• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,072 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 11:39 AM

A New Ship, A New Crew, A New Adventure, Charity has never been so exciting.

All the copyright and Hollywood owners of the Firefly/Serenity franchise have endorsed this production.

(CBS should take a lesson)

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJIF7RMuw4M&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded[/url]

Move info Browncoats Redemption

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Kirok

Kirok

Publishing and Media Director, Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:18 AM

A New Ship, A New Crew, A New Adventure, Charity has never been so exciting.

All the copyright and Hollywood owners of the Firefly/Serenity franchise have endorsed this production.

(CBS should take a lesson)

Oh! The irony! Intellectual Property turned on its ear! Dark Horse Comics have apparently used a fan film's designs in one of their comics by mistake!

Acknowledgment to Serenity fan film Bellflower by Scott Allie

08/02/2010 5:01pm
My apologies to the crew of the Serenity fan film Bellflower--
Recently, we made a truly unfortunate mistake regarding the use of art from a fan film in one of our comics. We would like to make an apology to the artists and the filmmaker who were affected by our error.
While preparing to draw Serenity: Float Out, artist Patric Reynolds researched ships from the 'Verse online, and mistook some ships designed for the fan film Bellflower for canonical ships. The ships were designed by John Douglass, S. E. O'Brien, Sam Osbourne, and filmmaker Mark James. Their work is terrific, and completely professional, like so much of what the Browncoats do, so no one realized the mistake. We understand that this was a serious oversight on our part. We want to assure everyone that this is not a usual occurance, and we will make sure to be more careful in the future.

Please accept my most sincere apologies, on behalf of Dark Horse and artist Patric Reynolds.

Posted Image

I hasten to point out though that the cordial relationship between the Firefly/Serenity copyright owners and their fan production community has absorbed the potential problem amicably and the Australian fan film production group, Bellflower, has accepted Dark Horse's use of their designs as a compliment.

Posted Image

Qapla' Tilk of Bellflower! The House of L'Stok says you have gained honour this day!

meQtaHbogh qachDaq Suv qoH neH
Only fools fight in a burning house!

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

#3 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,072 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 06:48 AM

Browncoats Redemption premiered this weekend at Dragoncon you can watch it online till tonight.

After that you can purchase from their store. The purchase proceeds benefit five different charities.

WATCH IT HERE

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users