The Dark is Rising

No replies to this topic

#1 xannonrayenz

xannonrayenz

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:50 AM

As a child I read the series in a while and I remember getting it with little difficulty. Certainly "Dark series books" are excellent growing, but they are often long long description that you are interested in starting ably prone to bore children. In this particular case, I think I skimmed the book's long classes when I was bored of my long descriptive passage. Books themselves are complex. It does not surprise me that the author, Susan Cooper, JRR studied under "the Rings" fame Lord (Tolkien), and I to add that, far more Philip Pullman, that will hasten its current successor. His stories, within the British and Celtic myth beautifully weaves. The book itself is a good one, is rare in its kind because the protagonist (your typical pre-teen who learns of the great powers) is a happy home life and two parents went home. Where almost any fantasy series I can think about the matter. Usually the child has two parents, one is missing and must be saved. Not so here. Will his own adventures and at the same time, the people they care about who cares for him. The book is a bully to be defeated or difficulties at school. Dark and Light characters are drawn well and there that I appreciate each and every character has a depth. On the whole, I think these books to those children who are skilled readers would recommend. Certainly a child who alone book "A" Lord of the Rings ends with some problems will zip through the series. Harry Potter fans also to graduate with a high level on this story may wish to. The first book in the series for readers want to start with, "Over Sea, Under Stone", to black "before moving on" might be rising.

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users