• This topic is locked This topic is locked
989 replies to this topic

#1 maneth

maneth

GBBS Moderator

• Members
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 01:22 AM

The Norse bar is open, grab a glass of mead and put your feet up.

Posted Image
Live long and prosper

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 raptor

raptor

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 04:14 AM

Tack. Thank you in some Scandinavian languages I guess. Aquavit. Strong alcoholic drink. Kiiiiiiiitos. Finnish for cheers I believe.

#3 maneth

maneth

GBBS Moderator

• Members
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 05:02 AM

Tack is thanks in Swedish yes. Variants are used in Norwegian and Danish too. Kiitos is thanks in Finnish, but cheers is kippis!

Posted Image
Live long and prosper

#4 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,072 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 07:36 AM

A new day, a new Bar.
Fitting, as the change in winds is from the cold north.
Its a little sparse at the moment looking forward to what our host has in plans for the details.

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#5 Elf

Elf

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 4,446 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 08:02 AM

*walks in* What has this bar got to drink?

I see that I have made it here just in time to see this place close *cries*

I really really really really really miss you all. :sadangel:

*hands TL a tissue*

Yes, we all miss you TL.

We miss you too, TL. :(

We also miss Barbara, frooty, Droney, fasty...

QFT. :nod:
"Give me your boot." "What for?"
"So I can squash it." "Are we allowed to squash alien life forms?"
"If they're inside your sleeping bag. There it is. Wait a minute. Where'd you put the phase pistols?"
"You wanna shoot a bug?"
"I'm just gonna stun it."- Tucker and Mayweather

#6 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,716 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 09:57 AM

*trekkin' glides in on a cloud.*

Hey?? Where is everything? Pink2....Helloo?? Pink2??

Meh...I'll just have some of this mead stuff...I hope I don't have to drive anywhere today.
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#7 Schplee

Schplee

Petty Officer 2nd Class

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 01:58 PM

A stein of warm mead for me too please. Heavy on the honey and hold the pickle.

Say, I like what you've done with the place.

#8 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 03:17 PM

*Ensign Edwards strides in, swathed in furs. A longsword dangles from his belt, and a shield is slung over his back. He slides onto a bench amongst the honored dead, who sing and feast after a long day of giant-slaying, and grabs a stein of mead from a tray born by a shapely, blue-eyed maiden.*

Kippis!

I'm sorry I wasn't around to open the new bar, but I suppose there's something to be said for having it opened by an honest to goodness Scandinavian, instead of a North American mutt like me. :P

I need to find an appropriate avatar...

Edit: Huzzah! Skadi FTW!

#9 TeaKirk

TeaKirk

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 04:32 PM

*Walks in* HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted Image

http://sailortrekkie92.deviantart.com/
Lightspeedpurple's art
Guest Password-Pikachu(It's not my real login password, it's for guest use only)

#10 paulinem

paulinem

Connortator Extraordinaire...

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 06:23 PM

Mornin' all! Well, I suppose it's evenin' for some of ya!

OK. Was here, but didn't feel like posting much. Raptor's Ten Forward-mood was a bit low, thinking about several people we miss. Recent reaction of Terillyn makes Raptor feel better though.

That's okay, raptor! I'm sure our friends will make their way back when they're ready!

The Norse bar is open, grab a glass of mead and put your feet up.

Thanks for opening the bar, maneth! Posted Image

*Ensign Edwards strides in, swathed in furs. A longsword dangles from his belt, and a shield is slung over his back. He slides onto a bench amongst the honored dead, who sing and feast after a long day of giant-slaying, and grabs a stein of mead from a tray born by a shapely, blue-eyed maiden.*

Kippis!

I'm sorry I wasn't around to open the new bar, but I suppose there's something to be said for having it opened by an honest to goodness Scandinavian, instead of a North American mutt like me. Posted Image

I need to find an appropriate avatar...

Edit: Huzzah! Skadi FTW!

I'd still like to read what you wrote! Please....

Okay, I've done another hour of packing, the back is not holding up so well. I'd like a new body...Posted Image

Okay, so, I suppose I better get a few more things done before I carkit for the day...

I'll have a Hot Tucker, please. I'll keep it safe until I've completed my tasks for the day!

Posted Image

Persistence, Patience and Perseverance Pays Off!

(practice makes perfect)

#11 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 07:24 PM

Oh, and don't worry if the earth shakes. That's just Loki being tortured for murdering the most beloved of all gods and ushering in the end of creation. :P

I'd still like to read what you wrote! Please....

I never actually wrote anything. I just had ideas in my head, some of which made it into my earlier post. You missed out on the Rainbow Bridge and cameos by several Norse gods. I was also thinking of making a crack about the jukebox being ready to "ragna-rock-and-roll," and my subtitle was going to be "The best bar in the nine worlds."

#12 trekkin'

trekkin'

• Global Moderators
  • 7,716 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 08:10 PM

I don't see any reason why these events cannot still take place as we go along??

Rainbow bridge?? I'm liking that...I have my cloud spinning Frigga to help with those rainbows....

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#13 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

TU Forum Manager - Resident killjoy

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,625 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 08:32 PM

Tusen Takk Maneth. Meader til alle! :cheers:
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#14 Schplee

Schplee

Petty Officer 2nd Class

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:14 PM

Oi oi oi, mine øl smaker rart...

#15 tish

tish

Commander of Starfleet

• Members
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:17 PM

*White coated, iridescent scarf and black curly hair streaming behind, skates through the clouds along the curve of the Rainbow Bridge, landing in white fur-lined boots on the floor of the new bar*

Hello y'all! In the typical mama mode here, and I have a deep, covered reed woven basket for you to place ANY mistletoe you might stumble upon, hidden in and around this place.....I will keep us safe, there's already been one too many tragic ends with that pesky plant. If you do not know what it looks like, check out my avatar. This basket will reside in the deepest, least trafficked corner of the bar. Be sure and use very thick gloves or tongs when you handle the mistletoe! And KEEP LOKI AWAY FROM THE BASKET! :nonono:
TUCKER: Malcolm? REED: I see it. TUCKER: Good. Means I'm not hallucinating. How can a ship be bigger on the inside than the outside? REED: It could be a hologram. TUCKER: Hand me that hyperspanner. (drops it down the hole - it hits bottom after two seconds) REED: You're not going down there? TUCKER: Got to get my spanner back.

#16 Schplee

Schplee

Petty Officer 2nd Class

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:28 PM

And may Heimdall himself bless that very basket and all who sail in her.

#17 tish

tish

Commander of Starfleet

• Members
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 12:52 AM

And may Heimdall himself bless that very basket and all who sail in her.

yes, I suggest the blessing to rescind any lethal qualities and the lovely mistletoe be associated with a more pleasing concept, say, hummmmm, I don't know, maybe kissing or something?!! :rolleyes:
TUCKER: Malcolm? REED: I see it. TUCKER: Good. Means I'm not hallucinating. How can a ship be bigger on the inside than the outside? REED: It could be a hologram. TUCKER: Hand me that hyperspanner. (drops it down the hole - it hits bottom after two seconds) REED: You're not going down there? TUCKER: Got to get my spanner back.

#18 Irene Brustad

Irene Brustad

Fleet Captain

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 06:40 AM

I guess I had to enter your bar when you guys chose to make it a Scandinavian bar :thumbup:

I want a glass of Dahl's (or ten), Sev said he would pic up the tab.. For Sev's sake I hope you have Danish prices on the alcohol, not Norwegian. :P
Posted Image

SKÅL! :cheers:

#19 trekkin'

trekkin'

• Global Moderators
  • 7,716 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:33 AM

yes, I suggest the blessing to rescind any lethal qualities and the lovely mistletoe be associated with a more pleasing concept, say, hummmmm, I don't know, maybe kissing or something?!! :rolleyes:

Maybe we should, you know, bring some of that stuff to the Cute Thread? *grabs tongs*

I guess I had to enter your bar when you guys chose to make it a Scandinavian bar :thumbup:

I want a glass of Dahl's (or ten), Sev said he would pic up the tab.. For Sev's sake I hope you have Danish prices on the alcohol, not Norwegian. :P
Posted Image

Hiya Irene! I think I'll have one of those beers later tonight!

#20 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

TU Forum Manager - Resident killjoy

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,625 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 09:15 AM

Posted Image

Never told me you had a hollow leg Irene ;P You're lucky I know the owners ;)
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users