New England Conventions

3 replies to this topic

#1 Coffee

Coffee

3rd Year Cadet

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:36 PM

I not sure if there are a lot of Star Trek events in New England. I only remember one event, but that was a long, long time ago and it was small.

I also noticed in the other sections that there are no GEO offices in the New England area.

I think I am way past the Federation boarders or everyone is hiding.
Forget the Leader. Take me to your coffeemaker!

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

TU Forum Manager - Resident killjoy

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,611 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 10:21 PM

Bill should be able to help you there as he is a regular to the New England shows. I know there is at least one or two in the spring.
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#3 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,051 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:22 AM

Here in New England Conventions seem to be scarce. I usually find out about some of the smaller ones after the fact.

There are a couple coming up on November.

One that I usually frequent because of its low price and convenience to get to is
Boston SuperMegafest in Framingham, MA

Guests include Counselor Troi, Marina Sirtis.

Star Trek III's Commander Kluge, aka Christopher Lloyd and Lea Thompson Back to The Future 25th Anniv. Reunion.

Karen Allan from Raiders of the Lost Ark and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

Many other guests as well from various genres.

Info at http://www.supermegafest.com/

The other is the former United Fan Con, now called the New England Fan Experience.
Upon checking their site this morning it has been canceled this year and will return in 2011.

The NorthEast GEO4 has been folded into GEO6 not a lot of activity in New England unfortunately at this time.
I do keep an eye out, and have found some new people heavy into Trek and SciFi.

Hope that helps a little.

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#4 Coffee

Coffee

3rd Year Cadet

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:32 PM

What I am about to say will make me sound like a Ferengi or someone who works for one. I many have a problem with Star Trek events due to location, location, location and timing. Anything close to the Holidays and my boss will not let me take the time off and if it is outside of Connecticut, then it be harder to get the time off to actual enjoy the event. I will keep on looking.
Forget the Leader. Take me to your coffeemaker!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users