• This topic is locked This topic is locked
989 replies to this topic

#981 Barbara

Barbara

Working My Way Up to Awesome

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:20 PM

@Paulinem - you cannot stay in your car in December. Argoribbonzee NOT ACCEPTABLE. If the apt mgr is 1/3rd human, they must do something for you. Must, I say. Must!

for uttering this egregious falsehood, sir, I must challenge you to a duel.

Ouuuu - a duel. *grabs popcorn and a seat next to Tish*

BUGS!!

Okay...so here is what you do...You look for ONE really crazy thing a day that makes it all make sense...For me, back in NY, when I had just had my 1st kid and the prospect or reality of living in the city was truly upsetting to me...When you have an infant...you want everything to be safe and clean..The city is far from that. Well anyway...I found that looking for that one thing every day...that one thing that made living in the city or anywhere palatable...like cherry blossom petals fluttering around making the sidewalk pink or a lady in the East Village walking around with a sandwich board that said, "The End is Near" or a guy walking his parrot on a leash down 3rd Ave.

You have these things to look for every day...in some way...Here in RI...for me, today it was the looks on all the faces of the kids when Santa came through the doors...Spectacular! One kid in particular...his eyes were BEAMING...It was not mine...MY KID was sitting on the bench with his arms crossed in the "HUMPH" position..He KNOWS that it is NOT the REAL Santa...(And gave me about 10 reasons why it is NOT the real Santa....I must say, he is very observant.)

If I have to message you once a day with some insane story from my crazy world...I will....But...you can read it here...

I loves ya Bugs!!

You are funny and yes, it helps. I wrapped CMAs presents for the little kids I babysit in the church infant nursery. Twelve tiny gifts. *sigh*

Well. Kind of. I'm all done doing boring student work indefinitely. I'll be teaching classes in a few months, but I imagine that's much more more rewarding than being a student.

I love teaching. I'm scared of schools.

education is pretty terrible, i think we can all agree. the only thing worse than sitting in a classroom is sitting in a classroom with 30 other people listening to someone lecture in a monotone for two hours straight. neither of which is as bad as sitting in a classroom with 30 other people listening to someone lecture in a monotone for two (or sometimes three) hours straight when you forgot to take your ADD medication and you literally are about to climb out of your desk but you can't leave because you really need an A in this class and the professor takes off three points for every missed class so you know you should really stay in class so you can make a good grade so you can have a decent GPA on your diploma so you can start sending out dozens of resumes the week after graduation so you can find a mind-numbing dead-end job paying slightly less than a living wage but offering the significant fringe benefit of a tiny cubicle to slowly siphon away your soul eight hours at a time for the rest of your frigging life, all because you made the mistake of getting a stupid "education".

or not. but still... better safe than sorry.

Ouuu and Apoco gave you a MAN HUG. You is special. Here, have a chick hug. *hugs marky* I had a few great teachers - who made life interesting and classes fly by at light speed. Wish all teachers could be like that. In 6th grade we made a dinosaur - to study archeology. It was so big it didn't fit through the door .... poor planning on our part, but it was the best class ever. Apart from college history - where we acted out various wars and stuff. Easy to remember facts when you become that person in history. Great class.

I am going to a Christmas party tonight. I have a splitting headache. Ugh! Need new glasses and a new prescription but have no more money..... the story of our lives, eh?
President, P.U.T. Procrastinators Unite Tomorrow
The bend in the road is not the end of the road unless you fail to make the turn.
Mac Anderson

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved." John 3:16-17

#982 Russell Crowe

Russell Crowe

• Members
  • 45,874 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:21 PM

Are you planning on going for the doctorates?

i sincerely hope not. but i suspect i eventually will.
Have you reckon'd a thousand acres much? have you reckon'd the
earth much? Have you practis'd so long to learn to read?
Have you felt so proud to get at the meaning of poems?
Stop this day and night with me and you shall possess the origin of
all poems...

#983 Barbara

Barbara

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:22 PM

Hi there marky!!! How de doo?
The bend in the road is not the end of the road unless you fail to make the turn.
Mac Anderson

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved." John 3:16-17

#984 Russell Crowe

Russell Crowe

• Members
  • 45,874 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:23 PM

faaaantastic! i only worked six hours today and if I can muster up the energy i will go out for drinks with the women-folk later.

also i haven't done any christmas shopping yet. yikes
all poems...

#985 Barbara

Barbara

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:25 PM

At wallyworld they had these soup bowls with potato/bacon soup, and a spoon - already wrapped - for $5.00 ---- every man on my list is getting one. They even came in different colors: green, brown, and off white. Very man gifts. In my budget - for the few that I must shop for.

uh, the soup is instant - just add water - and it comes in a burlap sack. Rugged looking btw.

Edited by Barbara, 17 December 2010 - 07:26 PM.

Mac Anderson

#986 Russell Crowe

Russell Crowe

• Members
  • 45,874 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:27 PM

At wallyworld they had these soup bowls with potato/bacon soup, and a spoon - already wrapped - for $5.00 ---- every man on my list is getting one. They even came in different colors: green, brown, and off white. Very man gifts. In my budget - for the few that I must shop for.

uh, the soup is instant - just add water - and it comes in a burlap sack. Rugged looking btw.

dude! that is incredible. i must make a trip to walmart this weekend.
all poems...

#987 Barbara

Barbara

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:40 PM

Agree.
Mac Anderson

#988 raptor

raptor

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:14 PM

Raptor just opened up the new Irish Bar. Aye...

#989 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,716 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:21 PM

raptor...it is the backreading bar again...

Okay...I'm ready for snow...and the storm is pushing off shore.

My Mother's angelic yell is starting to make me crazy. She basically speaks in a yell...Her patience is ummm nill... My kids are keyed up because it is the weekend...

Yay!

Hey everybody!! Who is writing the new bar?? Was it Sven?? or Tish??

I is confused!!

Maybe we should move to the DS-9 Promenade bar for a bit until the new bar is up...Well...in another 10 posts or more....??? Just an idea. And T-015 has been working hard over there.

Back later on!!

Nevermind!!!
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#990 paulinem

paulinem

Connortator Extraordinaire...

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:33 PM

@Paulinem - you cannot stay in your car in December. Argoribbonzee NOT ACCEPTABLE. If the apt mgr is 1/3rd human, they must do something for you. Must, I say. Must!

He's not been too bad, in fact I know he wants me to stay. It's the agent that seems to be holding up the process!

also i haven't done any christmas shopping yet. yikes

Yeah, there'll be none of that for me this year. Hugs and kisses will be my gifts for family and friends!

:thumbup:

Posted Image

Persistence, Patience and Perseverance Pays Off!

(practice makes perfect)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users