Photo

What Do You Think About Death Of Trip Tucker?

39 replies to this topic

Poll: What Do You Think About Death Of Trip Tucker? (20 member(s) have cast votes)

Was Trip's death necessary

1. The Story needed his death (1 votes [5.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

2. His death wasnt necessary (19 votes [95.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 95.00%

Did he suicide?

1. Yes, yes he did suicide (2 votes [10.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

2. No, he had a death of a hero by saving his best friends and captains life (18 votes [90.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 90.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 marika valeris

marika valeris

Deputy Director

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 02:04 PM

i haver only some words to say:

IN THE PLACE OF TRIP SHOULD DIE THE PERSON WHO MADE THE SCRIPT FOR THAT EPISODE! :thumbsdown: :wallbash: :buttrock: :ranting: :sadnod: :worthy: :jumpon: :vulcan: :stupid: :boxing: :blowup: :devil2: :devil2: :angry: :bash: :fist: :tpol: :trip:

and are no more emoticons to say this!
TRIP IS NOT DEAD!!!!!I DONT LIKE YOU JJ.ABRAMS!

Posted Image

#22 tish

tish

Commander of Starfleet

• Members
  • 2,918 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:14 AM

That would take loyalty, courage, and willingness to sacrifice for friends.....I do not think the persons responsible for airing that ep have such integrity!

Demons/Terra Prime, the true season ending for season 4. I am still waiting for season 5 on television, until then, I am so thankful to Pauline and Allee and Thomas for Enterprise S5 videos on YouTube! Thanks y'all! :buttrock:
TUCKER: Malcolm? REED: I see it. TUCKER: Good. Means I'm not hallucinating. How can a ship be bigger on the inside than the outside? REED: It could be a hologram. TUCKER: Hand me that hyperspanner. (drops it down the hole - it hits bottom after two seconds) REED: You're not going down there? TUCKER: Got to get my spanner back.

#23 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 03:24 PM

Geez, guys, I'm not sure it's necessary to call for the death or question the integrity of the writers just because they wrote an episode you didn't like. People make mistakes. You never had a bad day at your job?

#24 MicioGatta

MicioGatta

Commodore

• Members
  • 554 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 03:31 PM

You're right, but the "These Are The Voyages"'s day was a hell of a bad day!

But that is, Trip is just not dead.

1) Do you notice how foolish, at the end, was his death?
2) Do you notice how Trip winked to Archer?
3) Do you notice how Phlox gave a strange look to Archer?
4) Do you notice how his friends were all relaxed?

Most of all, the wink of his eye was, to me, the most important evidence. ;)

Edited by MicioGatta, 15 December 2010 - 02:52 AM.

We've all done the scarecrow! (Q -Star Trek - Voyager "Deathwish")

My 5th Virtual Season of Enterprise, or how I saved Trip Tucker!

Against Patulous Eustachian Tube

#25 tish

tish

Commander of Starfleet

• Members
  • 2,918 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 05:24 PM

I questioned the integrity not of the story, but of the reasons for it. A 'Valentine to the Fans' is a great idea, however, my own perception is that the writers were disgruntled, and this was a way to release frustrations on the decisions of TPTB. It backfired, because for a while, as the writers were venting, they forgot the real reason for writing, the fans, and those fans were the ones who were most disappointed and hurt by what was written. What a lapse in judgement, and yes, I do have an off impression of the true heart of the writers in that moment in time. Fans of Enterprise were NOT being considered.
TUCKER: Malcolm? REED: I see it. TUCKER: Good. Means I'm not hallucinating. How can a ship be bigger on the inside than the outside? REED: It could be a hologram. TUCKER: Hand me that hyperspanner. (drops it down the hole - it hits bottom after two seconds) REED: You're not going down there? TUCKER: Got to get my spanner back.

#26 MicioGatta

MicioGatta

Commodore

• Members
  • 554 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 10:37 AM

What's that with the Valentine Day? Trip's death.... destruction of Yosemite 3 research station (and of the Xindi superweapon too).... and if I remember right, the Earth was destroyed on 14th February in the alternate timeline of "Twilight".... I think there's something else.

PS. I've noticed in fact that Trip's friends were all relaxed except T'Pol. Is she the only one who doesn't know he's alive? Did he fake his own death to run away from her? ;D Or, he fakes his death to run away *with* her and she is upset because after Archer's speech they (Trip & T'Pol) are gong to do a romantic run! ;D

Edited by MicioGatta, 15 December 2010 - 02:55 AM.

#27 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 03:05 PM

I questioned the integrity not of the story, but of the reasons for it. A 'Valentine to the Fans' is a great idea, however, my own perception is that the writers were disgruntled, and this was a way to release frustrations on the decisions of TPTB. It backfired, because for a while, as the writers were venting, they forgot the real reason for writing, the fans, and those fans were the ones who were most disappointed and hurt by what was written. What a lapse in judgement, and yes, I do have an off impression of the true heart of the writers in that moment in time. Fans of Enterprise were NOT being considered.

I suppose that is remotely possible, but if so, they would have to have done it subconsciously and completely unintentionally, so it's not fair to question their integrity over it. No matter how you look it, they meant to do right by the fans, and they screwed up, but to err is human.

#28 Chief Cottingham

Chief Cottingham

Ensign

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 08:57 PM

I hated the episode where he died.

#29 Pennjazz

Pennjazz

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 04:11 AM

I just go with the idea that TATV doesn't exist...

Many fanfiction just ignores it, as well as a piece I am working on now...I don't consider it as canon.

#30 The flyer

The flyer

2nd Year Cadet

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 07:23 PM

This was I believe the stupidest thing ever written in the siries. If the show was going to have to end fine. But don't kill off one of the story's more interesting characters. Further mor if by some miracle the show is brought back or the story is continued through another media such as books or graphic noveles, that ABOMINATION of an episode "These are the voyages" should be treated as if it was just a bad dream, and never happened that one episode ruined everything that Enterprise was and still is about!!!!!!!!!

I like the optimism, it's an interesting idea of how the story could have continued but would not have made sense with the two future characters talking about how he never made it back from this mission. No it's just best to ignore the existence of that episode and to carry on with the stoy as if "these are the voyages" never happened.

#31 24thcenstfan

24thcenstfan

2nd Year Cadet

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 09:07 PM

I think the story was poorly executed and Trip's death was rushed and unnecessary. I did not feel the situation was dire enough to warrant his ultimate fate.
KEEP ON TREKKIN'
A Friendly Sci-Fi Community!

#32 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,631 posts
  • Location:Galaxy-alpha quadrant-sector 001-Earth-Russian Federation.

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:04 AM

I think,what he's dead was necessary,because if he do not inject two cable,evil aliens kill captain Archer,he safe life captain and all crew "Enterprise".He's dead is heroic.

Edited by Martok, 07 October 2011 - 05:06 AM.

#33 Spocks Beard

Spocks Beard

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 07:02 PM

If you go back a watch that episode again, Trip never died on screen. He went into shock and they quickly put him in some kind of chamber. That's the last you see of him, it's only implied that he died.

#34 Robert Brennan

Robert Brennan

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 07:08 PM

Trip's death was plugged into the last episode like a last minute script change. This is why they didn't have any adequate emotional crew response scene/s. It may have been an Idea from a future script they could not make and forced into this one as a reshuffled denouement. I think the producers hoped the shock of such a quick and apparently unnecessary though heroic death would suffice to close the T'Pol Trip story arc.

#35 Robert Brennan

Robert Brennan

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 07:14 PM

Can anyone name the TOS episode where Spock is described as the first Vulcan and Human mix breed? I don't recall that and if that is true then it would explain why they killed off Trip if not then there was no good reason.

Edited by Robert Brennan, 02 December 2011 - 07:15 PM.

#36 TCyredanea

TCyredanea

Ensign

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:39 AM

Hello everyone,
Well I totally agree when people say Trip's death was totally unncessary! He went through far worse situations and survived, and in this episode...
Well, like someone said before, there is "The Good that Men do", which is an excellent book. Perhaps they should do a movie or something portraying the events in it. It would be great.
(Sorry, I'm Cy, I'm new here, and I really hated his death, because he was my favorite character - besides Archer. I apologize for any mistakes as English is not my first language.)
:)

"Science fiction is the most important literature in the history of the world, because it's the history of ideas, the history of our civilization birthing itself. ... (Ray Bradbury)"

#37 DresdedCain

DresdedCain

Crewman

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:09 AM

I was not please to learn of his demise and refuse to accept it.

#38 Agasorian

Agasorian

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:44 PM

Much have been said already, but I have to say it too. The last show felt wrong. Like the writing was "off" in some way... Trip dying made no sense at all. He could have tried other solutions. Similar situations have been handled before...

BUT: In the documentary interviews from the show-closing party, there is a tone of bitternes in the voices of Brennon and Braga. They even say that the show was cut short (probably because all the money went into that horrible movie 11), and with that in mind one could imagine that they wanted to say as much as possible towards the end. Not the best move maybe.

I think many would have been happy seeing Trip and T´pol walking off into the sunset... I would have loved THAT ending...
May Agasoria embrace you into his cycle of renewal...

#39 MicioGatta

MicioGatta

Commodore

• Members
  • 554 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:08 PM

Well, like someone said before, there is "The Good that Men do", which is an excellent book. Perhaps they should do a movie or something portraying the events in it. It would be great.

I agree with you. I read all Enterprise's books. "The Good That Men Do", "Kobayashi Maru", and the two "Romulan War" are a good end for Enterprise, really better than "These Are the Voyages". I like them even if they leave a lot unsaid.

#40 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,631 posts
  • Location:Galaxy-alpha quadrant-sector 001-Earth-Russian Federation.

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:56 AM

I guess that this is most tragic moment from scene's in the "Star Trek:Enterprise".

How i repeated in this theme that if he not die,captain will be killed.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users