• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

#121 Fan Producer

Fan Producer

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:07 PM

Funding will always be an issue, which is why I've been biding my time.

#122 Randy Landers

Randy Landers

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:23 AM

What kind of timeline are you looking at regarding post-production schedules?

We're flexible. Right now, we have four vignettes and a full length episode in post-production. For example, for one vignette, "Devil in the Details," we'd like an exterior shot of a Klingon Country and Western Bar, with a shuttlecraft and a personal shuttle in the parking lot, perhaps a flying dragon-bat tethered up. No movement necessary. Just the shot itself which is an establishing shot for the vignette.

Are you looking for one or more people?

We are always looking for more people. The upcoming full length episode, "The Night that the Stars Fell from the Sky," is going to require the talents of many people, I'm sure. "Devil in the Details" requires the work of a single individual.

Is this to be working in conjunction with others? I ask simply because there's the possibility I could take on certain aspects of it depending on mainly what the timeline looks like and compatibility of software (I use a fairly unique piece of software that doesn't jive well with programs like Max or Lightwave).

I've got folks using Blender, and others using Max, Lightwave, Adobe, etc. The end result is that I need an AVI file that I can incorporate into the cut of the episode (I use Adobe Premier Elements, for example, to do this). It really doesn't matter to me what software you're using so long as you can render the needed footage.

My primary concern (once school is over in a few weeks) will be Red Squad of course, but it might be possible for me to lend a hand from time to time or something. Again depends on the previously stated factors.

We'd love the help. Can you contact me directly at producer@projectpotemkin.com? And THANKS! for the reply.

Randy

Edited by Randy Landers, 17 March 2012 - 12:25 AM.

Randy Landers
-------------
Project: Potemkin
A New Star Trek Fan Film Series

Orion Press
For Excellence in Star Trek Fan Fiction

#123 Randy Landers

Randy Landers

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:02 AM

Bill Walker has created a wonderful video test of his engineering room which has been created for Project: Potemkin.

Click to View
Randy Landers
-------------

Orion Press

#124 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,647 posts
  • Location:Galaxy-alpha quadrant-sector 001-Earth-Russian Federation.

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:32 AM

Bill Walker has created a wonderful video test of his engineering room which has been created for Project: Potemkin.

Click to View

What can i say,this is amazing video,really as in TMP movie.Randy,maybe this scene will be in future in series "Project Potemkin",of course if this will be possible making?Really awesome animation warp core and engineering deck.Good job,Randy! :thumbsup:

gKZxu0v.jpg?1

#125 Randy Landers

Randy Landers

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:34 PM

Actually, Bill Walker deserves all the credit for that. That's his son at the console, btw.

R
Randy Landers
-------------

Orion Press

#126 Randy Landers

Randy Landers

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:42 PM

Just a brief update:

1) Bill Walker and Bob Reed are working on VFX for "Miscommunication" and "Engineer's New Clothes" at this time. Chris Cameron will also be contributing VFX to "New Clothes." Alex Patrick Merrill is working on the VFX for "Archway." Both Alex and Chris are newcomers to our VFX team! Welcome aboard, guys!

2) Mario Pagan has finished a good edit on "The Devil in the Details." VFX will be assigned shortly.

3) Rick Foxx is hard at work on editing "The Night the Stars Fell from the Sky." An extensive list has been prepared detailing the needed VFX and SFX for the episode, along with the pick-ups we'll be scheduling for May and June.

4) Randy Landers and Bill MacKenzie are working on the editing for "Duty Bound." Randy is also working on the editing of "Darkness."

5) David Eversole and Randy Landers are working on the third draft of "Second Contact," the third vignette to be shot this season. We're still working on a few more scripts. Our plan is to concentrate on vignettes this summer, and possibly one episode. We're looking for locations for that episode.

6) Lastly, we're working on a couple of shots involving a camera mounted on a helicopter. We're excited about the prospect!
Randy Landers
-------------

Orion Press

#127 Randy Landers

Randy Landers

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:14 AM

Project: Potemkin is please to announce that it will be hosting the Project: Potemkin Film Expo on May 22nd 2012 at the Darton College Theater in Albany, Georgia, from 7:30pm until 10:00pm. Admission is free to everyone.

The following episode and vignettes will be shown:

"The Old Guys" featuring Randall Landers, William Walker, Ricky Thompson, Junius Stone, Stephanie Burke, Eric R. Moore, Bethany Carver. This vignette was directed by J.T. Ealum, with Jeffrey Green acting as the director of photography and cameraman. This film was a proof of concept film developed to see if we could indeed pull off a production filmed on a carport.

"Care for a Lift?" featuring Randall Landers, Ricky Thompson and William Walker. This vignette, directed by Ricky Thompson, was intended to be a test of our second camera and our two-dimensional turbolift set.

Our first full-length episode, "The Void," stars Jeffrey Green, Blaire Erskine, Eric R. Moore, Stephanie Burke, Doug Harper, Bethany Carver, Chris Coleman, Mario Pagan, Trey Cole and Rodriguez Graper. Written by Randall Landers, this is a science-fiction episode in the proud tradition of the original Star Trek series.

"Doctor's Orders," featuring Renda Carr, Doug Harper, Stephanie Burke, with Jeremy Landers and Randall Landers, was directed by Tim Carr and written by David Eversole. This amusing vignette prompted a firestorm of controversy and resulted in divided opinions among its viewers, but we have no regrets. It remains a very popular vignette.

"Delivery," written by David Eversole, stars Jeffrey Green and Stephanie Burke. It was directed by Randall Landers. This vignette has been critically acclaimed as one of our better productions.

And lastly, though not guaranteed, we hope to debut "Miscommunication," which features Stephanie Burke, Richard Thornton, Hannah Ruiz and Thomas Walker. Directed by William Walker and written by David Eversole, this is a wonderful vignette, a tale of first contact between unique aliens and our heroes.

There will be a brief introduction of the series at 8:00pm, and the screenings will start at immediately afterwards and should end around 9:15pm. Following the screenings, audience members will be able to meet the cast and crew of Project: Potemkin in the lobby until 10:00pm.

We hope to see you there!
Randy Landers
-------------

Orion Press

#128 Randy Landers

Randy Landers

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:26 PM

Have updated our website with three news articles:
http://www.projectpo.../index.php?id=2

Posted Image
Randy Landers
-------------

Orion Press

#129 Randy Landers

Randy Landers

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:04 AM

The Project: Potemkin Film Expo went well. Attendance was a little light (due to their schedule change, we were suddenly up against American Idol with local musician Phillip Phillips competing), but we all had a good time watching the episodes on the big screen.

The very last VFX shot for S01-E "Miscommunication" has been uploaded, and I'm finishing the editing process tonight. Now on to Neal Manning for scoring and Steve Gallant for sound.

S01-F "The Engineer's New Clothes" is well underway with Bill Walker's excellent Engineering room serving in the background. Bob Reed is working on the green screen shots.

S01-G "Archway" -- we shot additional footage earlier this month with Doug Harper. This is going to be a good episode, and the new footage should solve a few problems with the episode. Alex Patrick Merrill is working on the VFX.

S01-H "Devil in the Details" -- Mark Brennan is hard at work on the VFX for this vignette. This one should be a fun one!

S01-2 "The Night the Stars Fell from the Sky" -- as the VFX for the vignettes above are completed, the VFX artists will be assigned shots from this upcoming episode. Presently, I'm guestimating it might be 90 mins long. Rick Foxx has done a masterful job of editing it, and we've only a few voiceovers left to record. We got most of them earlier this month.

We're well underway with the shooting for Season 2 with two vignettes in the can, another being shot in June, two in July, two in August, two in September, and then two in October. We're working with half a dozen writers right now, and are very pleased with how it's all turned out.

We've met quite a few talented people at the TrekTrax convention in Atlanta and at our Expo in Albany. This weekend, we'll be represented at Phoenix (AZ) Comicon (Rick Foxx and Alex Merrill) and at Phoenix (AL) Alabama Phoenix Festival (Renda and Tim Carr).
Randy Landers
-------------

Orion Press

#130 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,068 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:56 AM

Great updates Randy!:thumbsup:

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#131 Randy Landers

Randy Landers

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:26 PM

We're well underway with the shooting for Season 2 with two vignettes in the can.

Randy Landers and Linda Marcusky spent the morning and afternoon scouting locations for S02-C "Second Contact" (written by David Eversole and Randall Landers). We've turned to Deborah Liss-Green of Darton College for casting help, as this vignette requires a number of new players for our production. We're hoping to add some new folks to the ensemble with this production.

We're announcing that S02-D "Red Sky" will be filming soon. This vignette will feature Jeffrey Green and a guest star, as well as our transporter chief played by Pamela Robinson. It's a story based on a piece of artwork, and we will be employing the talents of a local artist to accomplish the task of mimicking the artwork.

Also upcoming are "Beach Towel" and "The Shovel of Kahless," two vignettes that make up a couplet in our story-telling. And "Ashes" which will be filmed in a nearby city square.

We're continuing to work on three scripts for this fall's shoots, including a comedic little short shot in the rec room (or possibly the ship's bowling alley), a lost colony script set in a nearby historic village, and lastly an alien race story involving a unique means of first contact.

Edited by Randy Landers, 02 June 2012 - 05:35 PM.

Randy Landers
-------------

Orion Press

#132 Randy Landers

Randy Landers

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:27 AM

A new VFX test render from Chris Cameron:

Posted Image
Randy Landers
-------------

Orion Press

#133 Randy Landers

Randy Landers

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:05 PM

We're pleased to announce that our next vignette, "Ashes," will be shot next Sunday, 11am - 2pm, in Americus, Georgia. This short vignette, written by Randall Landers, involves a landing party as they beam down to a Preserver-seeded planet and find a tragedy in progress.

Our thanks to the City of Americus and Angie Singletary for cutting through the red tape to allow us to film near the historic Windsor Hotel.

We are looking for extras to wander up and down the street. No costuming required. No decorated T-shirts, please (this planet undoubtedly has been spared the unmatched benefits of Meat Load, to be sure). But regular street clothes will be perfect!

We hope to have pictures from this shoot sometime next week!
Randy Landers
-------------

Orion Press

#134 Randy Landers

Randy Landers

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:13 AM

The next production from Project: Potemkin, "The Engineer's New Clothes," is now in the final stages of post-production. Stay tuned!
Randy Landers
-------------

Orion Press

#135 Randy Landers

Randy Landers

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:05 AM

Project: Potemkin is pleased to announce its attendance and involvement with TrekTrax Atlanta 2013 to be held April 19-21, 2013 at the Holiday Inn Perimeter in North Atlanta.

Tentatively representing Potemkin at this convention will be Randall Landers, Bill MacKenzie, Sara Higgins MacKenzie, Tim Carr and Renda Carr. In addition to having a dealer’s table, Project: Potemkin attendees will be involved with two Potemkin-related panels and a few others as well.

Project: Potemkin also is delighted to announce that we will be filming a short vignette to be filmed Friday evening at the bar. We plan on shooting this vignette around 11pm. Filming will last around 3 hours, perhaps 4 if things don’t go well. We’re presently developing a short script, and the vignette will be directed by Sara Higgins MacKenzie and edited by Randy Landers.

We will be featuring a few of our cast members as well as other individuals dressed in time-line appropriate costumes (around the time of Star Trek: The Undiscovered Country) . We would love to have a bar full of Klingons, Romulans, Orions and other unique aliens as well as officers and crew from other contemporary starships! The more, the merrier! All we ask is that you sign a release and be cooperative with our production team! And if you'd like to have some lines, please contact us! We'll be glad to include you!

On Saturday, the Potemkin production team will be editing the video into shape, including using pre-prepared VFX, music and credits. It is our desire to exhibit the event Sunday afternoon at 2pm

For more information about TrekTrax Atlanta 2013, please visit their website at http://www.trektrax.org/
Randy Landers
-------------

Orion Press

#136 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,068 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:17 AM

What a great idea Randy.
Filming a vignette at a con with attendees.

Little things like this make going to a con more memorable, then just seeing the same actors saying the same things over and over.

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#137 Randy Landers

Randy Landers

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:20 AM

Thanks -- it seems like a fun idea. I hope we execute it well!
Randy Landers
-------------

Orion Press

#138 Ezri Dax

Ezri Dax

Captain

• Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:43 AM

Looked good till they had that HORN ON THE GUY'S HEAD.

#139 barbreader

barbreader

Captain

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:42 PM

That species is a fan-developed species which first appeared in George Kayaian's recently completed Trilogy 'The Multiverse Crisis.' All three movie-length films are organized for easy viewing here: http://startrekrevie...2009/06/34.html .
Posted Image

#140 Randy Landers

Randy Landers

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:54 PM

Sorry you feel that way. Eric's quite the actor. I wonder if folks felt that way when they first saw Nimoy wearing pointed ears.
Randy Landers
-------------

Orion Press

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users