BP Oil Spill

88 replies to this topic

#81 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 02:17 PM

Run a Google search on the site owner if you want a chuckle. I haven't read the Anderson Cooper piece yet, but given how many of those guys are going into the area and picking up the oil etc, not always safely. That said they should be allwed access to the scene and crews.

I did. This covers it pretty well.

-Doctor-

"The universe is big, its vast, and complicated, and ridiculous and sometimes - very rarely - impossible things just happen and we call them miracles."

"Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold."

Posted Image

#82 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

TU Forum Manager - Resident killjoy

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,608 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 03:34 PM

Gulf leak contained by Monday?

Posted Image
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#83 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 07:05 PM

Gulf leak contained by Monday?

Posted Image

And now people are freaking out about the almost 30,000 un-used wells near the Gulf. A lot of these wells could be slowly leaking, possibly for decades. Some of them only got a temporary cap despite being out of use for 40 years.

http://vimeo.com/12464169

It is interesting that it matches the Gulf Dead zone.

Edited by poko, 09 July 2010 - 07:09 PM.

-Doctor-

"The universe is big, its vast, and complicated, and ridiculous and sometimes - very rarely - impossible things just happen and we call them miracles."

"Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold."

Posted Image

#84 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 03:45 AM

Oh and more awesome news about the dispersant:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=zYrjReGuzKc

-Doctor-

Posted Image

#85 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:51 PM

-Doctor-

Posted Image

#86 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,608 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 01:25 PM

The story that won't die. The fish on the other hand....
Posted Image
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#87 Barbara

Barbara

Working My Way Up to Awesome

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 01:52 PM

The impact this disaster will have on our environment is beyond understanding. Man needs to stop killing our world.
President, P.U.T. Procrastinators Unite Tomorrow
The bend in the road is not the end of the road unless you fail to make the turn.
Mac Anderson

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved." John 3:16-17

#88 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 02:51 PM

http://www.physorg.c...nds-fouled.html

-Doctor-

Posted Image

#89 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,608 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 12:26 AM

Now if there is a cheap means of delivery on the ginomous scale that is monumentally cheap, they "might" clean it up.
Posted Image

FORUM RULES

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users