432 replies to this topic

#321 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 06:27 AM

Yup I had one of those nights too :P

Except in your case it was probably self inflicted and in her case it was probably sinus related. :P

-Doctor-

"The universe is big, its vast, and complicated, and ridiculous and sometimes - very rarely - impossible things just happen and we call them miracles."

"Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold."

Posted Image

#322 Russell Crowe

Russell Crowe

• Members
  • 45,874 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 04:30 PM

i have to point out that my sinuses have actually been killing me for three days :P and also I was totally coerced into drinking copious quantities of fruity girl drinks on account of it was my friend's birthday. :nod:
Have you reckon'd a thousand acres much? have you reckon'd the
earth much? Have you practis'd so long to learn to read?
Have you felt so proud to get at the meaning of poems?
Stop this day and night with me and you shall possess the origin of
all poems...

#323 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

TU Forum Manager - Resident killjoy

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,622 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 05:53 PM

i have to point out that my sinuses have actually been killing me for three days :P and also I was totally coerced into drinking copious quantities of fruity girl drinks on account of it was my friend's birthday. :nod:

Let's be honest, you really didn't need coercion to drink the fruity girl drinks did you? :whistle: :P

I advise Advil or equivalent. It works for me when the pollen hits full stride.
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#324 mlaz

mlaz

blisfully clueless

• Members
  • 10,337 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:33 AM

The room is spinning.

yay :23: :23: :23: for free carnaval rides..
"Tell me and I'll forget, Show me and I might remember, Involve me and I'll understand"
Posted Image . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Posted Image
"I believe in humanity. We are an incredible species. We're still just a child creature, we're still being nasty to each other, all children go through those phases. We're growing up, we're moving into adolescence now. When we grow up,man,we're going to be something!"Gene Roddenberry 9/4/85

#325 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,622 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 05:18 PM

Speaking of my allergies hitting full stride...>_< Thank the deity of your choice for ibuprofen!
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#326 Chivewarrior

Chivewarrior

Maker of Countdown Parts 162 and 238

• Members
  • 6,479 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:34 PM

Really? No Countdown entries in a full month? For shame!
Proud to be Paalu. Makers of fine magical weapons since 1694.

Save the bunnies! The Cute Ones!
(\_/)
(0.0)
(><)

Proud to be a member of Captain Hair's loyal following.

#327 Canadian Mind

Canadian Mind

What you wanna know?

• Members
  • 5,404 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 11:47 AM

hi!
Posted Image
Vancouver...While I may not live there anymore, this is the city I still call home.

#328 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,713 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 11:57 AM

Hey CM....

I never post in the Countdown, but I saw your name there...

Sadly, the Countdown has been silent...as of late...most of the Countdowners have taken leave.

Ten Forward is still eeking along, but it has been waning as well....Come over there and play for a bit.

Posted Image
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#329 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,622 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 07:05 AM

Yeah Mark and Poko have kinda wandered off a bit...SLACKERS! :P
Posted Image

FORUM RULES

#330 Chivewarrior

Chivewarrior

• Members
  • 6,479 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:42 PM

It's so sad, so many of us are gone...

(\_/)
(0.0)
(><)

#331 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,622 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 10:11 AM

Tis quite sad. The Kool Aid fountain is becoming crusty and gross. Ten Forward is quite fun though, and many of the Counterists have been known to hang there.
Posted Image

FORUM RULES

#332 Chivewarrior

Chivewarrior

• Members
  • 6,479 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 02:38 PM

Ah, so we've become obsolete and got taken over by others?

(\_/)
(0.0)
(><)

#333 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,622 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 05:26 PM

Not obsolete so much as some were slower/less willing to adapt than others. As it says in Bill's sig; Life is a series of adaptations. That being the case you have three choices: Go with the flow, move out of the way or get mushed. Some chose to move out of the way, others went with the flow, a couple as you well know got mushed after tirades in open forum. I can tell you from experience the new owners are completely nice and very receptive to member comments and suggestions. But they also allow us to run the board OUR way so as not to alienate people. But some just did anyhow. Sad but true.
Posted Image

FORUM RULES

#334 Sevens

Sevens

Ambassador of Awesome

• Members
  • 12,173 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:57 PM

Aw, it makes me all teary-eyed that The Countdown still exists :bowdown:

Proud member of the Men's Auxiliary of S.A.N.I.T.Y.

#335 Commander Lazar

Commander Lazar

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:39 AM

Hi guys! I'm new here. So what should i do here?

#336 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,622 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 06:52 AM

BAZINGA! Just thought I'd throw that out there... :P
Posted Image

FORUM RULES

#337 mlaz

mlaz

blisfully clueless

• Members
  • 10,337 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:05 AM

Ah, so we've become obsolete and got taken over by others?

Chive... wow, long time no see, how is live these day's?

Aw, it makes me all teary-eyed that The Countdown still exists :bowdown:

No music? no lyrics? . .
Its nice to see your still on this globe too.

BAZINGA! Just thought I'd throw that out there... :P

:thumbup:

hi!

hi to you too
"Tell me and I'll forget, Show me and I might remember, Involve me and I'll understand"
Posted Image . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Posted Image
"I believe in humanity. We are an incredible species. We're still just a child creature, we're still being nasty to each other, all children go through those phases. We're growing up, we're moving into adolescence now. When we grow up,man,we're going to be something!"Gene Roddenberry 9/4/85

#338 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,622 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:25 AM

Nearly forgot...

Hi guys! I'm new here. So what should i do here?

Explaination of the Countdown for virgin Counterists.
Posted Image

FORUM RULES

#339 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,622 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:32 AM

No music? no lyrics? . .
Its nice to see your still on this globe too.

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

You Are Successful

Posted Image

You are both practical and courageous. You are willing to act boldly when it really matters.
You are creative and good with your hands. You are naturally an artist.

You are totally logical. You don't let emotions sway you - you look at the facts.
You've found it easy to succeed in the business world. There is a logic to making money that you understand.

The Popsicle Test

Blogthings: If Quizzes Are Outlawed, Only Outlaws Will Take Quizzes
Posted Image

FORUM RULES

#340 mlaz

mlaz

blisfully clueless

• Members
  • 10,337 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:47 PM

wrong artists.. thats not brooks...

From the hills of Kaycee, Wyoming
Where life's wooly and wild
There's a Air Force brat in a cowboy hat
And that Copenhagen smile
And from buckin' broncs to honky tonks
He always sang a cowboy's song
We were much too young, havin' too much fun
As we all sang along

We sang Life's a Highway
There's only one way you're gonna get through it
When she starts to twist be more like Chris
Pull your hat down tight
And just LeDoux it!
When that whistle blows
And that crowd explodes
And them pickup men are at your side
They tell you good ride cowboy, good ride

From gold buckles to gold records
Once again he was spinnin' 'round
Took the whole world on
And he turned us on to that Western Underground
And from Bareback Jack to This Cowboy's Hat
The songs were stronger than his pain
He would not slow down from town to town
Like children running thru the rain

We sang Life's a Highway
Pull your hat down tight
And just LeDoux it!
When that whistle blows
And that crowd explodes

We sang Life's a Highway
Pull your hat down tight
And just LeDoux it!
When that whistle blows
And that crowd explodes

When we cross that river Jordan,
With St Peter on the other side
Singin' Good Ride Cowboy, Good Ride!
Say Good Ride Cowboy, Good Ride!

And how funny to see with the stats that this part of the forum still is Led by Sevens..
So he still can delete the whole thing by pushing the .... wrong thingie.

Edited by mlaz, 11 July 2011 - 02:48 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users