Rare Gold Grenadiar Spock Decanters

8 replies to this topic

#1 nimoycollector

nimoycollector

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 01:26 AM

I have a few of the Rare Grenadiar GOLD Spocks.A millionaire purchased the entire lot of them from Grenadiar as soon as they were made back in 1979.I had purchased a couple of them from him a few years back.I understand they are worth thousands of dollars each.I am having money problems now & may loose my house.If anyone would like to purchase any or have any ideas of how I can get in touch with a serious dealer that would pay a reasonable price for them I would give you a commission.I see the book says they are worth about $2,000+ each.But are very very Rare.If you think you can help me please e-mail me at jimbeam11@verizon.net Thank You,Steve.I can send you a picture of it.I have one on E-Bay now for $5,000.

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 gypsy_caravan

gypsy_caravan

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 02:32 AM

I am curious about the story behind this decanter. I have two of the gold Spock Grenadier decanters myself, but I got them both on ebay. I can safely say I have seen these listed less than ten times in the last ten years, so yes, they are rare as can be.

But really how many were made, and were they all in fact purchased by one collector? Or did some make it to the collector market before the lot was purchased? How many did this collector sell out of the initial purchase?

One or two is a rarity, and these gold Spock decanters seem to pop up one at a time very very infrequently. I'll be honest here, I purchased one for $150, and I bought the other for (are you ready for this?) $85. No one was bidding on them. Would a collector be willing to shell out $1,000 or 2 or 5,000 for one? Perhaps in the right venue.

What will happen to the remaining hoard of these beauties? If they are outed and hundreds become available, it may in fact drive the market price down.

There is a story here, but no one seems to know it. I just wish we knew more about why and how many.

For what it's worth.

gypsy_caravan

#3 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,072 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:54 AM

I would be curious to learn more about this version.
I have one Spock decantur, not a gold one.

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#4 1117

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 10:44 AM

I am curious about the story behind this decanter. I have two of the gold Spock Grenadier decanters myself, but I got them both on ebay. I can safely say I have seen these listed less than ten times in the last ten years, so yes, they are rare as can be.

But really how many were made, and were they all in fact purchased by one collector? Or did some make it to the collector market before the lot was purchased? How many did this collector sell out of the initial purchase?

One or two is a rarity, and these gold Spock decanters seem to pop up one at a time very very infrequently. I'll be honest here, I purchased one for $150, and I bought the other for (are you ready for this?) $85. No one was bidding on them. Would a collector be willing to shell out $1,000 or 2 or 5,000 for one? Perhaps in the right venue.

What will happen to the remaining hoard of these beauties? If they are outed and hundreds become available, it may in fact drive the market price down.

There is a story here, but no one seems to know it. I just wish we knew more about why and how many.

For what it's worth.

gypsy_caravan

#5 1117

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 10:58 AM

For what it's worth.

gypsy_caravan

#6 1117

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 11:47 AM

Yes indeed the Gold Spock is truly a very RARE piece. However if you bought this specific piece for $150 or $85 consider yourself very lucky. The whole collection was purchased by one person in 1979 who had an in with the president of Grenadier Spirts and Paroment Pictures. If you do infact have this VARY RARE piece can everyone looking on this website see a picture of The Spock? Grenadier produced not only the Gold Spocks but also three seprate variations of the Spock bust. Which are no where near the price or rarity of the Gold Spock. If anyone is selling these RARE Gold Spocks I would personally pay $10,000 each as I know how rare they are. If I get no response I will go to the Star Trek convention in Las Vegas this August. And pray that I can buy one or more at the convention.

#7 gypsy_caravan

gypsy_caravan

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 06:21 PM

Well, I do have two. The one I got for $85 had the hand giving the Vulcan Salute snapped off, but it was a clean break and the previous owner glued it back on. And the gold is slightly worn through on one shoulder. That's probably why I got it for $85... The other one is in perfect condition.

I do not have any pictures at this point, but I certainly can take pics and post them if you want...

gypsy_caravan

#8 golf685

golf685

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 10:38 AM

Hi I have a Mr Spock bust that stands about 10 inches tall and its manufactured by the grenadier company in 1979. It is some type of decantor his shirt id gray and i wa wondering the valur of this piece please contact me at golfman685@roadrunner.com

#9 Capt Gooseman

Capt Gooseman

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:58 PM

I recently purchased and received 2 of the 13" gold Spock decanter. After researching it (which there is very little information), I found that only 1200 were produced and packaged in a blue satin box. Each decanter is supposed to be individually numbered and come with a COA included. (my source was - Star Trek: The Collectibles by: Steve Kelley)

The 2 that I purchased are as follows:
one in a blue satin box with the head (cork) seated in place.
one in a Styrofoam form-fit shipping container (possibly for bulk shipping from the MFR) with the head packed for shipping, NOT seated in place.
Both have the MFGR name and info on the bottom.
neither are numbered (numbering would be on the bottom with the MFGR info).
neither came with a COA.

If someone truly had an in with the MFGR and Paramount, it is possible that they were able to buy up the entire line prior to the production of the COAs and assignment of collector numbers.
My curiosity is - Is there anyone out there who owns one of the 13" gold Spock decanters that is numbered with a COA?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users