NX-01.5

6 replies to this topic

#1 Kirok

Kirok

Publishing and Media Director, Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 07:09 AM

I haven't seen this mentioned on this forum so maybe this will be an early Christmas present? How would you like to see how Doug Drexler visualised that the NX-01 would have been "refitted" for Enterprise Season 5? Hint: it's the missing link with the NCC 1701! Watch through to the end of the video drex-TV 01 as well for an animated look at it.

K

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,051 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 08:54 AM

Very cool picture and concept.:thumbsup:

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#3 John Doe

John Doe

Commodore

• Members
  • 702 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 09:31 PM

Very nice. Thank you for the links, Kirok.

Without trying to sound egotistical... (...) I have my own ideas and aspirations which were countlessly shot down in the past. I've no interest in being in that position again.

#4 Kirok

Kirok

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 01:27 AM

James Gemperline has released his version of the NX-01 to 1/1900 and the much-anticipated NX refit. HERE

Posted Image

You can get it as a plastic model already... HERE

I love this concept!

K

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

#5 Pennjazz

Pennjazz

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 04:51 AM

Nice model...Although I can't see that being a fesible add-on for a "season 5" of Enterprise.

Considering how long it took to build Columbia, it would take at least a year to refit the ship due to moving
the warp core and moving parts of the frame and power concerns...and with the problems with the Romulans getting worse,
I can't see Earth letting one of their most powerful ships just sitting there not doing anything.

I could see this happening after the war was over and the Federation had been chartered. Upgraded with a secondary
hull with a Warp 6 or 6.5 engine...yeah, I could see it then. And with the cost, then not many more being built. With
Dadeleus being more cost effective and faster to produce, these NX-Refits would serve for a couple decades before
being retired...

#6 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,631 posts
  • Location:Galaxy-alpha quadrant-sector 001-Earth-Russian Federation.

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:50 AM

On picture starship "Enterprise" NX-01.5 with defflector dish as on "constitution" class. If talk true-me like this concept art in form plastic model.I do not know about speed this ship,but think what speed will be warp 6.2 or 6.12.
Too i mean,what on this ship modern system weapons and shields.Computer core have big power,than core on NX-01.

Posted Image

Want,what this ship show in new series "Star Trek" if next series will be release.

#7 Kirok

Kirok

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 01:49 AM

Nice model...Although I can't see that being a fesible add-on for a "season 5" of Enterprise.

Considering how long it took to build Columbia, it would take at least a year to refit the ship due to moving
the warp core and moving parts of the frame and power concerns...and with the problems with the Romulans getting worse,
I can't see Earth letting one of their most powerful ships just sitting there not doing anything.

I could see this happening after the war was over and the Federation had been chartered. Upgraded with a secondary
hull with a Warp 6 or 6.5 engine...yeah, I could see it then. And with the cost, then not many more being built. With
Dadeleus being more cost effective and faster to produce, these NX-Refits would serve for a couple decades before
being retired...

Hmmmm... unless...

Like the NCC 1701-A it might have been under construction whilst the previous Enterprise was in commission and it was only named NX-01-A "Enterprise" after the original NX-01 had been sacrificed in battle against the Romulans!

...or...

This might be an experimental craft using a new variant on the Daedelus engineering hull but NOT the globular Daedalus command section, resresenting the missing link between the Daedalus and the Constitution class. All we need is some intrepid fan fiction writer to work out why starship design moved away from the spherical command module and back to the NX-01 style sucer!

K

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users