Photo

Star Trek: Red Squad

233 replies to this topic

#201 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,647 posts
  • Location:Galaxy-alpha quadrant-sector 001-Earth-Russian Federation.

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:45 AM

Cool,how model persoanges from elite force,make on quake-3 engine.Me like you graphic in this series.
You make only on Star trek fan animmation or will be based on Mass Effect too?

gKZxu0v.jpg?1

#202 Darkwing

Darkwing

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 12:59 PM

Seeing as there's only two pics of Deitrix kicking around out there, I figured I'd make a new wallpaper for him. I think it turned out quite well!!

Posted Image

Spoiler

Posted Image
Posted Image

#203 Darkwing

Darkwing

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:43 PM

And now a short preview from the first prequel story!

------

Shaking his head, Deitrix stood up, his stomach was churning and his head buzzing. Looking around he appeared to be aboard a heavily damaged Federation ship of some kind. There were metal beams and wires everywhere. The main lights were off and the only illumination came from some flickering emergency lights and the odd shower of sparks that occasionally shot out from destroyed conduits behind the walls. It took him a moment, but he became aware of a faint and ominous sound. It was a dull thud against the metal but had an organic sort of squish with it as well. The more he became aware of the sound, the more he became frightened of it. As his eyes adjusted to the dim lighting, he squinted, noticing something at the end of the corridor. It seemed to be crawling up the walls, floor and ceiling, almost like a living vine of some sort. Any power that was running through the section that the vine was crawling, seemed to disappear almost instantly plunging the section into complete blackness. Deitrix stood there, transfixed at the bizarre and horrifying sight before him, when suddenly he jumped as Rivers laid a hand on his shoulder.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#204 Darkwing

Darkwing

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:59 AM

If you hadn't seen on Facebook, this is just letting the public know that we are now officially in the acting production phase of the project!! I sent the e-mail out yesterday that had the video for setting up the mocap stuff, so that's pretty exciting!!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#205 barbreader

barbreader

Captain

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:36 PM

Yay!
Posted Image

#206 Darkwing

Darkwing

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:36 PM

All right ladies and gents, here is the first story in the Red Squad prequel series! Hope you all enjoy, it's just over 8 pages in length and should help get you all engaged in what the plot for Red Squad actually is! Not sure when we'll get the next story out, maybe next month, maybe later, so yeah, enjoy :)

Mysteries, Crimes and the Dark Hidden Shadow
Posted Image
Posted Image

#207 Destral

Destral

Petty Officer 3rd Class

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:07 AM

Here's another test render from me using a different take on shields :)

#208 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:59 PM

Here's another test render from me using a different take on shields :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyClXXzqj5U

This video is amazing.Good work.Me liked,this short battle as in end movie "Nemesis"Very professional was maked.
I wish you team,what this series in future will be release on non commercial DVD.Even can make digital download.

gKZxu0v.jpg?1

#209 Darkwing

Darkwing

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:17 PM

We intend to have the full series up for download when complete. We'll probably make DVD ISOs which people can then download and burn to disk and have the "Official Red Squad Complete Series on DVD" which would be super awesome! Sadly we can't sell this stuff cause y'know, that's illegal, but our goal is to get it into the hands of the public so that they can view it!

I'm gonna throw this out there now, bit of a feeler actually. We've been discussing post Red Squad and Destral has had plans for what happens after Red Squad for some time, but we've also come up with another idea, another web series that would be a bit of an intensive effort. The main obstacle we actually face is simply time. The production time for something like a single episode of Red Squad is mind boggling and doesn't work if one wanted to make a full blown series that had regular releases. I mean even if you had a 6-10 episode season, at our current production speed of 1.5ish years per episode, we'd be at one season for over a decade! Now short of some major cutbacks in the modeling and animation, the only real solution is to have more people involved on the actual production front. The problem with that is that it costs money. Sometimes we're lucky enough to find someone willing to help on a few things for free, but unless we're gonna throw a pay cheque at them, regular help with the animation/modeling is hard to come by. So an idea Destral and I've started toying with, is down the road, just opening up a donations sort of thing on paypal or something. Like I said we obviously can't sell Red Squad for legal reasons, but there's no reasons we can't ask for simple monetary donations so that we could pay for an animator or something. Of course we still have a lot of discussing to do, but I'm just throwing that out as a feeler to see what the general response to that might be. I never actually considered something like this before, but there's a very good web series I watch called the Danger Element who did something similar, asked for donations and I believe they were able to raise actually thousands of dollars. Now I don't expect that sort of response with this, but being able to raise some money would definitely be beneficial to future productions.

Thoughts, comments, ideas?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#210 Darkwing

Darkwing

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:56 AM

So...bad idea I take it due to the certain lacking of response?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#211 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:19 PM

Maybe in series best making new enemy or new races,which never don't was been seen in "Star Trek"?

gKZxu0v.jpg?1

#212 Kirok

Kirok

Publishing and Media Director, Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:26 PM

So...bad idea I take it due to the certain lacking of response?

Sorry, this is my third day without internet and I'm having to use my phone account.

Whwn Star Trek: New Voyages (Phas II as they are now) first came to the notice of Paramount legal, they were given a number of conditions which meant that they would be allowed to continue although they could be shut down at any time. One of them was they could make no money on their work which specifically included taking donations. Things have changed in the last 6 years and you'll notice that the Phase II has a contributions button now - does this mean that the rules have changed? I would say no and if SOPA or anything like it gets through this type of thing could make them a target.

Could I make a suggestion?

Star Trek: Red Squad is a fan production made by Burning Earth Productions, right? I know that you guys want to do other things for Infinity Corner and if they are original works you CAN accept donations to help you produce them, I think if you stipulate that any donations made to BE Productions will be for all your work and that ST Red Squad is a community service that you will never accept any money for - it will always be available for free, including the ISO downloads, etc - then you are not specifically taking donations for your tribute shows,

That's a bit scrappy but do you get the gist of what I'm saying? I believe that fan productions should be made in partnership with original productions so that the two can support each other - fan productions act as a "show reel" to publicise your work and are a way of you connecting with a fanbase whilst original work can be expressive and be an avenue for accepting support from the fans of your work.

Opinions?

K

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

#213 barbreader

barbreader

Captain

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:51 PM

Paramount seems to have a pretty hands-off relationship to donations. Farragut has even gotten 501©(3) status from the IRS and apparently Paramount has not objected. What is that? It means that if I pay taxes to the USA, I can deduct any donation I make to Farragut from my total taxable income as a 'charitable donation.' It's not quite that simple, you have to elect to do something called, "itemizing" your deductions to take advantage of this, and there is a default amount you get to take if you don't itemize. Most Americans do not itemize, but for those who do, they can act as if they never made the money they donated, and deduct it before figuring out their total taxable income. If you don't live in the USA, that's probably as clear as mud.

However, the point is that Farragut has been VERY AGGRESSIVE about this, and Paramount hasn't done anything. Now, if Farragut continues on their plan to produce a TOS fan film with the original crew, we'll see if Paramount stays with that or changes course.

So, what I'm saying is, doing a relatively original work, for now at least, I wouldn't be overly concerned about donations triggering a problem.
Posted Image

#214 Darkwing

Darkwing

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:51 PM

And here's a new wallpaper if you haven't seen it on Facebook yet!

Posted Image

We'd also like to mention that February is going to see the first official teaser trailer for episode 4! Hope you're all excited!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#215 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,069 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:21 PM

Oh Yeah!:thumbup:

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#216 Darkwing

Darkwing

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:15 PM

So due to some exciting news we received (or at least potentially exciting) we have to have the teaser done by the 10th! So in 8 days you should all be expecting the teaser!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#217 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:29 PM

Awesome news,when can will be wait release full series on youtube?

gKZxu0v.jpg?1

#218 Darkwing

Darkwing

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:35 PM

Well, episode 4 is scheduled for a release sometime in October. I just drew up the production bible yesterday and we still have a fair chunk of work ahead of us, but if we can follow our schedule, it'll be ready to go sometime in the fall. After that, I know there's some plans for a full re-release of the series in ISO format so people can download it and make their own DVDs. On top of that, we might see some cool stuff done to the first two episodes, but that's a secret....
Posted Image
Posted Image

#219 Kirok

Kirok

Publishing and Media Director, Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:46 PM

Well, episode 4 is scheduled for a release sometime in October. I just drew up the production bible yesterday and we still have a fair chunk of work ahead of us, but if we can follow our schedule, it'll be ready to go sometime in the fall. After that, I know there's some plans for a full re-release of the series in ISO format so people can download it and make their own DVDs. On top of that, we might see some cool stuff done to the first two episodes, but that's a secret....

Sounds exciting! A mystery! :thumbup:

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

#220 Darkwing

Darkwing

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:33 PM

I'll tell you this much, you should all get a glimpse of it sometime soon... :D

Also, Kirok, did you get my e-mail yesterday-ish? I presume not as the first sentence was e-mail me as soon as you get it :P
Posted Image
Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users