• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1008 replies to this topic

#1 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,692 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 12:40 PM

*As the Windstar approaches the ship, trekkin' becomes concerned that this whole thing may be a trap. She checks her equipment, flashlight, tricorder, phaser, Pagan medallion given to her by a medium on Earth. In a twinkling of light, trekkin' and Ivan beam onto the ship adrift on the edge of the nebula. There is the sound of bellowing laughter coming from a distant, unseen corner. Ivan's tricorder begins to blink on and off. Something has entered the room.*

Did you see that?

*trekkin' and Ivan quietly walk through the room. It is dark, but the essentials have made it through the transdimensional -thingamajiggie… Bar, pool table, couches, alligator…*

I have to find Pink2…he should be here somewhere. This is really creepy.

*trekkin' walks past a large oil painting of a man dressed in a 19th Century, Terran, Captain's uniform. He is rather striking, blonde hair, a beard and a rather stern expression on his face. * Did you feel that? A cold spot….right here…I have goosebumps, look.

*A shadow runs across the wall and disappears. There is random knocking and banging alternately underneath the floor and above the ceiling, trekkin' rubs her eyes, trying to see more clearly. The jukebox suddenly starts blasting music and the lights start flashing. The tricorder in her hand is flashing to the beat.*

Blast! That scared the bejesus out of me. We really need to stop time traveling. I'm not sure I can deal with this.

*A green blob of jello flies past leaving a trail of slime. In the corner trekkin' notices a backpack with a blaster attached to it. *

Ah yes…that proton pack will be handy in case Zuul decides to pop in.

*On the bar a glass flips over and an orange frothy liquid begins to fill up to the rim.*

Well, at least I can get a Fuzzy Malcolm here! Ivan, signal the crew to beam over. It appears that the ship's Ten Forward is functional even if this ship has been floating in space for 100 years.

Edited by trekkin', 22 August 2010 - 12:42 PM.

"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 maneth

maneth

GBBS Moderator

• Members
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 01:29 PM

This scares me too. A Fuzzy Malcolm might calm my nerves...

Posted Image
Live long and prosper

#3 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 01:42 PM

Boo.

#4 Barbara

Barbara

Working My Way Up to Awesome

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 03:37 PM

Hey! Looks like we've got ourselves a new place. A few shadows extra, but everyone's welcome. *waves hi to unseen friends*

Pink2 - need coffee - strong.

President, P.U.T. Procrastinators Unite Tomorrow
The bend in the road is not the end of the road unless you fail to make the turn.
Mac Anderson

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved." John 3:16-17

#5 Russell Crowe

Russell Crowe

• Members
  • 45,874 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:01 PM

you guys i have been playing the crap out of some Mass Effect this weekend. so that's how productive i've been.
Have you reckon'd a thousand acres much? have you reckon'd the
earth much? Have you practis'd so long to learn to read?
Have you felt so proud to get at the meaning of poems?
Stop this day and night with me and you shall possess the origin of
all poems...

#6 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:33 PM

I've been trying multiplayer in Starcraft. As I understand their rankings, I am one of the very worst players out of all the hundreds of thousands of people in that game.

So, yeah, I guess it's back to single player.

#7 paulinem

paulinem

Connortator Extraordinaire...

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 05:52 PM

*walks in carrying a safety blankie* Posted Image

Nice one, Trekkin'! Posted Image

So, yesterday was a marathon day, today I'm tired. It didn't help that I was woken by fighting cats at 3.30 this morning (or there 'bouts)!

*walks out carrying Hot Tucker for security*

Posted Image

Persistence, Patience and Perseverance Pays Off!

(practice makes perfect)

#8 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

The Baron, Resident Duelist

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 05:53 PM

Approve of the thread subtitle. Don't cross the streams!

@Apoco - hope you have a good weekend.

I had a great weekend. Nonstop RPGing save for breaks to sleep and eat.
Plus we were playing a survival horror game... at night... in the woods. Best atmosphere ever. :P

Well, I'm already getting sick of the discussions on Starcraft's official forum. They're starting to remind me of the ones around Enterprise. "Guys, retcons happen in sci-fi! Deal with it!"

Never!

I did two loads of laundry today AND folded everything and put it away. :flex:

Usually at least some of it sits in the basket for two days. :whistle:

There is a post-basket laundry phase?

you guys i have been playing the crap out of some Mass Effect this weekend. so that's how productive i've been.

Time well spent. You should put some thought into eventually buying the sequel, because as I have been broken record-ing to Plaz, it's about eight billion times better.

Edited by Apocalypse, 22 August 2010 - 05:58 PM.

Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#9 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 08:17 PM

There is a post-basket laundry phase?

Apparently some overly industrious idiot invented nonsense like closets and dressers. More fool him.

-Doctor-

"The universe is big, its vast, and complicated, and ridiculous and sometimes - very rarely - impossible things just happen and we call them miracles."

"Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold."

Posted Image

#10 Russell Crowe

Russell Crowe

• Members
  • 45,874 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 10:14 PM

Time well spent. You should put some thought into eventually buying the sequel, because as I have been broken record-ing to Plaz, it's about eight billion times better.

i dunno. the first one has been pretty awesome. i'm at like level 40 and still not done. wooo

also... video game sex? that one came out of left field :err: unfortunately you don't get any experience points for it :P
all poems...

#11 Barbara

Barbara

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 10:19 PM

Ouuu - everyone's disappeared into, uh, thin air..... *tip toes to the bar - orders up a hot fudge brownie sundae w/nuts and whipped cream*

The floor's kinda creaky .... maybe it's my imagination.

@TL and Trekkin - you were right. T'was a critter. A HUGE monstrosity of a flying demon water bug. Length - 4". Wings!!! Crawling up my walls and flying into things all night I presume. Found it in the morning. Upside down almost dead. It was HUGE. And it parked itself by my closet door. I've never seen a creature that large before. Creepy to the max. I was going to take a picture - but instead I cut it in half with a pair of scissors and that grossed me out so bad that I almost tossed my cookies. I just scooped up the guts and remains and tossed it in the back yard for some bird to chew on. Ugh. Gross. Nasty critter.

@Apoco - sounds like fun! I like backyard camping - I like camping period. Especially in the hills where it's cold!
The bend in the road is not the end of the road unless you fail to make the turn.
Mac Anderson

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved." John 3:16-17

#12 Barbara

Barbara

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 10:25 PM

Okay, this is probably a stupid question, but since most people are here instead of elsewhere, in my personal settings, I have the time set to CST (USA) cuz that's where I'm at. However, the time displayed now says 7:23 and it's really 10:23. So, I guess I shouldn't be set to CST???? Anyone know what I should set it to?
Mac Anderson

#13 Russell Crowe

Russell Crowe

• Members
  • 45,874 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 10:27 PM

Okay, this is probably a stupid question, but since most people are here instead of elsewhere, in my personal settings, I have the time set to CST (USA) cuz that's where I'm at. However, the time displayed now says 7:23 and it's really 10:23. So, I guess I shouldn't be set to CST???? Anyone know what I should set it to?

mine is two hours early for some reason, not three. and we're both in the same time zone.
all poems...

#14 trekkin'

trekkin'

• Global Moderators
  • 7,692 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 10:51 PM

The power source on my tricorder keeps draining. There seems to be some sort of entity draining it.

WELL...it is finally raining here. It has rained all day. My poor squirt kid woke up to rain on the tent. They all looked pretty happy to be back on the mainland when the ferry landed this morning.

I think I have swimmer's ear or something....My ears are kinda achy. I guess it is a good thing I couldn't go to the beach today.

Bugs, the time on the site has been screwed up for a while.

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#15 Terilynn

Terilynn

Black-Booted Blogging Barmistress

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 11:21 PM

I love making my character dance in Star Trek Online! It's fun! Last night, I was playing dabo and dancing with the Admiral standing next to me. We had a great time!! Then I won 100K bars of gold pressed latinum. It was a very fun night. *gigglesnort*

@TL and Trekkin - you were right. T'was a critter. A HUGE monstrosity of a flying demon water bug. Length - 4". Wings!!! Crawling up my walls and flying into things all night I presume. Found it in the morning. Upside down almost dead. It was HUGE. And it parked itself by my closet door. I've never seen a creature that large before. Creepy to the max. I was going to take a picture - but instead I cut it in half with a pair of scissors and that grossed me out so bad that I almost tossed my cookies. I just scooped up the guts and remains and tossed it in the back yard for some bird to chew on. Ugh. Gross. Nasty critter.

SCREAMS IN ABJECT TERROR!!!!:argh:

You know what?

The link below that says "Delete my Cookies"?

Makes me laugh.

Of course - I'm on my fourth "There's Coffee in That Nebula" but....it's stilll funny.:upsidedown:

#16 Barbara

Barbara

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 01:19 AM

Sooooooooooooo, anyone know how to get into the correct time zone - even when my settings state I'm in the right time zone.

..... or is it this bar???? Posted Image Posted Image
Mac Anderson

#17 Elf

Elf

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 04:51 AM

Elf approaches the ship under impulse power. He sees a light from a few windows at one end of the ship. He commands his ship to a stop and transports over to the Ghost Ship.

Where is Pink2? He walks up to the bar and asks for a coffee.

Sooooooooooooo, anyone know how to get into the correct time zone - even when my settings state I'm in the right time zone.

..... or is it this bar???? Posted Image Posted Image

This has been happening for 2 or 3 months now.
"Give me your boot." "What for?"
"So I can squash it." "Are we allowed to squash alien life forms?"
"If they're inside your sleeping bag. There it is. Wait a minute. Where'd you put the phase pistols?"
"You wanna shoot a bug?"
"I'm just gonna stun it."- Tucker and Mayweather

#18 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

The Baron, Resident Duelist

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:29 AM

Good morning, Ten Forward.
*jukebox*

i dunno. the first one has been pretty awesome. i'm at like level 40 and still not done. wooo
also... video game sex? that one came out of left field :err: unfortunately you don't get any experience points for it :P

Welcome to Bioware games. There's always a romance subplot.
The second one improves vastly on the original formula, gets rid of the stupid vehicle missions, and streamlines everything. No more time wasted on picking out weapons and items, no loot, just an upgrade system that is completely optional if you don't want to deal with it but with enough depth to entertain you if you do. Plus Garrus is a super badass in it.
Sorry, Mass Effect 2 is one of my favorite games. :P

Bugs, the time on the site has been screwed up for a while.

What she said. It's a forum-wide issue. I suppose you could set your time zone to two hours ahead if you wanted to.
Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#19 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:00 AM

I love making my character dance in Star Trek Online! It's fun! Last night, I was playing dabo and dancing with the Admiral standing next to me. We had a great time!! Then I won 100K bars of gold pressed latinum. It was a very fun night. *gigglesnort*

I've found some amusement in dancing in WoW. My favourite is the bear form druid dance. Dancing bear FTW! I also like the Tauren (giant minotaur-like race) dance. It's awesome.

I can only imagine how silly the bear form dance will look when Troll druids come out, cause their bear forms already look pretty bizarre.

#20 trekkin'

trekkin'

• Global Moderators
  • 7,692 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 11:18 AM

Good morning/afternoon/evening TF!!

Not a whole lot going on here. (I know, kinda shocking...) Just have to try to get organized for the school year. I received the bus schedule for the kids over the weekend. My middle school kid's bus comes at 7:35 and the elementary school bus comes at 8:55....jeez...nearly 9:00!! They won't get OFF of the bus until 4:10. It might even be dark by the time they get off the bus in the winter. What a joke.

LOL!! My daughter was just doing the "Peanut Butter Jelly" dance. (Think of Bugs Bunny doing the conga.)

Where is that Pink2? I think I need some coffee...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users