Photo

What Do You Think About Death Of Trip Tucker?

39 replies to this topic

Poll: What Do You Think About Death Of Trip Tucker? (20 member(s) have cast votes)

Was Trip's death necessary

1. The Story needed his death (1 votes [5.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

2. His death wasnt necessary (19 votes [95.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 95.00%

Did he suicide?

1. Yes, yes he did suicide (2 votes [10.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

2. No, he had a death of a hero by saving his best friends and captains life (18 votes [90.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 90.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 LovingMemoryToSpace

LovingMemoryToSpace

Ensign

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 01:47 PM

This is pretty bad poll but I just needed to speak about this and know what others think. :lol:
For me Trip's death wasnt necessary and he could live happily but still if we think about the way of his death I think that he had real hero's death. :sadnod: Then there was still one topic what I didnt know how to ask in poll but I think that friends of Trip didnt have any thoughts or at least much when he died for him. Expecially T'Pol and Archer they didnt almost even talk about Trip anymore after his death but others too. They went trough so much together! T'Pol is vulcan and she dont have feelings but still she and Trip were a couple, lovers and friends too! Acrher dont even have a reason! Trip was his best friend and he did only think his speech! Usually humans in Star Trek do show their feelings...second last thing like this what I have saw was Captain Kirk's seech in Star TrekII in Spock "funerals" and he did try to hide his feelings but we can still see those right? So why didnt Archer show his feelings? I were wondering kept they even funerals for Trip? Sorry if this topic has allready created. But anyways I made yesterday one pic and for advice of Frenchman :bowdown: I know now how to upload it :clap:

Posted Image

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 MicioGatta

MicioGatta

Commodore

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 04:41 PM

I think that Riker was on acid.

I don't think the story went that way. Infact it was an hologram program, it could be totally wrong. I think Trip is not dead, he's just changed universe!

In "The Good That Men Do", a beautiful Enterprise book, Jake Sisko & Nog find out what happened for real. :-)

And I have my own version.......
We've all done the scarecrow! (Q -Star Trek - Voyager "Deathwish")

My 5th Virtual Season of Enterprise, or how I saved Trip Tucker!

Against Patulous Eustachian Tube

#3 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:49 PM

I absolutely hated that episode. I think the whole thing was a bunch of hogwash. Trip's death was lame. He had gotten out of much worse scenarios before. I mean, here is the same guy who rode a wire between 2 ships at lightspeed....and he can't figure out any other thing to do but electrocute himself and some bozos?? Really lame. It served no purpose but to kill off a character. It is not as if he had quit the show and they needed to explain his absence. Crappy soap operas kill people off better than that. So dumb. So senseless. I think they did it just to piss off the fandom...cuz they were bitter little phloxtards by the time this show was executed by Paramount. If you think I'm mad, now....you shoulda been here 5 years ago!!
:upsidedown:
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#4 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 02:16 PM

I think it was a good idea poorly executed.

I think the point they were trying to communicate was not that Trip gave his life for Archer, but that he gave his life for the Federation. No Archer = no Federation. They failed to make that clear, but if they had managed it, I think it would have been a wonderful cap to the series.

The other problem with his death was the way in which he died, but that's more of a problem with "TATV" as a whole. I really think it could have been a brilliant episode if they had just expanded it by an hour and given it some proper villains (Romulans, maybe). Trip blowing himself up to stop some random goons was pretty lame, but Trip sealing himself in engineering to make a vital repair whilst several Romulan ships battled it out with Enterprise to stop the Federation's founding (for example) and dying in the process would have been spectacular.

They had the right idea. They just botched it terribly.

#5 LovingMemoryToSpace

LovingMemoryToSpace

Ensign

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 06:34 PM

I think that Riker was on acid.

I don't think the story went that way. Infact it was an hologram program, it could be totally wrong. I think Trip is not dead, he's just changed universe!

In "The Good That Men Do", a beautiful Enterprise book, Jake Sisko & Nog find out what happened for real. :-)

And I have my own version.......

That is great way to think. :D + It really can be so. :D It would be very nice to think that Trip isnt dead really, he is just somewhere else :)In Star Wars it was little like that they were almost everybody jedies and when they died, they didnt really never die they came just part of the force ^_^

Well may I ask what is your own version? :)

#6 LovingMemoryToSpace

LovingMemoryToSpace

Ensign

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 06:41 PM

I absolutely hated that episode. I think the whole thing was a bunch of hogwash. Trip's death was lame. He had gotten out of much worse scenarios before. I mean, here is the same guy who rode a wire between 2 ships at lightspeed....and he can't figure out any other thing to do but electrocute himself and some bozos?? Really lame. It served no purpose but to kill off a character. It is not as if he had quit the show and they needed to explain his absence. Crappy soap operas kill people off better than that. So dumb. So senseless. I think they did it just to piss off the fandom...cuz they were bitter little phloxtards by the time this show was executed by Paramount. If you think I'm mad, now....you shoulda been here 5 years ago!!
:upsidedown:

I liked the episode though I dont know why :lol: But Trip's Death was horrible -_- ...just because of those things what you said. -_- Trip had gone through with better ideas so many times before so why not now? :o Maybe it was good to the story that he died but they could fixure out something else than this! <_< I agree though I dont want to but anyways, Im agree even soap operas kill people off better than Trip's thing :err: Hehe...what happened then if I may ask? :D

#7 LovingMemoryToSpace

LovingMemoryToSpace

Ensign

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 06:49 PM

I think it was a good idea poorly executed.

I think the point they were trying to communicate was not that Trip gave his life for Archer, but that he gave his life for the Federation. No Archer = no Federation. They failed to make that clear, but if they had managed it, I think it would have been a wonderful cap to the series.

The other problem with his death was the way in which he died, but that's more of a problem with "TATV" as a whole. I really think it could have been a brilliant episode if they had just expanded it by an hour and given it some proper villains (Romulans, maybe). Trip blowing himself up to stop some random goons was pretty lame, but Trip sealing himself in engineering to make a vital repair whilst several Romulan ships battled it out with Enterprise to stop the Federation's founding (for example) and dying in the process would have been spectacular.

They had the right idea. They just botched it terribly.

Agree...maybe it was better...but I still something better <_<

Or then Trip could give his life for both...but still this way of his death could be something else...I think it would be better if they would do with this your idea his death :nod: It was last Star Trek episode for little time so it would be great if they would really give some proper to it like you said :) I loved this your way for Trip to die. :nod: In fact it is my favourite way to die anywhere in movies :lol:

So agree with you ;)

#8 paulinem

paulinem

Connortator Extraordinaire...

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 06:54 PM

Okay, so I was mulling over something that MicioGatta said in the cute thread. And that was that the other main characters were out of character after Trip died, as if they didn't really care about his passing. So it got me thinking, that maybe this was an Alternative Universe, where human's have gone the way of the Vulcans in hiding their emotions, which if this was the case, then our Trip still lives... I can live with that! Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Persistence, Patience and Perseverance Pays Off!

(practice makes perfect)

#9 maneth

maneth

GBBS Moderator

• Members
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 02:21 AM

Good idea poorly executed...

Posted Image
Live long and prosper

#10 tish

tish

Commander of Starfleet

• Members
  • 2,916 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 03:25 AM

:nono: :thumbsdown: :wallbash: :censored: :jumpon: :boxing: :blowup: :bash: :nonono:

Oh, wait, you want a VERBAL (okay, okay,) a TEXT response......hummmmm.

I did not like:

No change in rank for this world and galaxy saving crew...I mean, really.

Trip and T'Pol relationship should be ongoing and active, in a professional way on duty, and private when not....Hell, we have DADT now, so surely by then, there will be the ability to be married on the same post. Plus, that bond is rather strong, from what I gather, so what's with that? Geesh, get over being afraid of love in Star Trek....there are actually real lives and loves that CAN live happily ever after, why not them?

I love Riker and Troi, in TNG, NOT in the Enterprise Valentine to the Fans.....therefore, I call for Demons/Terra Prime being the true finale, and we leave with Trip and T'Pol having a meaningful, hopeful moment at then end.

Trip's unthoughtful, truly unnecessary death....he has gotten out of tought scrapes before, and geeeeee, this threat was rather minor compared to previous situations. The man is MUCH smarter than that. (BTW, Connor did have a wonderful script for deep emotional acting, and he hit his marks perfectly.....:thumbup:) This is why I love the relaunch books.....thanks for giving a different spin on that 'death' scene.

Why did we not get to hear Archer's much touted, highly anticipated speech.....or even a close up of him speaking at least a part of this......

And what is with the lack of emotion from the crew after losing Trip....unless, they were in on the relaunch books! :whistle:
Finally.....do you want Trip and T'Pol's handclasp at the end, or Riker and Troi walking away.....I vote our Enterprise folks at the ending of our Enterprise series.

Okay, for any good.....

Yahhhh Shran is here!

Giving Connor a meaty script to work his craft. He was wonderful.
It was great to finally 'see' Chef, even though we all agree, Chef is NOT Riker, at least on the real ENT NX01.

And Archer's hug to T'Pol in the end....they had such a deep and respectful friendship, and it was a beautiful moment.

That's about it If I think of anything else I will post.
TUCKER: Malcolm? REED: I see it. TUCKER: Good. Means I'm not hallucinating. How can a ship be bigger on the inside than the outside? REED: It could be a hologram. TUCKER: Hand me that hyperspanner. (drops it down the hole - it hits bottom after two seconds) REED: You're not going down there? TUCKER: Got to get my spanner back.

#11 LovingMemoryToSpace

LovingMemoryToSpace

Ensign

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 10:27 AM

Okay, so I was mulling over something that MicioGatta said in the cute thread. And that was that the other main characters were out of character after Trip died, as if they didn't really care about his passing. So it got me thinking, that maybe this was an Alternative Universe, where human's have gone the way of the Vulcans in hiding their emotions, which if this was the case, then our Trip still lives... I can live with that! Posted Image Posted Image

Good point + nice thing to think ;) I think that everyone of us can live wiht that thing :D
So it is agreered Trip isnt ded? :)

#12 LovingMemoryToSpace

LovingMemoryToSpace

Ensign

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 12:26 PM

:nono: :thumbsdown: :wallbash: :censored: :jumpon: :boxing: :blowup: :bash: :nonono:

Oh, wait, you want a VERBAL (okay, okay,) a TEXT response......hummmmm.

I did not like:

No change in rank for this world and galaxy saving crew...I mean, really.

Trip and T'Pol relationship should be ongoing and active, in a professional way on duty, and private when not....Hell, we have DADT now, so surely by then, there will be the ability to be married on the same post. Plus, that bond is rather strong, from what I gather, so what's with that? Geesh, get over being afraid of love in Star Trek....there are actually real lives and loves that CAN live happily ever after, why not them?

I love Riker and Troi, in TNG, NOT in the Enterprise Valentine to the Fans.....therefore, I call for Demons/Terra Prime being the true finale, and we leave with Trip and T'Pol having a meaningful, hopeful moment at then end.

Trip's unthoughtful, truly unnecessary death....he has gotten out of tought scrapes before, and geeeeee, this threat was rather minor compared to previous situations. The man is MUCH smarter than that. (BTW, Connor did have a wonderful script for deep emotional acting, and he hit his marks perfectly.....:thumbup:) This is why I love the relaunch books.....thanks for giving a different spin on that 'death' scene.

Why did we not get to hear Archer's much touted, highly anticipated speech.....or even a close up of him speaking at least a part of this......

And what is with the lack of emotion from the crew after losing Trip....unless, they were in on the relaunch books! :whistle:
Finally.....do you want Trip and T'Pol's handclasp at the end, or Riker and Troi walking away.....I vote our Enterprise folks at the ending of our Enterprise series.

Okay, for any good.....

Yahhhh Shran is here!

Giving Connor a meaty script to work his craft. He was wonderful.
It was great to finally 'see' Chef, even though we all agree, Chef is NOT Riker, at least on the real ENT NX01.

And Archer's hug to T'Pol in the end....they had such a deep and respectful friendship, and it was a beautiful moment.

That's about it If I think of anything else I will post.

Mmm...Im still saying this one title Trip's and T'Pol's love was something like "Love that shouldnt never die" ^_^ ...Im so agree with you. :nod: They should live happily together forever and ever more...they were perfect together...
Posted Image
This is what I call "The Love That Should Never Die" ;)

Riker and Troi are great but not in Enterprise, agree. :nod: It would be such a beautifull end and better than this one! ;)

Mmm...Im so agree with you. :nod: He shouldnt die or if he would it could be even really something more better than this one. :( Connor truly did it "Aww" *sighs* "If someone asks Im dreaming of Trinneer" :D Hehe I havent read those yet but Im going to because I really want something else than this way of death of one most braves, smartest and hottest man in the world! :nod:
Posted Image

Yeah why? I dont know...Im sure that he did mention Trip...Im so sure of that...or at least I hope that he did mention him...because they were best friends and great friends for each other anyways
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
"The Best Friends forever and ever" :D

But there werent any feelings or at least much when Trip died in episode :sadnod: ...but if there is feelings in books...Im going to read them because I want saw or read then what they do think about Trip :nod: ...Trip and T'pols handclasp! Vote the same! :D

Well about that hug I really agree. It was beautifull...so very beautifull. :sadnod:

Okey Thanks it was nice to hear what you think :) And for beautifull end...here is couple of pics...

Before Archers speak...
Posted Image

Archer was with T'Pol...
Posted Image

Posted Image
And they remembered Trip Tucker who meant so much for both of them...

T'Pol remembered...
Posted Image

And Archer remembered...
Posted Image

#13 NX014Ever

NX014Ever

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 02:58 PM

Always thought this was the worst part of that last episode...Here they lost that child, which seem to bring them even closer together, and all of a sudden, they aren't even speaking to each other?
"There's one thing you never put in a trap if your smart. If you have any plans of seeing tomorrow there's one thing you never, ever, put in a trap...Me!" - The (11th) Doctor. [/center][/size]

#14 MicioGatta

MicioGatta

Commodore

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 04:00 PM

In the book "The Good That Men Do"
Spoiler

I really love that book, it's a cure for that last episode.

Trip shouldn't have died that time. He was dreesed in red when he did the jerk with Amanda Cole during the training with MACO, not in TATV ;-P

@Loving: I took the idea given in "The Good That Men Do" and bend it to my own use, Trip just went in another universe to save the world.

When I was a new trekker and I watched this episode, I asked a friend of mine: "Why do they kill the nice guy?!" He answered: "Because Spock has to be the first Human/Vulcan hybrid in Star Trek. If Trip and T'Pol remained together, probably they would have got some children...." So, I wrote a story, that I've named "My! My! Time Flies" (from Enya's song) to explain why and how Trip's not dead, trying to respect canon and my friend's speech.

Edited by MicioGatta, 21 November 2010 - 04:38 PM.

#15 LovingMemoryToSpace

LovingMemoryToSpace

Ensign

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 12:36 PM

Always thought this was the worst part of that last episode...Here they lost that child, which seem to bring them even closer together, and all of a sudden, they aren't even speaking to each other?

Well actually they were speaking to each other...they just werent lovers anymore at least in episodes...

#16 LovingMemoryToSpace

LovingMemoryToSpace

Ensign

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 12:48 PM

In the book "The Good That Men Do"

Spoiler

I really love that book, it's a cure for that last episode.

Trip shouldn't have died that time. He was dreesed in red when he did the jerk with Amanda Cole during the training with MACO, not in TATV ;-P

@Loving: I took the idea given in "The Good That Men Do" and bend it to my own use, Trip just went in another universe to save the world.

When I was a new trekker and I watched this episode, I asked a friend of mine: "Why do they kill the nice guy?!" He answered: "Because Spock has to be the first Human/Vulcan hybrid in Star Trek. If Trip and T'Pol remained together, probably they would have got some children...." So, I wrote a story, that I've named "My! My! Time Flies" (from Enya's song) to explain why and how Trip's not dead, trying to respect canon and my friend's speech.

I loved your spolier MicioGatta ^_^ It is so beautifull or was so beautifull romance between this human and vulcan...truly "The Love That Should Never Die" :nod:

Aww it is so cute...And Im going to read your story next and then read this book if I find it from libary ;) Btw that was great thing to use when we can think that this other universe could bring Trip there with his death here...and now he is saving this other universe and when he is ready there they will bring him again to another universe, right? ^_^
This is might sound very stupid but In Fact I hope that I could do the same after my death I would born again and again and one day I would be living my life in space :lol:

:lol: That was good point from your friend ;) Maybe it is just the truht but with that point they could just break the bond between Trip and T'Pol and leave our Trip alone other ways! I have to really read this your story ^_^ Btw Do you like of Enya's songs?
And I think that Im going now to read this your story ;)

#17 LovingMemoryToSpace

LovingMemoryToSpace

Ensign

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:51 PM

@MicioGatta I read this your story "My!My!Time Flies!" really made me cry :sadnod: But it was so beautifull and sweet...I loved the ending porbably most but I do always love ending at least when it is beautifull end ^_^

#18 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 03:14 PM

That was actually my biggest problem with the episode. Ticks me off that "TGTMD" still didn't show it, but then those relaunch books screwed up so many different ways, if you ask me. I haven't even bothered with the latest one, and I once thought I'd buy anything with "Romulan War" in the name.

Sorry, little off topic rant there.

#19 MicioGatta

MicioGatta

Commodore

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 03:29 PM

@MicioGatta I read this your story "My!My!Time Flies!" really made me cry :sadnod: But it was so beautifull and sweet...I loved the ending porbably most but I do always love ending at least when it is beautifull end ^_^

Have you already read it?! It was the 9th! 8D Do you google-translated it?

Spoiler

I really love Enya, she's my favourite singer!

Edited by MicioGatta, 22 November 2010 - 03:33 PM.

#20 LovingMemoryToSpace

LovingMemoryToSpace

Ensign

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 04:15 PM

Have you already read it?! It was the 9th! 8D Do you google-translated it?

Spoiler

I really love Enya, she's my favourite singer!

Yeah I did read it :nod: And it was amazing!!! I loved it!!! :D Okey now listen every one "Trip Tucker IS NOT ded!" ^_^ And now everyone are :o :w00t: and girls :drool:... :lol:
And then some secretly T'Pol lover <_< :thumbsdown: >_< :jumpon: :ranting: and PUM!:blowup:
But someday...if Trip and T'Pol will ever be together again...Trip is ready for this :boxing: againts this lover of T'Pol and then, of cpurse, he will win and everything ends happily

Posted Image

I Translated part of it because I was very tired and was too tired to think of some words but almost all of it I read in italian ^_^

Those your spoilers are everytime lovelies...but at this time I dont know who said that...??? :lol:

Oh really? Great! :D I love her too ^_^ She has so amazing, beautifull voice :nod: First song what I heard from her was "May it be" and I was thinking that is this angel who is singing :lol:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users