Photo

Aussie Cubbyhouse Part 9

794 replies to this topic

#41 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

The Amateur Internet Radio DJ

• Members
  • 7,133 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica, Aussie Rules Football, TheFuzz Radio

Posted 02 October 2010 - 08:20 PM

Must of had enough sleep to get Enterprise S5 out onto Youtube, nice to see the beginnings of Episode 10, best fan production going around and I should download all the videos from Youtube and watch them on the projector instead of just seeing them on the computer.

#42 paulinem

paulinem

Connortator Extraordinaire...

• Members
  • 4,636 posts
  • Interests:Family, friends, Enterprise, Kayaking and walking and, oops almost forgot SG:sg1

Posted 03 October 2010 - 05:48 PM

Thanks, AT!

Actually, I was surprised that I got it done at all, I only got about 2 hours sleep! Yeah, long story! I still feel like I'm walking through mud...

Gotta pop out soon to go get some food, since I was away for most of the weekend.

Finally... We have a LOVELY SUNNY DAY!!! [img]http://www.trekunited.com/community/public/style_emoticons/default/clap.gif[/img]

Posted Image

Persistence, Patience and Perseverance Pays Off!

(practice makes perfect)

#43 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

• Members
  • 7,133 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica, Aussie Rules Football, TheFuzz Radio

Posted 03 October 2010 - 07:04 PM

Dang my TU:AUS shirt is unthreading on the logo, hopefully it stays intact for todays Youtube show on the bright side I got a second one ordered

#44 trekzone

trekzone

Commodore

• Members
  • 596 posts
  • Interests:TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT, SG1, SGA, SGU, TV

Posted 05 October 2010 - 03:00 AM

hey guys ... finally, back at work!!

i have a question about the TREKZONE.org site design... would you prefer text in Arial (standard font) or design it completley like a Star Trek PADD ? (ie, have the whole site like the temp page [url="http://www.trekzone.org/"]here[/url]...?

#45 Elf

Elf

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 4,443 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Doctor Who, Stargate, Computers, Family and Friends.

Posted 05 October 2010 - 05:22 AM

[quote name='trekzone' date='05 October 2010 - 03:58 PM' timestamp='1286265648' post='789212']
i have a question about the TREKZONE.org site design... would you prefer text in Arial (standard font) or design it completley like a Star Trek PADD ? (ie, have the whole site like the temp page [url="http://www.trekzone.org/"]here[/url]...?
[/quote]
With a lot of text it could be hard to read. The words seem to be bunched together.
"Give me your boot." "What for?"
"So I can squash it." "Are we allowed to squash alien life forms?"
"If they're inside your sleeping bag. There it is. Wait a minute. Where'd you put the phase pistols?"
"You wanna shoot a bug?"
"I'm just gonna stun it."- Tucker and Mayweather

#46 trekzone

trekzone

Commodore

• Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 06:07 AM

[quote name='Elf' date='05 October 2010 - 04:20 PM' timestamp='1286274123' post='789213']
With a lot of text it could be hard to read. The words seem to be bunched together.
[/quote]

hmm, that was my thoughts ... but I can increase the spacing between the letters & words... hmm, might mock it up and seek opinions /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

#47 paulinem

paulinem

• Members
  • 4,636 posts
  • Interests:Family, friends, Enterprise, Kayaking and walking and, oops almost forgot SG:sg1

Posted 05 October 2010 - 06:38 PM

I'd have to agree... I tried it this phrase out: [size="2"]This padd is locked out for upgrade... using [/size][size="2"]small caps with 1pt spaceing, it made it look a lot cripsper, pity it wont post!
[/size]
Anyhoo, I've had a busy morning, better get back to it!

Posted Image

(practice makes perfect)

#48 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 07:36 PM

I don't have an opinion, I just like reading no matter the font used.

#49 paulinem

paulinem

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:10 PM

The Aussie contingent seems to have gone AWOL!!!

Lord, I can speak...

Anyhoo, how is everyone? Is anyone watching the Commonwealth Games? I haven't been motivated to watch it this time round!

I don't know about Tassie, Elf, but Sunny Qld is far from sunny today! Yuk!!! Actually, the wind is trying to blow my front door open!!!

Okay, back to doing what I was doing...

Posted Image

(practice makes perfect)

#50 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 01:22 AM

I don't think anybody is really seriously watching the Commonwealth Games here or over there, I been watching bits and pieces it looks like once again we are the best in the Commonwealth by a fair margin and also that Geoff Huegill is back in top form again even swimming faster than he did in the 2000 Sydney Olympics, wonder if he'll go to London 2012.

Anyhow this weather is miserable but it beats that humid conditions we had days ago before that storm hit SE QLD, it got really close being woken up by the rumble of thunder and then a few minutes later a bright white flash signalled that the storm had arrived in town and now it is just plain cold.

#51 paulinem

paulinem

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 06:25 PM

I didn't realise that Geoff was back! Glad to hear he's doing well... Wasn't there someone else who came out of retirement to compete again?

AT, I'm seriously over this weather. If the sun doesn't come out soon... [img]http://www.trekunited.com/community/public/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif[/img]

Okay, I need breakky...

Posted Image

(practice makes perfect)

#52 trekzone

trekzone

Commodore

• Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:49 PM

[quote name='paulinem' date='10 October 2010 - 05:23 AM' timestamp='1286666710' post='789472']AT, I'm seriously over this weather. If the sun doesn't come out soon... [img]http://www.trekunited.com/community/public/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif[/img] [/quote]
I'm lovin' it!!

[quote]Okay, I need breakky...[/quote]
Just went to the QANTAS lounge to see my sister and her family off (their back to Perth) ... love a free breaky!

#53 trekzone

trekzone

Commodore

• Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 02:42 AM

i've got a design for TREKZONE.org, will upload it tonight after work for feedback /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />...I like it..

#54 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 05:45 AM

You love the 20 degree, windy, cold weather? there's a place called Melbourne that specializes in that weather most of the time not SE QLD, at least the temps will rise again they are saying 29 degrees by Thursday which is good news looking forward to seeing my vegies grow once the sunlight kicks in.

It was so cold that the plan to spend today outside was scrapped in favour of just watching the Bathurst 1000 on TV start to finish eating snacks along the way, wasn't an exactly thrilling race from the early going it was obvious Triple 8 Racing were going to finish 1-2 but which order was the question.

#55 trekzone

trekzone

Commodore

• Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 07:11 AM

[quote name='Aussie Trekkie' date='10 October 2010 - 04:43 PM' timestamp='1286707507' post='789497']
You love the 20 degree, windy, cold weather? there's a place called Melbourne that specializes in that weather most of the time not SE QLD, at least the temps will rise again they are saying 29 degrees by Thursday which is good news looking forward to seeing my vegies grow once the sunlight kicks in.

It was so cold that the plan to spend today outside was scrapped in favour of just watching the Bathurst 1000 on TV start to finish eating snacks along the way, wasn't an exactly thrilling race from the early going it was obvious Triple 8 Racing were going to finish 1-2 but which order was the question.
[/quote]

Yeah, I like summer just as much too /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />.

#56 Elf

Elf

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 4,443 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Doctor Who, Stargate, Computers, Family and Friends.

Posted 10 October 2010 - 08:28 AM

[quote name='paulinem' date='09 October 2010 - 11:08 AM' timestamp='1286593815' post='789422']
The Aussie contingent seems to have gone AWOL!!!

Lord, I can speak...

Anyhoo, how is everyone? Is anyone watching the Commonwealth Games? I haven't been motivated to watch it this time round!

I don't know about Tassie, Elf, but Sunny Qld is far from sunny today! Yuk!!! Actually, the wind is trying to blow my front door open!!!
[/quote]
I guess I was one of the contingent that went AWOL.

I am a bit tired. After working for 6 hours then after getting home and changed, drove for 80 minutes to a friends place for a birthday party. Drank some wine. Went to bed at 2am, all the kids (mine and theirs) woke us up at 7am. After spending most of the day there we drove home and arrived at 11pm. Time for bed I think.

We have had some sunny days, cloudy days and a few rainy days.

[quote name='Aussie Trekkie' date='09 October 2010 - 02:20 PM' timestamp='1286605339' post='789434']
I don't think anybody is really seriously watching the Commonwealth Games here or over there, I been watching bits and pieces it looks like once again we are the best in the Commonwealth by a fair margin and also that Geoff Huegill is back in top form again even swimming faster than he did in the 2000 Sydney Olympics, wonder if he'll go to London 2012.
[/quote]
So far I have only watched the swimming in the Commonwealth Games. Yes it looks like we are the best in the Commonwealth by a fair margin. We have 124 medals (59 Gold) and India who are in 2nd place has 68 medals (28 Gold). If England, Scotland and Wales competed as the UK they would be in 2nd spot with 125 medals (28 Gold).

[quote name='Aussie Trekkie' date='10 October 2010 - 06:43 PM' timestamp='1286707507' post='789497']
[/quote]
Yep, Craig Lowndes and Mark Skaife won the Bathurst 1000. I didn't see all the race but did see the crash on the first lap.

[quote name='trekzone' date='10 October 2010 - 08:09 PM' timestamp='1286712710' post='789498']
Yeah, I like summer just as much too /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />.
[/quote]
I like the summer more than winter.
"Give me your boot." "What for?"
"So I can squash it." "Are we allowed to squash alien life forms?"
"If they're inside your sleeping bag. There it is. Wait a minute. Where'd you put the phase pistols?"
"You wanna shoot a bug?"
"I'm just gonna stun it."- Tucker and Mayweather

#57 trekzone

trekzone

Commodore

• Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 11:41 AM

Hiya Elf /wave.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wave:' />.

Welp, designs are really taking shape now for the new look TREKZONE.org ... here is an animation I've spent the better part of 6 hours drawing up /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />.

[img]http://www.spmedia.com.au/sample.gif[/img]

(the new TZ will be a part of the fan fiction environment ... so this graphic is what is "going on" aboard ship /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />)

#58 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 05:36 PM

The lettering looks a little bunched up but it could be the small size of the example.

Wow what a downpour the last few hours, some water got in the garage and there was a few outdoor swimming pools in parts of the yard where gardens are bordered but it looks alright now but trenches are being dug around the garage to avoid a repeat, the previous owner seemed to like stones in the yard and it seems when it rains heavy keeps the water up therefore causing the problems so it is digging time

#59 paulinem

paulinem

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 06:10 PM

Okay...

So...

I.Am.Totally.Over.This.Weather! [img]http://www.trekunited.com/community/public/style_emoticons/default/fist.gif[/img]

I just checked the rainfall for the last hour and we've had over 116mls, god knows how much has fallen prior to that! Me thinks it's time to get the dingy out! Not that I have one...

It's rain hard and long enough that the road out front is starting to flood! [img]http://www.trekunited.com/community/public/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif[/img] But I'm sure it will be fine. It'll all roll over into the sea! [img]http://www.trekunited.com/community/public/style_emoticons/default/nod.gif[/img]

Hey, elf! [img]http://www.trekunited.com/community/public/style_emoticons/default/wave.gif[/img] I forgot that you also had a change in work hours too! How's that going, BTW?

Yeah, I agree with AT, Trekzone, the writing looks to be bunched up, but other than that, it looks cool so far! [img]http://www.trekunited.com/community/public/style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Okay, I have to make some phone calls, then I have to go out in this downpour... Not.Happy.Jan...

Posted Image

(practice makes perfect)

#60 trekzone

trekzone

Commodore

• Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 10:29 PM

[url="http://www.trekzone.org/oenpadd/padd/index.htm"]Operation: Eternal Night - first look[/url] /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> (the animation is now in context, it is designed to be smallish) (must stress ... no links work yet /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> )

Edited by trekzone, 10 October 2010 - 10:31 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users