Aussie Cubbyhouse Part 9

794 replies to this topic

#761 paulinem

paulinem

Connortator Extraordinaire...

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:50 PM

Hmmm... didn't know about the meteors, AT! Thanks for that. Yup, I think you pretty much covered it all...

You know, Elf, I haven't heard anything about a deputy! How interesting, though reading the news yesterday it looks like Newman will win. Geez, it's been a very dirty campaign! I'm glad that I don't get free TV, so I don't have to suffer through it.

No, we're not having any major flooding, flash flooding yes, but nothing like last year, well not right now. It was like that in Jan/Feb, but it seems to be drifting south.

I'm enjoying the nice cool day we're getting, I think I'm over the humidity of summer, can't wait for the cooler weather. I never thought I'd be saying that, but I think it's because I loved Germany sooo much that I wouldn't mind the cold days as a reminder.

Posted Image

Persistence, Patience and Perseverance Pays Off!

(practice makes perfect)

#762 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

The Amateur Internet Radio DJ

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:21 PM

The ALP radio ads are particularly nasty, the ones where they suggest Newman is up himself for calling himself 'Can Do' and they blast him for the bicycles in Brisbane and Clem 7 tunnel etc, you know a side is desperate when they go after the person and not the main objective which is presenting a plan for the state.

Jeff Seeney is the Parlimentary leader of the LNP, but people want Springborg just in case Newman doesn't win Ashgrove, I just hope the people of Ashgrove vote in Newman all he has to do is stay on message and victory is his, the ALP will be hoping he makes a verbal mistake or two that will erode confidence in Newman and the LNP, the needs of the many are going to be determined by the opinions of few on Saturday night it will be interesting to see.

#763 paulinem

paulinem

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:51 PM

From what I glanced at this morning, it looks like Newman will win his seat, which I believe is a good thing. One party in power for over 10 years is not good. They get stale, with stale ideas, and too used to the creature comforts. Just my opinion, though!

Looks like we're about to have a downpour here. It gets highly frustrating with the weather like this - one minute it's raining, the next its not, makes going for a walk a problem.

Posted Image

(practice makes perfect)

#764 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:10 PM

The ALP are now making ads saying the LNP will win and are begging Queenslanders to not give the LNP too many seats, it's a kind of a please don't take all our jobs away strategy.

I would hate to be part of a Government in it's ending days, it must feel awful sitting around knowing defeat will come, packing everything up, not knowing how many will be left at the end of it all and then most likely the leader resigns and have to pick a new leader and then figure out a way to be back in the hunt by the next election, on the bright side for the losing team they won't go empty handed with all the perks you get post office.

#765 paulinem

paulinem

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:45 PM

Well, there ya go, then! Queensland is finally under new management. I really do hope that Can Do, Will Do!

Anyhoo, it's such a beautiful day, I would love to go for a walk but I've been sick (have bucket safely on hand), so I don't think I'll be doing much at all.

Hope everyone is well!?

Posted Image

(practice makes perfect)

#766 Elf

Elf

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 4,443 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:14 AM

It seems that one by one, the states are voting in new Governments.

The ALP are now making ads saying the LNP will win and are begging Queenslanders to not give the LNP too many seats, it's a kind of a please don't take all our jobs away strategy.

The LNP had a landslide victory. I don't think another party in QLD has won more seats then the LNP has. I heard on the radio yesterday, the DJ read a comment from the local paper which read...." my car has more seats than the Labor party "

Pauline, I hope you are feeling better now. :doctor:
"Give me your boot." "What for?"
"So I can squash it." "Are we allowed to squash alien life forms?"
"If they're inside your sleeping bag. There it is. Wait a minute. Where'd you put the phase pistols?"
"You wanna shoot a bug?"
"I'm just gonna stun it."- Tucker and Mayweather

#767 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:54 AM

It was amazing to watch the count on Sky News the LNP total skyrocketed, the LNP were very smart not engaging in mud slinging.

Anna Bligh broke one last promise, she promised to stay as MP but quit two days later, i feel sorry for South Brisbane having to vote again.

#768 mlaz

mlaz

blisfully clueless

• Members
  • 10,334 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:06 PM

shows you cant trust any politician AT

Anyhoo, it's such a beautiful day, I would love to go for a walk but I've been sick (have bucket safely on hand), so I don't think I'll be doing much at all.

Hope everyone is well!?

Hope you get well soon Pauline. Feeling sick is no fun at all aspecialy if you have to keep the bucket on hand. I have this odd rash all over my body that itches like crazy. The medics think its from the new meds. But I have to finish the thing... still 5 days to go.
Hope the forcast is wrong.. they say its going to snow again. I want summer and a bit of sun would do me good
"Tell me and I'll forget, Show me and I might remember, Involve me and I'll understand"
Posted Image . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Posted Image
"I believe in humanity. We are an incredible species. We're still just a child creature, we're still being nasty to each other, all children go through those phases. We're growing up, we're moving into adolescence now. When we grow up,man,we're going to be something!"Gene Roddenberry 9/4/85

#769 paulinem

paulinem

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:43 PM

Thanks, mlaz! I'm staring to get on top of things now.

How's everyone's week been?

I've been busy, but it's all been good, for the most part.

With Easter approaching, let me wish you all a safe and Happy one! Remember now, not too many choccies...

Posted Image

(practice makes perfect)

#770 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:08 AM

I didn't even know Easter was approaching until the Monday before it, I saw Eggs etc in shops when I got my glasses but you know how it is when one season ends, another starts selling and i thought it was weeks away since I don't look at a calander often just go by reading people's statuses to know what day it is (Monday everyone gloomy so on and so forth), still it is nice to have some choc anytime for it either it helps you health wise or help kills you depends which study you take.

I am glad AFL season is up and running, something to watch for some reason I am watching all Giants, Suns, Saints and Demons matches but on the bright side it gets me off the computer, what can I say I just love Aussie Rules Football, though AFL and NRL football are pretty much the death knell for YTT which didn't make the Top 20 Friday shows for the first time.

#771 Elf

Elf

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 4,443 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:41 PM

It is Anzac Day in Oz.

They shall not grow old, as we that are left grow old, age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, we will remember them.

Lest we forget.
"If they're inside your sleeping bag. There it is. Wait a minute. Where'd you put the phase pistols?"
"You wanna shoot a bug?"

#772 trekzone

trekzone

Commodore

• Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:46 PM

Lest We Forget.

Hi everyone, sorry I've been away for a while - been busy in "the real world"!

TREKZONE.org pays tribute to our diggers.

On the front page, on the home page and in this special news article.

Also, the SciFi sector is back!! Check out it's episode section here - I was at Supanova last weekend and got some great interviews! (ooh, and Star Trek: Eternal Night is coming back on May 2, check it out here!)

Edited by trekzone, 24 April 2012 - 11:47 PM.

#773 paulinem

paulinem

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:09 PM

Wow, it's been a while! How is everyone? At the moment I'm chilling in the backyard trying to do some writing. Not happening! Hmm, think I might go up to the shops instead.

Posted Image

(practice makes perfect)

#774 Elf

Elf

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 4,443 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:15 AM

I am good. It is raining here, so I am not chilling in the backyard. Besides it is night time and a bit :cold:.
"You wanna shoot a bug?"

#775 paulinem

paulinem

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:06 PM

How's the Aussie contingent? It's starting to settle into winter here now. Funny thing, having experienced winter in Germany, I'm not really feeling the cold. I think once you go through -18 anything else seems warm!

Posted Image

(practice makes perfect)

#776 paulinem

paulinem

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:22 AM

Sorry 'bout the double post, but I just have to say...

Go The Mighty Maroons! Posted Image Posted Image

Okay, so I'm not sorry at all! Posted Image

Posted Image

(practice makes perfect)

#777 paulinem

paulinem

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:10 PM

Oi! Where's the Aussie contingent? Hope everyone is well?

Posted Image

(practice makes perfect)

#778 Elf

Elf

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 4,443 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:22 PM

Anyone watching Bathurst?
"You wanna shoot a bug?"

#779 paulinem

paulinem

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:11 PM

Hi! Posted Image

Jeez, it's been quiet around here!

*pours Elf a whisky*

How ya doing, Elf? No, I don't watch the races.

Hasn't the weather been insane lately? One day we're up around 36deg, next it's snowing! Wow!

Anyhoo, gotta clean up the mess that the winds left the other day. Such a lovely day today, too.

Posted Image

(practice makes perfect)

#780 Elf

Elf

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 4,443 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:01 PM

Hi :wave:

*drinks whiskey* Thanks.

I am doing ok. I only saw bits of Bathurst. I did see the end of the race.

The weather hasn't been to bad down here but I did read reports of snow in NSW. When it is snowing up there, think you are in Germany again. :P

We had strong winds here a few weeks back and part of a fairly large tree blew down just past the back fence.
"You wanna shoot a bug?"

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users