Torchwood Returns

11 replies to this topic

#1 Trek Realist

Trek Realist

Amicus Hostis

• Members
  • 7,706 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 03:46 PM

HitFix reports today that the BBC will be producing another season of Torchwood, reportedly with Russell Davis still attached to the show as Producer. For those of us in the colonies we will be able to catch the new episodes through the American broadcaster Starz (not BBC America as before).
Atheism is not a religion. It is a personal relationship with reality.

Quis custodiet ipso custodes

My Blog

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,054 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:50 PM

That news made my day! Now to see if I have starz on my cable lineup.....

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#3 WeatherManNX01

WeatherManNX01

Sir Sexy - USA! USA! USA!

• Members
  • 26,110 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:23 PM

Interesting. We'll see what they do with it. As long as RTD doesn't go killing everyone off...again.

Posted Image

#4 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:11 AM

I was excited about this until I saw that it's going to be on Starz.

I guess I'm going to be waiting even longer than everyone else (for the DVDs).
Posted Image
Leverage -- Season 5 on DVD Coming September 17th

"The numbers are bad! The numbers are bad!" -- Hugo "Hurley" Reyes, Lost - Season 1
"Boone's death was a sacrifice that the island demanded." -- John Locke, Lost - Season 2
"When was it you lost your imagination, son?" -- Dr. Walter Bishop, Fringe - Season 1

#5 Bill

Bill

• Managment
  • 5,054 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 07:05 AM

Quick interview over the new series.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GOP9uw5mp8&feature=autofb"]http://www.youtube.c...&feature=autofb[/url]

Life is a con

#6 Bill

Bill

• Managment
  • 5,054 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 06:55 AM

News trickles in over the new series.

"New 'Torchwood' characters revealed
Details have been revealed of three new characters who will appear in the upcoming fourth series of Torchwood.

Entertainment Weekly reports that the new episodes - which will be co-produced by the BBC and US network Starz - will introduce new regular Rex Matheson, a "CIA agent born to make waves" with a "wicked" sense of humour.

The show will also introduce two new recurring characters - Oswald Jones, a convicted murderer and paedophile, and Esther Katusi, a young CIA agent "who learns what she’s really made of only when she’s forced to".

Both roles are said to be "key to the new season".

Casting for all three parts is believed to be ongoing.

Series star John Barrowman recently revealed that he is "ecstatic" about the fourth series of Torchwood, while his co-star Eve Myles admitted that she is "nervous" about filming in America.

The new episodes are expected to air on Starz in the US and on BBC One in the UK next summer."

Life is a con

#7 Breachwood

Breachwood

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:23 AM

Can not wait!!!

#8 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:11 AM

Can not wait!!!

Again, I guess I'll have to. It might as well be airing on the moon.
Posted Image

"The numbers are bad! The numbers are bad!" -- Hugo "Hurley" Reyes, Lost - Season 1
"Boone's death was a sacrifice that the island demanded." -- John Locke, Lost - Season 2
"When was it you lost your imagination, son?" -- Dr. Walter Bishop, Fringe - Season 1

#9 Anime Trekker

Anime Trekker

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 01:37 PM

Thank goodness I have Starz (just recently moved and had to switch to Direct TV)
"The Bird of Hermes is My Name, Eating My Wings to Make Me Tame."-From Hellsing Ultimate

"I highly recommend pissing yourself, followed by a course of praying to your impotent god."-Walter from Hellsing and Hellsing Ultimate

"In The Name of God, Impure Souls of The Living Dead Shall Be Banished Into Eternal Damnation"- From Hellsing

Please visit my My Facebook page (search under the name Talya Marsh if you cannot get to it directly)

#10 Bill

Bill

• Managment
  • 5,054 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 03:55 PM

I just read filming starts in January 2011.

Life is a con

#11 TLOVeritas

TLOVeritas

2nd Year Cadet

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 05:55 PM

Well, I'm glad Barrowman's back - but everyone else who was even moderately interesting got KO'd. I don't like Gwen, and Rhys is really only good as Gwen's bumbling boyfriend... so I dunno, I'll watch the first bit but will probably be shaking my fist angrily at RTD throughout.
Posted Image

#12 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 09:57 AM

Odd. Everyone posted something in anticipation of the new season, but no one posted what they thought about it after it aired. (It aired a year ago.)

I finally got to see it, as a series of reruns on Starz (yeah, just got switched from Comcast to DirecTV). It was okay. I'm glad I got to see it, but I don't intend on re-watching it.

But I have to say that if they decide to do another season of Torchwood, I think they should go back to the format of Seasons 1 and 2, instead of the mini-series-like format of Seasons 3 and 4. I think the show is better with individual episodes, which some could be linked together story-wise, but on the whole are mostly separate stories. But given how Season 4 went in the ratings department, I'm uncertain as to whether the show will even be back at all. (And I haven't even heard anything about a new season since the fourth season ended last year.)

It looks like the Doctor Who franchise has now been reduced to ... well ... Doctor Who. (Wait, is that kids K-9 series still going?)
Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users