Aussie Cubbyhouse Part 9

794 replies to this topic

#741 mlaz

mlaz

blisfully clueless

• Members
  • 10,334 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:03 AM

your going to be in Lionesses town Munich. To bad she does not come her anymore otherwise she would give you great tips. I wonder if the olympic stadion and stuff is still there. I visited that as a child during the olimpics.
Its a great modern city, so you will be able to comunicate more easely there.
"Tell me and I'll forget, Show me and I might remember, Involve me and I'll understand"
Posted Image . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Posted Image
"I believe in humanity. We are an incredible species. We're still just a child creature, we're still being nasty to each other, all children go through those phases. We're growing up, we're moving into adolescence now. When we grow up,man,we're going to be something!"Gene Roddenberry 9/4/85

#742 paulinem

paulinem

Connortator Extraordinaire...

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:34 AM

Munich was lovely, though the smell that greeted us at the train station left something to be desired!

Well, we're heading home in 4 days, I'll be sad to go, but happy to be in my own bed. Hmm... what's the weather like in Brissy?

Anyhoo, sis want's to go out for coffee, I really don't feel like walking for half an hour, but I guess I will.

Catch ya all soon!

Posted Image

Persistence, Patience and Perseverance Pays Off!

(practice makes perfect)

#743 trekzone

trekzone

Commodore

• Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:39 AM

hey pauline... Sorry, I've been busy while you've been away... Looks like you're having a blast!! I released a new ep of Eternal Night on Wednesday...that makes 3 now!

And, excitingly I'm a step closer to casting Evie!

weather wise, warm days...not too humid. Has been a couple of storms since you've been gone...nothing major though...

election gets "called" on Sunday, that's when those pesky ads will start!

Edited by trekzone, 17 February 2012 - 05:41 AM.

#744 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

The Amateur Internet Radio DJ

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:12 PM

I think the ALP will be annihilated across the country, they seem to be very ignorant of the people's wants and those Independents voted for them based on 'Stability' but what stability???? The rest of the world must be laughing at what is going o.

#745 mlaz

mlaz

blisfully clueless

• Members
  • 10,334 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:58 AM

AT we mess up way to many things ourselfs to be making fun of others.

Not that I can speak on behalf of all the rest of the world. :rolleyes:
"Tell me and I'll forget, Show me and I might remember, Involve me and I'll understand"
Posted Image . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Posted Image
"I believe in humanity. We are an incredible species. We're still just a child creature, we're still being nasty to each other, all children go through those phases. We're growing up, we're moving into adolescence now. When we grow up,man,we're going to be something!"Gene Roddenberry 9/4/85

#746 paulinem

paulinem

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:32 PM

I is back! I is tired! I may go back to bed! Hmm... now that's a way to avoid all the politics! Posted Image

How is everyone?

Posted Image

(practice makes perfect)

#747 trekzone

trekzone

Commodore

• Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:09 PM

welcome back Pauline!!! I hope you had a blast!

Here's something I prepared earlier...

#748 Elf

Elf

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:26 AM

Munich was lovely, though the smell that greeted us at the train station left something to be desired!

Was the olympic stadium still there? I have read that so many olympic stadiums and buildings where left to ruin after the games have finished.

I is back! I is tired! I may go back to bed! Hmm... now that's a way to avoid all the politics! Posted Image

How is everyone?

Unless you dream about politics :D

I am ok.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoQKUXEJjRU&feature=colike

Cool video.
"Give me your boot." "What for?"
"So I can squash it." "Are we allowed to squash alien life forms?"
"If they're inside your sleeping bag. There it is. Wait a minute. Where'd you put the phase pistols?"
"You wanna shoot a bug?"
"I'm just gonna stun it."- Tucker and Mayweather

#749 paulinem

paulinem

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:04 PM

Was the olympic stadium still there? I have read that so many olympic stadiums and buildings where left to ruin after the games have finished.

I didn't see it, but that doesn't mean much. By the time we found some place to have lunch, then eat, we didn't have a lot of time to look around Munich.

Unless you dream about politics :D

Posted Image That's the last thing I need! Posted Image

I am ok.

Hmm... just okay?

Cool video.

When my body decides it's had enough sleep, I will catch up on your vids, TrekZone!

Posted Image

(practice makes perfect)

#750 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:09 AM

Rudd loses leadership ballot to the anger of the people, Gillard said Australians have had a gutful of the leadership battle, strange I thought the country had a gutful of her.

Honestly in the last week, I don't think I saw a poll in her favor in the newspapers, either we the public are wrong or the 72 ALP MP's are wrong, we'll see in 18 months time.

#751 mlaz

mlaz

blisfully clueless

• Members
  • 10,334 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:37 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoQKUXEJjRU&feature=colike

:buttrock:

Stadium is still there, other things too, but loads are gone too. Was there at the games and visited it some time ago, it was kind of odd seeing things as a grown up.

#752 paulinem

paulinem

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:59 PM

Rudd loses leadership ballot to the anger of the people, Gillard said Australians have had a gutful of the leadership battle, strange I thought the country had a gutful of her.

Honestly in the last week, I don't think I saw a poll in her favor in the newspapers, either we the public are wrong or the 72 ALP MP's are wrong, we'll see in 18 months time.

Yeah, surprised me as well! I think the 72 MP's go it wrong! I guess we will see in 18 months.

They're predicting hot weather by the end of this week. Don't think I'm looking forward to that after spending 3 weeks in freezing conditions. I'll have to think ahead and find me some cool spots to hide out in.

Posted Image

(practice makes perfect)

#753 mlaz

mlaz

blisfully clueless

• Members
  • 10,334 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:01 PM

Oh Pauline send some warmth this way, its rainy, cold and foggy, makes the days way to dark, the snow was better, it made bright light days..

#754 Elf

Elf

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:55 AM

NSW, VIC and SA are getting rather wet. http://www.abc.net.a...96?WT.svl=news1

I think the ALP will loose the next federal election......unless they do a number of things that are very popular with the public.

Edited by Elf, 01 March 2012 - 09:08 AM.

"If they're inside your sleeping bag. There it is. Wait a minute. Where'd you put the phase pistols?"
"You wanna shoot a bug?"

#755 paulinem

paulinem

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:55 PM

Ooo... mlaz! I love it when it gets foggy! I'm finding I'm actually missing the snow.

Elf, we seem to be missing that barrage of rain for a change. In fact, my BIL's water tank is now empty, just as well it's only used for the garden.

Nice quiet weekend, got part 1 of ep 19 done, now I hope to get some writing done. Jet lag has stopped me from doing most things in the last week and a bit, but I'm starting to feel a lot better. Now all I need is for my rib to heal.

Posted Image

(practice makes perfect)

#756 paulinem

paulinem

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:04 PM

How's the Aussie contingent? Been a while, so I hope everyone is doing okay.

Nice drop of rain this morning, water tank needs refilling so it's come at a good time.

Posted Image

(practice makes perfect)

#757 Elf

Elf

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:31 AM

How's the Aussie contingent? Been a while, so I hope everyone is doing okay.

Nice drop of rain this morning, water tank needs refilling so it's come at a good time.

I guess you would be on tank water in the mountains. We didn't get any rain.
"You wanna shoot a bug?"

#758 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:35 PM

Well I found out I'm not on the electoral roll, I thought I was but typed in my details and everyone else's came up except mine so I am skipping the state election it seems, what a nasty campaign it has been too must say Mr Newman has been the most beat up leader in history however I do think it's poor strategy to not have a Plan B if Newman doesn't win the seat of Ashgrove and the LNP wins the election overall, the situation reminds me about two or three ago when the Libs and the Nats teamed up for the first time and Springborg and Flegg were leaders and they were stumped on the question on who leads if they win, they came up with the dud idea that whoever's party had the most seats their leader be Premier, so I think Mr Newman better make a Plan B and get to work otherwise Bligh will win an election nobody really wants her to win but must vote for because there is no choice.

I think this country is going through a weird time, the A-League is in crisis, Nobody likes the Federal Government, hardly anyone likes the QLD Government, the QLD Opposition seems lost, Australia is not in the Olympics for Soccer, Eccelstone threatening again to take away the Grand Prix, flooding in many areas, Bob Katter angering people (but that's nothing new), rainy days followed by hot days and Meteors flying over Victoria, have I missed anything?.

#759 mlaz

mlaz

blisfully clueless

• Members
  • 10,334 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:37 PM

It seems elections are odd things everywhere.
Meanwhile I am sitting outside in the sun, spring is defenetly comming.
Spring flowers are peaking their heads above ground, I saw some patches of daffodils and crocus bravely colouring the lawn.

#760 Elf

Elf

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:14 AM

Well I found out I'm not on the electoral roll, I thought I was but typed in my details and everyone else's came up except mine so I am skipping the state election it seems, what a nasty campaign it has been too must say Mr Newman has been the most beat up leader in history however I do think it's poor strategy to not have a Plan B if Newman doesn't win the seat of Ashgrove and the LNP wins the election overall, the situation reminds me about two or three ago when the Libs and the Nats teamed up for the first time and Springborg and Flegg were leaders and they were stumped on the question on who leads if they win, they came up with the dud idea that whoever's party had the most seats their leader be Premier, so I think Mr Newman better make a Plan B and get to work otherwise Bligh will win an election nobody really wants her to win but must vote for because there is no choice.

Didn't you vote in the Federal election?
Mr Newman doesn't have a deputy leader? I would have thought is Mr Newman doesn't win the seat of Ashgrove and the LNP win then the deputy leader becomes Premier :unsure:

I think this country is going through a weird time, the A-League is in crisis, Nobody likes the Federal Government, hardly anyone likes the QLD Government, the QLD Opposition seems lost, Australia is not in the Olympics for Soccer, Eccelstone threatening again to take away the Grand Prix, flooding in many areas, Bob Katter angering people (but that's nothing new), rainy days followed by hot days and Meteors flying over Victoria, have I missed anything?.

Few people like the TAS Government at the moment. We don't get to vote them out until next year.

Is there more flooding than there where in the past, or is it just been reported more?
"You wanna shoot a bug?"

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users