Photo

Rate "The Hungry Earth"

3 replies to this topic

Poll: Rate "The Hungry Earth" (4 member(s) have cast votes)

How would you rate the Doctor Who episode "The Hungry Earth"?

1. A (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. B (2 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

3. C (2 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

4. D (0 votes [0.00%])

5. F (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 09:08 PM

How would you rate the Doctor Who episode "The Hungry Earth"?
Posted Image
Leverage -- Season 5 on DVD Coming September 17th

"The numbers are bad! The numbers are bad!" -- Hugo "Hurley" Reyes, Lost - Season 1
"Boone's death was a sacrifice that the island demanded." -- John Locke, Lost - Season 2
"When was it you lost your imagination, son?" -- Dr. Walter Bishop, Fringe - Season 1

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 09:29 PM

The 2 parter has the same problems this author's work always has. Seems like a romp on the surface but every character (and I mean every character) engages in morally incongruous behavior that makes them unrelatable charactures. Its often in direct conflict with their behavior in previous scenes or episodes. Meanwhile, the author dictates to us what we should find objectionable and what we should like and its completely detached from the natural human reaction to the situation.

In other words, I think Chris Chibnall is an alien who got stranded on Earth and will probably hitch a ride on the first Vogon ship outa here.

-Doctor-

"The universe is big, its vast, and complicated, and ridiculous and sometimes - very rarely - impossible things just happen and we call them miracles."

"Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold."

Posted Image

#3 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 09:42 PM

I really liked this one. It felt more "down-to-Earth" than a lot of the previous episodes. There weren't any silly aliens in it or ridiculous situations. Definitely as good as "The Time of Angels". And I'm really looking forward to the next episode. Definitely at least a "B+".
Posted Image
Leverage -- Season 5 on DVD Coming September 17th

"The numbers are bad! The numbers are bad!" -- Hugo "Hurley" Reyes, Lost - Season 1
"Boone's death was a sacrifice that the island demanded." -- John Locke, Lost - Season 2
"When was it you lost your imagination, son?" -- Dr. Walter Bishop, Fringe - Season 1

#4 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 01:10 AM

fair enough. I'm mainly talking about the second episode in this case anyway.

There was a Voyager reference in tonight's episode (episode 11). I wonder how many people here will spot it? :D

Edited by poko, 13 June 2010 - 01:20 AM.

-Doctor-

"The universe is big, its vast, and complicated, and ridiculous and sometimes - very rarely - impossible things just happen and we call them miracles."

"Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold."

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users