About Stargate

5 replies to this topic

#1 LovingMemoryToSpace

LovingMemoryToSpace

Ensign

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 11:25 AM

I were at city yesterday when this theater show did last more than I did expect. So I left to city for a while when my mother would come just after hour pick me from theater. Anyways I were in city and saw this box of stargate(I were actualy seacrhing for Star Trek TOS series)and I thought about it would probably be great to saw stargate at least those people in it seem very great and that story did hear very good when I read it. But I dont know anything about Stargate so if anyone knows something, which Im sure someone does, could you please tell me something about it? ^_^

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:02 AM

It's a pretty good franchise. Star Trek is sometimes better, but Stargate is more consistent. It's not always great, but it's almost always good. SG-1 and Atlantis are sort of like TOS Trek; light-hearted action/adventure. Universe is a lot darker and more serious, but still pretty good. The one thing all the shows have in common is great characters.

#3 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:11 AM

The one thing all the shows have in common is great characters.

Well, your opinion. But I think SG-1 and Atlantis had better characters than SGU.
Posted Image
Leverage -- Season 5 on DVD Coming September 17th

"The numbers are bad! The numbers are bad!" -- Hugo "Hurley" Reyes, Lost - Season 1
"Boone's death was a sacrifice that the island demanded." -- John Locke, Lost - Season 2
"When was it you lost your imagination, son?" -- Dr. Walter Bishop, Fringe - Season 1

#4 LovingMemoryToSpace

LovingMemoryToSpace

Ensign

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 02:25 PM

It's a pretty good franchise. Star Trek is sometimes better, but Stargate is more consistent. It's not always great, but it's almost always good. SG-1 and Atlantis are sort of like TOS Trek; light-hearted action/adventure. Universe is a lot darker and more serious, but still pretty good. The one thing all the shows have in common is great characters.

Pretty sure that I have to watch this Star Gate someday then ;) And thank you for information ^_^ At least in Star Trek and Atlantis are great characters :D

#5 Vulcanfanatic

Vulcanfanatic

Federation President and Proud SE member, despiser of TU Managem

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 5,576 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 08:46 PM

I am a fan of all Stargate except SGU. In my opinion going with a darker tone,ala BSG, is a mistake and it looks like the show may get cancelled if the ratings dont get better in a hurry.
Proud member of SaveEnterprise.com, Member #8.

#6 maneth

maneth

GBBS Moderator

• Members
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 05:41 AM

Just watching SG-1 season 8 and SGA season 1, which were originally broadcast concurrently in the US, so there's some overlap. Both are great shows, but I admit I like the characters in SG-1 better than Atlantis. Haven't seen any SGU yet.

Posted Image
Live long and prosper

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users