Stranger in a Strange Land is one of his more accessible novels for an adult audience, and Starship Troopers is good as long as you don't expect it to even remotely resemble the Paul Verhouven movie. But, if you are a bit skittish about Heinlein, but still want to give it a try, he wrote some really good stuff that was aimed at a more youthful audience. Star Beast or Starman Jones are entertaining little romps for the Heinlein neophyte.
Atheism is not a religion. It is a personal relationship with reality.

Quis custodiet ipso custodes

My Blog

#8 Commander Lazar

Commander Lazar

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,237 posts
  • Interests:Star trek TNG, TOS, VOY, ENT, TAS, all Star wars movies, Eureka, Battlestar Galactica, Lord of The Rings, writing, Caprica, Family guy, Futurama, The Simpsons, American Dad, Star trek comic books and books, comic books and music.

Posted 08 May 2011 - 12:50 PM

I started reading Blade Runner. This one is not like the movie. And i love it!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users