Anyone from Finland?

19 replies to this topic

#1 LovingMemoryToSpace

LovingMemoryToSpace

Ensign

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 11:29 AM

Im girl from Finland and Im just asking that is anyone else from here? If you are please tell ^_^

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,072 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 05:46 PM

We do have a couple of members from Finland.
VIPs, Timo Vuorensola and Samuli Torssonen. We have had them here for chats in the past regarding their Star Wreck series.
I know they are busy right now in Germany with filming starting on their Iron Sky movie.

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#3 LovingMemoryToSpace

LovingMemoryToSpace

Ensign

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 06:11 AM

Oh well great to know still that here is someone from Finland :D

#4 maneth

maneth

GBBS Moderator

• Members
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 08:47 AM

Another Finn here. :wave: I know a fairly young guy from Finland used to post here, but it's been so long I can't even remember his nick at the moment.

Posted Image
Live long and prosper

#5 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 10:29 AM

I believe you're thinking of Jacki. He joined the army, I think, so that's probably why he's not around anymore. Too busy.

I'm one quarter Finnish, but that's not really the same thing. I would like to visit Finland someday, though.

#6 LovingMemoryToSpace

LovingMemoryToSpace

Ensign

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:15 PM

Another Finn here. :wave: I know a fairly young guy from Finland used to post here, but it's been so long I can't even remember his nick at the moment.

:wave: It is so great to meet peoples from your country who are interested of same things that you are! :D :clap: So Im happy to meet you :thumbup: Aww well maybe he will come back one day ^_^

I believe you're thinking of Jacki. He joined the army, I think, so that's probably why he's not around anymore. Too busy.

I'm one quarter Finnish, but that's not really the same thing. I would like to visit Finland someday, though.

My father is working in one army in Finland.
Hehe well if you will come someday to visit to Finland remember came at summer or other ways it will be pretty cold in here :lol: :D

#7 Schplee

Schplee

Petty Officer 2nd Class

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:46 PM

Hi LovingMemory!

If it's any consolation I also have my suspicions that I may be the only Irishman afoot in the TU community.

But you know what, if that's so then it makes us both Ambassadors and Representatives for our wonderful Nations. ( hey, it worked for Nelix ).

I wonder if we can apply for Diplomatic Immunity now...

#8 LovingMemoryToSpace

LovingMemoryToSpace

Ensign

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 02:20 PM

Hi LovingMemory!

If it's any consolation I also have my suspicions that I may be the only Irishman afoot in the TU community.

But you know what, if that's so then it makes us both Ambassadors and Representatives for our wonderful Nations. ( hey, it worked for Nelix ).

I wonder if we can apply for Diplomatic Immunity now...

Aww hehe of course. :nod: I have always dreamed of beeing Ambassador. :lol:
And I have always dreamed of living in your country Irland is so beautifull!!! ^_^

#9 Schplee

Schplee

Petty Officer 2nd Class

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 02:45 PM

Oh you're right it is beautiful here. So small though. I bet it's much more exciting and lively in Finland. The weather sounds more like my cup of tea anyway. I love the kind of winter you have to dig your way out of!

#10 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 05:21 PM

My father is working in one army in Finland.
Hehe well if you will come someday to visit to Finland remember came at summer or other ways it will be pretty cold in here public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

Oh, I like the cold. It's part of why I want to go there.

#11 maneth

maneth

GBBS Moderator

• Members
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:42 AM

It's only cold in winter, like Canada. :P

Yeah, it was Jacki I was thinking of. He should be out of the army soon unless he decides to continue and go pro. We have a conscription army here, so guys have to either spend 6 or 12 months in the army or do a somewhat longer national service. Women can volunteer too, but not many do.

Posted Image
Live long and prosper

#12 LovingMemoryToSpace

LovingMemoryToSpace

Ensign

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 03:27 PM

Oh you're right it is beautiful here. So small though. I bet it's much more exciting and lively in Finland. The weather sounds more like my cup of tea anyway. I love the kind of winter you have to dig your way out of!

Well here in finland is small too. :( Only place which is for me enough big place is our capital Helsinki :lol: but I do live in some small town. -_- And if I could pick I would live more happily there in Irland there is so beautifull countrysides to live in. :) Still I love big cityes and one day Im going to live somewhere in America. B) I like winters sometimes but sometimes they are just so colds that or example today I did almost froze there in school :cold: And there is horrible snowstorm right now at outside. -_-

Btw I did want ask one question from you but didnt know where I would ask that so I will ask it now here then. :lol: Do you have favourite Star Trek serie or movie? Have you seen those all?

#13 Schplee

Schplee

Petty Officer 2nd Class

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 04:10 PM

He he, we should do a timeshare exchange thing. You could come and hike around in the rainy Irish moors and I could flop around in the Finnish snow hooting and laughing and building snow forts. I _really_ love the snow!

To answer your question I'm getting into the Voyager series recently. It's the first time I've seen it and I'm enjoying it so much! I was weaned on the original series though it will always be my favourite. ( still have most of it on videotape :P ). I've seen all of TOS and all of the movies but I'm sort of new to all the TNG and DS9 shows. I'm looking forward to slowly making my way through them and finding out all the cool stuff I've missed out on. My favourite movie would be First Contact just because it's really, really good!

Hows about you? I know you're a big TOS fan but what do you make of the new series like DeepSpace9 and Voyager?

#14 LovingMemoryToSpace

LovingMemoryToSpace

Ensign

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 01:36 PM

Oh, I like the cold. It's part of why I want to go there.

Oh right. :D I dont like myself so much of cold. -_- But yes it is beautifull in here if it is cold winter day with snow on the ground ^_^

#15 LovingMemoryToSpace

LovingMemoryToSpace

Ensign

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 01:42 PM

It's only cold in winter, like Canada. :P

Yeah, it was Jacki I was thinking of. He should be out of the army soon unless he decides to continue and go pro. We have a conscription army here, so guys have to either spend 6 or 12 months in the army or do a somewhat longer national service. Women can volunteer too, but not many do.

Yeah that is right and really even this cold dont harm so much if here is snow ^_^
So you live in Canada?
Like me I wont go to army but I have good reason for this...I want to be a doctor ^_^ and I want to be that as fast I can :lol: so Im going to study that time that I could be in army though if I dont get into medical it will be different thing for that year until I get chance to try again ^_^

#16 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 03:12 PM

By national service, you mean non-military civil service, right?

I'm passionately opposed to the idea of military conscription, but giving the option to do civilian service instead is an excellent idea and changes things completely. It seems like a good way to get one's country running well.

So you live in Canada?

That's me, not maneth.

#17 LovingMemoryToSpace

LovingMemoryToSpace

Ensign

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 11:21 AM

He he, we should do a timeshare exchange thing. You could come and hike around in the rainy Irish moors and I could flop around in the Finnish snow hooting and laughing and building snow forts. I _really_ love the snow!

To answer your question I'm getting into the Voyager series recently. It's the first time I've seen it and I'm enjoying it so much! I was weaned on the original series though it will always be my favourite. ( still have most of it on videotape :P ). I've seen all of TOS and all of the movies but I'm sort of new to all the TNG and DS9 shows. I'm looking forward to slowly making my way through them and finding out all the cool stuff I've missed out on. My favourite movie would be First Contact just because it's really, really good!

Hows about you? I know you're a big TOS fan but what do you make of the new series like DeepSpace9 and Voyager?

Yeah that could be really fun. ^_^ I do like of snow too but not last year but year before that it even wasnt snow in here and winters like that I hate all the time is just rainy and dark. -_- I love summer rain but I hate winter rain when it is not snow but some cold and discusting water!!! -_- But yes winters with snow are amazing! :D

Yes Voyager is awesome too and in fact it is my fourth fave with TNG just little upper it. ^_^ TOS is soo amazing!!! And for me in it is the best captain ever!!! :wub: I dont have any of Star Trek series for myself I have only movies but Im going to wish TOS first in Christmas. :D Well I didnt like so much of DS9 in start I dont know I just havent interested in those and I dont know why maybe it was because of that that in every other serie I did have some person that I think was somehow amazing but in DS9 I didnt just find anyone. -_- Then I start to watch it over and over again just wanting find something from it and suddenly I saw that in DS9 it is not someone in person it is the story what do I like. :lol: I watched it once all over again and now I do really like of it. ;)

I do like very much of Voyager and I do like DS9(about what I told before) too there is only one serie that I dont like so much and it is Enterprise. -_- I dont know what I would say about Voyager...Well first and most important thing for me is this one amazing person :lol: and in Voyager it is Thomas Eugene but I do also like of 7of9 she is very interesting person somehow too. :lol: And I just like of Voyager it is great serie too. :nod: In TNG is lot of persons that I do like and they are Jean-Luc Picard, William Riker, Data and Wesley Crusher. :D I hated TNG first because it was the chance part where Jim wasnt anymore captain :( and I hated Generations too at first when it was the movie where Jim died :crybaby: :lol: but then somehow it came one of my fave movies of STar Trek and one of my fave series too. ;) But Enterprise is this only one serie that I dont so much like of But I do love Trip Tucker!!! :wub:
So order from me for series is 1. TOS 2. DS9 3. TNG 4. voyager 5. Enterprise :nod:
And then movies 1.The Voyage Home 2.The Undiscovered Contry 3.Generations 4.The Motion Picture 5.The Wrath Of Khan 6.The Search For Spock 7.The Final Frontier 8.Insurrection 9.Nemesis 10.First Contact :nod:
That might be all from me now :lol:
No I frogot something...oh yes...I LOVE WILLIAM SHATNER! :wub:

#18 LovingMemoryToSpace

LovingMemoryToSpace

Ensign

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 11:26 AM

That's me, not maneth.

Ups sorry my bad :lol: :D

#19 Schplee

Schplee

Petty Officer 2nd Class

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 02:51 PM

My DS9 experience is almost the exact reverse of yours. I only watched it originally because of Colm Meaney who plays Chief O'Brian. He's a much loved actor over here. I'm catching bits and pieces of the series again now and I'm definately enjoying it more the second time around. It is a complicated story and it dosn't make me thirstly to see the next installment the way Voyager and TNG does. I guess it just takes a while to get used to.

I know what you mean about the Generations movie. I spent most of my childhood watching Jim Kirk charm his way out of endless death defying situations and wondering what it would take to finally send the immortal buccaneer to his grave. Falling off a bridge and being buried in a desert wasn't a very satisfying conclusion.

Did you know that William Shatner co-wrote some books in which Kirk is resurected by the Borg and continues adventuring years after TNG? It seems you can't keep a good man down!

If I ever have a son I'll be naming him James Tiberius...

:)

Edited by Schplee, 11 November 2010 - 02:54 PM.

#20 LovingMemoryToSpace

LovingMemoryToSpace

Ensign

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 02:47 PM

My DS9 experience is almost the exact reverse of yours. I only watched it originally because of Colm Meaney who plays Chief O'Brian. He's a much loved actor over here. I'm catching bits and pieces of the series again now and I'm definately enjoying it more the second time around. It is a complicated story and it dosn't make me thirstly to see the next installment the way Voyager and TNG does. I guess it just takes a while to get used to.

I know what you mean about the Generations movie. I spent most of my childhood watching Jim Kirk charm his way out of endless death defying situations and wondering what it would take to finally send the immortal buccaneer to his grave. Falling off a bridge and being buried in a desert wasn't a very satisfying conclusion.

Did you know that William Shatner co-wrote some books in which Kirk is resurected by the Borg and continues adventuring years after TNG? It seems you can't keep a good man down!

If I ever have a son I'll be naming him James Tiberius...

:)

Oh I understand. I do watch sometimes movies too because of just some actor and then I dont like the movie first but when I watch it over again and again I might start liking of it. :nod: And yes DS9 is complicated story really -_- ...I dont know how I did start liking of it but anyways I have watched it all over many times so maybe I have learned the story now and can enjoy of it and maybe you will find enjoyof it someday. :)

Mmm...well yeah I in fact am so young that I did see first Jim's death when I watched all of the movies first and after that TOS episode's. :D SO it didnt make so big disappointing to me when I didnt know what it will be in those episodes. ;) I didnt even knew that there is series too about STar Trek before I started look something about James Tiberius Kirk from Youtube. :lol: But I did look like, I always do that, do my favourite person die in some of this movies and I read from wikipedia that, yes he do like allmost all of my favourites men in movies. -_- After it I watched from Youtube and I found the death part of Jim from Generations. :( It was this second death and finaly part of his in Generations. And if you want know secret :P ...when I did see Generations first time and Jims second death part, I did knew at first that this cant be really his death sense so I didnt never cared it about so much, but in this second part I did :crybaby: like some baby all rest of the movie. Well I always cry at movies sad senses :err:

If it so...why would we even try keep good man down? ;) And Yes I did knew but I didnt knew that it was borg that recustered Jim. Well Im always thankfull to this borg then. :D I know that it really dont be part of this story of Star Trek but still I always belive that books is as true as movies too. ^_^ And other secret is this when I watch movies from future I think that those will even happen someday...so I belive that James Tiberius Kirk will born at 22th 3 of 2228. :innocent:

Aww how sweet from you... ^_^
I have too thought that it would be geart have boy named as James Tiberius :D

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users