Star Trek: Red Squad

233 replies to this topic

#41 Darkwing

Darkwing

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 01:43 PM

Here's a spiffy widget I threw together today!

http://www.tuckerdow...g/Countdown.swf

Edited by Darkwing, 12 April 2011 - 01:44 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#42 Darkwing

Darkwing

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 09:10 PM

And a quick teaser to get you all pumped for Friday!!!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=jvh-HaGiukE
Posted Image
Posted Image

#43 Darkwing

Darkwing

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:18 PM

Should you hear any rumours at all about Episode 3 not happening, even if they come from Destral himself... DON'T LISTEN TO THEM! Episode 3 will be delivered on time at some point (probably later in the day) on Friday.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#44 Darkwing

Darkwing

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:32 PM

I am pleased to announce that unless Destral makes any last minute changes, Episode 3 is finished! Now unfortunately, due to some complications that arose last minute, the voice-overs will not be included. The main reason is most of them haven't even been done and it's an all or nothing sort of venture with that.

HOWEVER! You can expect the works for the 4th and final installment of Red Squad. Pre-preduction will begin on that in the next week and I will be joining on as full time producer, most likely editing and I will be writing up the final script in conjunction with Destral. So much to look forward to!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#45 Kirok

Kirok

Publishing and Media Director, Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:36 AM

I am pleased to announce that unless Destral makes any last minute changes, Episode 3 is finished! Now unfortunately, due to some complications that arose last minute, the voice-overs will not be included. The main reason is most of them haven't even been done and it's an all or nothing sort of venture with that.

HOWEVER! You can expect the works for the 4th and final installment of Red Squad. Pre-preduction will begin on that in the next week and I will be joining on as full time producer, most likely editing and I will be writing up the final script in conjunction with Destral. So much to look forward to!

Guys, I'd be telling you lies if if didn't say that I think the episode will poorer without a voice track but ultimately its up to you to call the shots: if you feel that you've accomplished all you want to with it at the end of the day then who are we to expect more? I said all I need to about schedules on p.13 of the last HFO in my article, "They be more like guidelines really!" so I'll not go into it here, besides I've got a vested interest in it so you might think me biassed.

I'm looking forward to the release, guys, I'm sure it'll be great!

K

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

#46 Darkwing

Darkwing

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:14 AM

Well, seems some of these unforeseen circumstances have cleared up some and the VOs from what I gather WILL be a part of episode 3. It's all a tad confusing at this end at the moment in these regards, but from what I gather, it's going to be 3 stage process. I'll have more for you all later!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#47 Darkwing

Darkwing

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:23 PM

And one last spot before tomorrow hits!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=llXMHPOCjw0
Posted Image
Posted Image

#48 Destral

Destral

Petty Officer 3rd Class

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 09:32 PM

We now have a facebook page!

http://www.facebook....192069740838090

And more good news, I am finalizing the first part of Episode 3 as I type. All three parts will be released over the weekend as I make some final minute changes.

#49 barbreader

barbreader

Captain

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 09:56 PM

And now, Star Trek Reviewed links to your facebook page! http://startrekrevie...009/06/116.html
Posted Image

#50 Destral

Destral

Petty Officer 3rd Class

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 10:35 PM

Ladies and Gentlemen...I am proud to present Part 1 of Star Trek Red Squad Episode 3.

Edited by Destral, 14 April 2011 - 10:38 PM.

#51 Destral

Destral

Petty Officer 3rd Class

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 11:13 PM

Due to weather concerns in my area, Part 2 will probably be running a little late. I apologize for the unexpected inconvenience.

#52 Kirok

Kirok

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 12:18 AM

Due to weather concerns in my area, Part 2 will probably be running a little late. I apologize for the unexpected inconvenience.

Electrical storms? Better to delay than end up with a black and crispy 'puta!

K

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

#53 Kirok

Kirok

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 05:15 AM

Part 2 is now up on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm3n9LpscwQ

Looking good, guys!

Posted Image

#54 barbreader

barbreader

Captain

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 05:53 AM

How many parts in this episode?
Posted Image

#55 Kirok

Kirok

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:17 AM

How many parts in this episode?

three parts and by all accounts part three should be out in a day or so.

K

Posted Image

#56 Darkwing

Darkwing

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 07:50 AM

Uggh, I sound so sick in this. My voice has a tendency to go up when I talk sick. Oh well, Episode 4 should have better results on my part
Posted Image
Posted Image

#57 Destral

Destral

Petty Officer 3rd Class

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 07:53 PM

Sorry it took so long! Part 3 of Episode 3 is finally up after some trouble.

#58 Kirok

Kirok

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 04:51 AM

Sorry it took so long! Part 3 of Episode 3 is finally up after some trouble.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZOyMamq5ZE

Frag Fest! Woo Hoo!

Posted Image

#59 Darkwing

Darkwing

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 05:11 PM

Well, that's it for episode 3 (save the credits which I'm assuming Chris is gonna upload as a separate piece, cause they're made, I know, I did them :P )

But with episode 3, the work goes on, in fact it has to push on at a greater speed then before. The first draft of episode 4 has been written actually. There's a fair bit of re-writing and whatnot cause right now there's continuity errors, plot holes and head scratching moments, but overall, it has a pretty good direction, though if it keeps up this way, it's gonna be darker, like yeah darker.

Also, as promised, this episode will have character animation in it and for that reason, episode 4 is in some ways scaled way back. The amount of ships and characters in this will be less then episode 3 (the primary focus is on Davids, Henderson and Deitrix). There's of course been lessons learned from episode 3 and Episode 4 is going to be approached in a much more serious and organized manner then before. However, on top of that, where I'm putting in a fairly large contribution to this episode (including producing, writing, character animating and maybe even some of the editing) I actually have four months as I begin university in September. Of course we've no idea what we're looking at for a release date, it would be great to have it finished by September, but that's only four months really so it's unlikely it'll be done by then.

But yeah, that's a brief update, of course we have our spiffy new Facebook page which we keep pretty much up to date.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#60 Kirok

Kirok

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 07:12 AM

Well, that's it for episode 3 (save the credits which I'm assuming Chris is gonna upload as a separate piece, cause they're made, I know, I did them :P )

Overall, I'm pleasantly surprised. The idea of a voice track over external shots of ships threw me a bit when it was first suggested but it actually works quite well when you rationalise it as ship to ship or coms traffic. You had some good deliveries but the quality of the audio was poor in some cases - you need to get your script out early to give yourself the time to send lines back to the VAs if it doesn't come up to scratch.

Sounds like episode four will lift the bar even more!

Go for it!

K

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users