Photo

"Star Trek:Deep space nine" love or hate.

16 replies to this topic

Poll: "Star Trek:Deep space nine" love or hate. (18 member(s) have cast votes)

you love this series or hate?

1. of course i very love. (16 votes [88.89%])

Percentage of vote: 88.89%

2. me like. (1 votes [5.56%])

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

3. i hate. (1 votes [5.56%])

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,631 posts
  • Location:Galaxy-alpha quadrant-sector 001-Earth-Russian Federation.

Posted 24 September 2010 - 03:54 AM

Strange quastions. Of course i love this series. In this series have excellent personages, some Odo and Quark. Me like dark side story federation planet. I enjoy, whatch this series. Very love this dominion story( 3-7 seasons). But cardassion line with first to two seasons me too like.

You too like this series?

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Irene Brustad

Irene Brustad

Fleet Captain

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 06:45 AM

I didn't exactly hate it, but I didn't like either, so I had to chose the "I hate it"-option. What bothered me most about DS9 was the Captain and i didn't like many of the other characters either... Odo, Jadzia and Quark were good characters and I liked the episode "Rejoined". :naughty3dg:

Posted Image

#3 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,631 posts
  • Location:Galaxy-alpha quadrant-sector 001-Earth-Russian Federation.

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:18 AM

Why i love this series? Because:

1-epic story about federation vs dominion.
2- excellent episodes, some "Way of the warrior".
3- beautiful view station "DS9".
4- good heroes: captain Sisco, Julian Bashir.
5 and too- this dramatic story in series, some episode "The Jem'Hadar".

I like episode "What you live behind".

Posted Image

Edited by Martok, 24 September 2010 - 08:19 AM.

#4 maneth

maneth

GBBS Moderator

• Members
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 03:48 AM

I loved it. It was my favorite Trek for a very long time, only slightly surpassed by Enterprise.

Great characters, great writing, great story.

Posted Image
Live long and prosper

#5 mike3775

mike3775

3rd Year Cadet

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 09:27 PM

This is my favorite Trek series period

The series had AWESOME character progression from the first season to the last. You actually got to know these characters way more than you did on any other series, plus it didn't have a know it all zit faced teenager saving the day all the time :)
"To the best crew any captain ever had. This may be the last time we're all together. But no matter what the future holds, no matter how far we travel, a part of us... a very important part, will always remain here, on Deep Space 9." - Benjamin Sisko, what we leave behind

#6 dsgtdave

dsgtdave

2nd Year Cadet

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 07:46 PM

Believe it or not I have not watched the show. I have season one coming on Netflix. Hope to have an opinion soon! :D

#7 st4ever

st4ever

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 09:27 PM

Hands down DS9 is my favorite Trek, period, more than any other series or movies (except Wrath of Khan). I felt it had the best stories, writing, characters, and action. It started out a little weak in season 1 but I think it grew more than any other series by its final season. It held onto a lot of the things that made Star Trek, Star Trek, but added in a lot more gray and brought a sort of soap opera drama (in a good way) that glued the series together more than TNG or even TOS before it...all IMHO.

"If there's no Star Trek in heaven, I must have ended up in the other place." ~ me

#8 Shawn O'Neal

Shawn O'Neal

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:20 AM

I love DS9 to date there has been no better Trek series.

#9 Greystone

Greystone

Master Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:37 PM

I didn't really care for DS9 in the beginning. I dipped into it at the behest of a friend. I didn't like the characters. Bashir was a real stumbling block but when I saw Past Tense he really came into his own, as did Sisko, I began to take them seriously. I didn't really get into the series until the Jem Hadar and from season 4 I was hooked. DS9 is now my favourite period in Trek history. I love the characters, the brooding menace of Sisko, the depth these characters have been given. Before DS9 I hated the Ferengi, but Quark, Rom and Nog are awesome characters. I love the history of the fact that both O'Brien and Worf served on the Enterprise... DS9 is a well crafted piece of work.

#10 jonathan

jonathan

Lieutenant Commander

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 12:35 AM

I really loved this series cause there was so much action and so many space battles with lots of ships which I love so much. The Dominion were an awesome force to reckon with and tough bunch to beat down.

#11 Coffee

Coffee

3rd Year Cadet

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:09 AM

I like the series.

It was the only series to feature a Station instead of a Ship, and it was Non-Federation construction.

Each series had something that made it a little different from the next. Enterprise was the first StarFleet vessel, Star Trek was the original one aired and with the ship title NCC, Next Generation was the experience of the crew of the Enterprise (If you count the movies, C through E), and Voyager was sent to the farthest part of the galaxy.
Forget the Leader. Take me to your coffeemaker!

#12 HadassahJoy

HadassahJoy

Crewman 2nd Class

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:46 PM

I love this shoe :D best show ever :clap: :cheers: :ferengi:
Posted Image

#13 Firdaus

Firdaus

4th Year Cadet

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:23 AM

I didn't exactly hate it, but I didn't like either, so I had to chose the "I hate it"-option. What bothered me most about DS9 was the Captain and i didn't like many of the other characters either... Odo, Jadzia and Quark were good characters and I liked the episode "Rejoined". :naughty3dg:

Posted Image

I just hated the way Capt Sisko like to pause when he talks.... really irritating.

I love this shoe :D best show ever :clap: :cheers: :ferengi:

I thought I'm the only Ferrengi lover.... I love to be friends with Quark and Rom ... Talk business with Quark all day....drinking...with Rom we can fiddle with all the engineering stuff. Nog.... ? I don't know.... Perhaps discuss how to shuffle resources....

#14 RB_Kandy

RB_Kandy

2nd Year Cadet

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:38 PM

DS9 was either my favorite, or my second favorite (TOS being the other).
DS9 was such a well written show that even if you weren't a big star trek fan, you could still really enjoy the show. It was more character driven than the others. And it had Quark!

#15 Ezri Dax

Ezri Dax

Captain

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:51 AM

Posted Image

Strange that women trekkies do not really have a problem with two women being lovers.

#16 dominion_ruler

dominion_ruler

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:41 AM

Strange that women trekkies do not really have a problem with two women being lovers.

DS9 is really something special. I hate sounding pessimistic, but no Star Trek series will ever be as good. This one really had everything and then some. Maybe it began slow, but each season got so much better and the writing and stories were very smart and thought provoking. Combined with humor, fun characters, and awesome action...it just doesn't get any better.

Posted Image

#17 Ezri Dax

Ezri Dax

Captain

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:10 PM

DS9 is really something special. I hate sounding pessimistic, but no Star Trek series will ever be as good. This one really had everything and then some. Maybe it began slow, but each season got so much better and the writing and stories were very smart and thought provoking. Combined with humor, fun characters, and awesome action...it just doesn't get any better.

I have to agree. If I am right, DS9 had a bigger budget and had the will to break from the norm to a point that it was not going to upset the fans. The reason I feel it was ok to have two women kissing on DS9, as it was only going to be a single show. If it was TNG, I do not see Troi or Crusher willing to do that with anyone. Or, with Enterprise, as there was really only the two women on the show all the time. True, there was that woman but that was designed as a assult and nothing other than that.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users