6 replies to this topic

#1 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

TU Forum Manager - Resident killjoy

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,621 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 08:51 AM

Posted Image

This was in the LA Times today. Nice little article, has a pretty rendition of a song linked, but the text that makes up the body of it is exponentially more important.

If you are feeling really patriotic, I also suggest this and this.

Now more than ever...We must all hang together, or we most assuredly will all hang separately.
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 09:34 AM

Posted Image

This was in the LA Times today. Nice little article, has a pretty rendition of a song linked, but the text that makes up the body of it is exponentially more important.

If you are feeling really patriotic, I also suggest this and this.

Now more than ever...We must all hang together, or we most assuredly will all hang separately.

The entire Federalist Papers? You're not one for light reading are you? :P

Personally, I say we send the complete works of Thomas Paine to the Glenn Beck fans and hope they apoplexy when they get to the parts where he advocates the government pays a living wage to those too old to work and a 100% inheritance tax on all land and wealth. :lol:

-Doctor-

"The universe is big, its vast, and complicated, and ridiculous and sometimes - very rarely - impossible things just happen and we call them miracles."

"Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold."

Posted Image

#3 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,621 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 10:38 AM

Anyone who knows me knows I am a reader. A good 20% of my phone's memory is loaded up with e-books. But I never said you had to read all of that right now. That'd just be ridiculous :P I'm talking something to plunk in between until the next favorite author of choice publishes their next book in the series is all.

Also I don't think Glenn Beck could Handle Thomas Paine :lol:
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#4 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 10:59 AM

Also I don't think Glenn Beck could Handle Thomas Paine :lol:

For your astonishment.

-Doctor-

"The universe is big, its vast, and complicated, and ridiculous and sometimes - very rarely - impossible things just happen and we call them miracles."

"Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold."

Posted Image

#5 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,621 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 11:14 AM

For your astonishment.

Well it was not astonishing, but it was amusing, though perversely so like when the guy who cuts you off in a line of traffic gets T-boned by a pickup truck because he blew through the light.

Yeah I did read a few pages of the preview, and I hold firmly to my original contention; he couldn't handle Thomas Paine :P Just because he ripped off the title and some snippets from Mr. Paine doesn't mean that bad parody he "wrote" deserves to be on the same shelf.
Posted Image

FORUM RULES

#6 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

The Baron, Resident Duelist

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 11:32 AM

I have a poster of the Declaration hanging in my room. Thanks, US Navy or whoever tried to recruit me and included it in the letter. I'll never join you but I love the poster and do read it on occasion.

Edited by Apocalypse, 04 July 2010 - 11:32 AM.

Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#7 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,621 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 02:49 PM

I got a nice parchment copy from Philip Morris as a kid.
Posted Image

FORUM RULES

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users