794 replies to this topic

#21 trekzone

trekzone

Commodore

• Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 06:37 PM

Morning all...:).

I gotta ask though, how often is a draw going to come up? It is a good idea to avoid any team whinging about being disadvantaged!

I'll sit the waterslide out for at least another 2 weeks...

#22 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

The Amateur Internet Radio DJ

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 07:39 PM

The big problem is whether both sides will have full strength lineups, there is a lot of battered players and maybe a few are going to get reported but not expected to be suspended, the Saints have reportedly lost Michael Gardiner and he'll be replaced by Ben McEvoy who was originally dropped for the Grand Final but we'll see what happens.

#23 trekzone

trekzone

Commodore

• Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 07:42 PM

The big problem is whether both sides will have full strength lineups, there is a lot of battered players and maybe a few are going to get reported but not expected to be suspended, the Saints have reportedly lost Michael Gardiner and he'll be replaced by Ben McEvoy who was originally dropped for the Grand Final but we'll see what happens.

As I said...how often will this come up again? That's my reasoning :)

#24 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 12:56 AM

I don't think draws will be common in the future, the last 110 Grand Finals or so have produced just three draws but you know I would hate to be a side that loses if extra time is introduced because you are not defeated over four quarters but rather two five minute halves.

#25 trekzone

trekzone

Commodore

• Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 01:03 AM

I don't think draws will be common in the future, the last 110 Grand Finals or so have produced just three draws but you know I would hate to be a side that loses if extra time is introduced because you are not defeated over four quarters but rather two five minute halves.

Exactly....and thats probably the reason!!

#26 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 06:25 AM

It was an nervous wait waiting for last Saturday, it be just as nerve wracking this Saturday but hopefully the Saints don't let Collingwood jump ahead again and stop turning the ball over it was a joke in the second quarter the Saints kept kicking it to Collingwood players and they made the Saints pay but well by 5pm either it be entering a 45th year of premiership waiting for fans or the counter starts again.

#27 Elf

Elf

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 09:12 AM

The AFL are going to have extra time in the grand final this week in the event of a draw.
"Give me your boot." "What for?"
"So I can squash it." "Are we allowed to squash alien life forms?"
"If they're inside your sleeping bag. There it is. Wait a minute. Where'd you put the phase pistols?"
"You wanna shoot a bug?"
"I'm just gonna stun it."- Tucker and Mayweather

#28 Elf

Elf

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 09:33 AM

Draws won't be common in the future, but all the players are looking for a result and having played a game and not getting one they have to do it all again a week later.
"If they're inside your sleeping bag. There it is. Wait a minute. Where'd you put the phase pistols?"
"You wanna shoot a bug?"

#29 trekzone

trekzone

Commodore

• Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 05:37 PM

The AFL are going to have extra time in the grand final this week in the event of a draw.

That's correct. The grand final is the only one that is replayed ... then if it is a draw in game 2, then it is extra time (5 mins each way, then first point wins)

#30 paulinem

paulinem

Connortator Extraordinaire...

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 06:27 PM

I'll sit the waterslide out for at least another 2 weeks...

Don't worry, it'll be a few weeks before we pull the waterslide out. Mind you, today's quite warm...

I was glad to hear that the AFL is going to be using some of their windfall to provide tickets to those less fortunate, and that their charities will also benifit from the re-match...

Posted Image

Persistence, Patience and Perseverance Pays Off!

(practice makes perfect)

#31 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 06:29 PM

It's a big week for the AFL, a Grand Final replay, James Hird is the new Essendon coach, Geelong coach Mark Thompson is burnt out and Gary Ablett Jr is today reportedly Gold Coast bound

#32 paulinem

paulinem

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 06:26 PM

Did I see correctly on the news this morning that one player is being paid (or bought) for $9M... That's absurd...

Posted Image

(practice makes perfect)

#33 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 07:21 PM

Gary Ablett Jr, two time premiership player and a Brownlow Medalist at Geelong but I don't think it is 9 million because that is 25% of a team salary cap and you got to pay some 42 players in the team as well but he is worth a large sum of money.

#34 Elf

Elf

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 08:12 AM

Did I see correctly on the news this morning that one player is being paid (or bought) for $9M... That's absurd...

I saw that too. But as AT said $9M is 25% of the team salary cap. It's a lot to pay one player.

I just red this
"You wanna shoot a bug?"

#35 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 09:07 AM

I don't blame Mark Thompson being burnt out, the Cats been in many finals campaigns in his decade of coaching including three of the last four Grand Finals and then the whole Ablett saga since last December would wear anybody down.

The big shock of the week is James Hird being appointed coach of Essendon, he's just not qualified to be coach he was running a sports business until a few days ago but no doubt he'll be assisted by able coaches as he gains experience and should be right by 2013 assuming he don't get the boot first.

#36 paulinem

paulinem

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 07:23 PM

Okay, so where has the spring gone? Man, I'm over this weather!!! It's a pity too, cos my niece is have her 21st birthday celebrations tonight it would be awful if it got washed out, especially since she's having a jumping castle! That's a lot of money too go down the preverbial drain...

Posted Image

(practice makes perfect)

#37 Elf

Elf

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 11:02 PM

The big shock of the week is James Hird being appointed coach of Essendon, he's just not qualified to be coach he was running a sports business until a few days ago but no doubt he'll be assisted by able coaches as he gains experience and should be right by 2013 assuming he don't get the boot first.

Yeah I saw that on the news. Isn't James Hird getting someone who has coached before to help him? Essendon sacked their last coach before his contract was up.

Okay, so where has the spring gone? Man, I'm over this weather!!! It's a pity too, cos my niece is have her 21st birthday celebrations tonight it would be awful if it got washed out, especially since she's having a jumping castle! That's a lot of money too go down the preverbial drain...

Did you go on the jumping castle?
"You wanna shoot a bug?"

#38 Elf

Elf

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 05:04 AM

Boo, Collingwood won the Grand Final. I saw the last 10 minutes of the match and watch the news. It looked like Collingwood started well and St Kilda couldn't catch them.
"You wanna shoot a bug?"

#39 mlaz

mlaz

blisfully clueless

• Members
  • 10,337 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 06:36 AM

jumping castles are fun, and kinda dangerous for adults. :D I remember quite a few injuries from jumping those after all the kids went to bed ... way back when
"Tell me and I'll forget, Show me and I might remember, Involve me and I'll understand"
Posted Image . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Posted Image
"I believe in humanity. We are an incredible species. We're still just a child creature, we're still being nasty to each other, all children go through those phases. We're growing up, we're moving into adolescence now. When we grow up,man,we're going to be something!"Gene Roddenberry 9/4/85

#40 paulinem

paulinem

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 06:25 PM

Did you go on the jumping castle?

Nooooo... Mind you it was very popular despite the rain...

Boo, Collingwood won the Grand Final. I saw the last 10 minutes of the match and watch the news. It looked like Collingwood started well and St Kilda couldn't catch them.

Yeah, I was hoping the saints would win...

jumping castles are fun, and kinda dangerous for adults. Posted Image I remember quite a few injuries from jumping those after all the kids went to bed ... way back when

Apparently this jumping castle was for adults! Never knew there was such a thing!

I am still waking up, didn't get that much sleep last night, well this morning!!!

Posted Image

(practice makes perfect)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users