88 replies to this topic

#61 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

TU Forum Manager - Resident killjoy

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,621 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 12:57 PM

Well, who owns that well anyhow?

BP as we all know is the principal owner, and the ones who contracted the drilling. They are filing suit on their partners, Anadarko Petroleum and Mitsui to get them to pay their chunk of the cleanup costs. They hold 25% and 10% stakes in the well successively.

In other news, Tony Hayward "wants his life back". As I am certain all affected by this do, but that won't happen for a very long time for them either.
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#62 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 08:41 PM

In other news, Tony Hayward "wants his life back". As I am certain all affected by this do, but that won't happen for a very long time for them either.

Old news.

Don't forget. "BP cares about the small people."

They might as well just say to the shrimpers and pelicans, "Let them eat crab cake." BP executives are that detached from it all.

-Doctor-

"The universe is big, its vast, and complicated, and ridiculous and sometimes - very rarely - impossible things just happen and we call them miracles."

"Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold."

Posted Image

#63 Barbara

Barbara

Working My Way Up to Awesome

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 12:12 PM

And so Pacific Salmon just jumped to $18.00/lb .... like we can afford to buy that. Give me a break.
President, P.U.T. Procrastinators Unite Tomorrow
The bend in the road is not the end of the road unless you fail to make the turn.
Mac Anderson

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved." John 3:16-17

#64 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,621 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 12:14 PM

Old news.

Don't forget. "BP cares about the small people."

They might as well just say to the shrimpers and pelicans, "Let them eat crab cake." BP executives are that detached from it all.

That was more on his outing last weekend.

I saw yesterday CNN was re-launching some old pieces they did on the BP Texas City refinery explosion a few years back.
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#65 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 08:16 PM

That was more on his outing last weekend.

I saw yesterday CNN was re-launching some old pieces they did on the BP Texas City refinery explosion a few years back.

Well since its been shown that BP is still violating all sorts of safety regs. at the refinery...

-Doctor-

"The universe is big, its vast, and complicated, and ridiculous and sometimes - very rarely - impossible things just happen and we call them miracles."

"Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold."

Posted Image

#66 Shlomi of Vulcan

Shlomi of Vulcan

Resident Vulcan Old-Fogey

• Members
  • 9,305 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 07:40 AM

Well, who owns that well anyhow?

BP as we all know is the principal owner, and the ones who contracted the drilling. They are filing suit on their partners, Anadarko Petroleum and Mitsui to get them to pay their chunk of the cleanup costs. They hold 25% and 10% stakes in the well successively.

If anyone on this site owns any shares in BP, then you own it. I have shares (plenty of them) in BP, so I also own it, and like any honorable business owner, I too must also OWN UP to having some responsibility for the spill. It is my investment in the company and everyone else around the globe with shares in it and who receives dividends off those shares, as well as, every citizen of every nation who purchases a BP product (regardless of type), and every mom and pop BP franchise station owner, and all their employees, from the grandma working at the register to the guy who keeps the BP convienience store shelfs stocked, to the mechanic that keeps the BP car wash operating, to the 18-wheeler hauling BP petro across the highways and roads, to the tanker captain and his crew moving it from well to refinery, to those refinery and rig workers who put food on their tables and in their kid's mouths, to the........well, you get the idea --- there is plenty of blame to share and we are all responsible for what happen in the Gulf 2 months ago. However, it is solely BP and the U.S. Government who must share complete blame for the really disgusting and horrific way in which the spill has been dealt with since.
"Having problems with the present? Find solace in the fact that some future generations will call these "the good ole' days." Shmu'el Ben Shalom

"If I wanted to argue about which imaginary friend is tougher, I'd just go to church" Jason of KC

Politically Incorrectile Dysfunction

#67 Barbara

Barbara

Working My Way Up to Awesome

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 04:25 PM

Question: is it true, or have you already discussed the "fact" that BP was a major contributor to the Obama campaign? Tell me that's not true.
President, P.U.T. Procrastinators Unite Tomorrow
The bend in the road is not the end of the road unless you fail to make the turn.
Mac Anderson

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved." John 3:16-17

#68 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 08:50 PM

Question: is it true, or have you already discussed the "fact" that BP was a major contributor to the Obama campaign? Tell me that's not true.

BP was a fraction of the Obama's campaign fund. However, Obama's campaign received the largest donation that BP gave to any single campaign in 2008. I believe it was 70k.

-Doctor-

Posted Image

#69 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,621 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 09:38 PM

If anyone on this site owns any shares in BP, then you own it. I have shares (plenty of them) in BP, so I also own it, and like any honorable business owner, I too must also OWN UP to having some responsibility for the spill. It is my investment in the company and everyone else around the globe with shares in it and who receives dividends off those shares, as well as, every citizen of every nation who purchases a BP product (regardless of type), and every mom and pop BP franchise station owner, and all their employees, from the grandma working at the register to the guy who keeps the BP convienience store shelfs stocked, to the mechanic that keeps the BP car wash operating, to the 18-wheeler hauling BP petro across the highways and roads, to the tanker captain and his crew moving it from well to refinery, to those refinery and rig workers who put food on their tables and in their kid's mouths, to the........well, you get the idea --- there is plenty of blame to share and we are all responsible for what happen in the Gulf 2 months ago. However, it is solely BP and the U.S. Government who must share complete blame for the really disgusting and horrific way in which the spill has been dealt with since.

I've been watching that stock Sam, you have my sincerest condolences if you have a lot tied up in them.

From the mouths of babes....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFUWQBL_IJQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5v-1wr6qxA

How is it we have pre-pubescent children offering more viable solutions than the mentally impotent BP staffers running this show?
Posted Image

FORUM RULES

#70 Shlomi of Vulcan

Shlomi of Vulcan

• Members
  • 9,305 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 03:02 PM

To date BP is the largest campaign contributor to the Obama presidential campaign, totally, from Obama's announcement of running to his entering the White House, the ridiculously large amount of $15+ million. BP employees have also helped fill Obama's till:

"BP and its employees have given more than $3.5 million to federal candidates over the past 20 years, with the largest chunk of their money going to Obama, according to the Center for Responsive Politics.

Read more: http://www.politico....l#ixzz0rtfF3lvD

Edited by Shlomi of Vulcan, 25 June 2010 - 03:03 PM.

"Having problems with the present? Find solace in the fact that some future generations will call these "the good ole' days." Shmu'el Ben Shalom

"If I wanted to argue about which imaginary friend is tougher, I'd just go to church" Jason of KC

#71 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,621 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 05:33 PM

Truthfully I don't see Obama as guilty by himself of this Shlomi. The judge who lifted the moratorium on drilling I guess is heavily vested in oil. No conflict there...
Posted Image

FORUM RULES

#72 Shlomi of Vulcan

Shlomi of Vulcan

• Members
  • 9,305 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 10:18 PM

Truthfully I don't see Obama as guilty by himself of this Shlomi. The judge who lifted the moratorium on drilling I guess is heavily vested in oil. No conflict there...

I'd want to see your facts on that first. Perhaps a spread sheet of the judges finances would help. Until such time, that comment concerning any possible conflict of interest on his part is pure unfounded speculation on your part, whereas Obama's debt to BP is well documented. It matters not if this is business as usual with other politicians, the fact remains we are talking about Mr. "Change" Barack Obama. This man-made and man-preventable disaster happened on his watch by a company he is deeply financially indebted to and this destruction of the Gulf and the livelihood of all those who make their living from it (which will end up being in the multi-billions of dollars in losses) will be Obama's legacy as President, whether he gets reelected or not this event will forever hang around his neck like "a pair of Tiberian bats." (to quote Captain Spock) and will be the only thing remembered about his time in office by historians.

#73 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,621 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 06:40 PM

I'd want to see your facts on that first. Perhaps a spread sheet of the judges finances would help. Until such time, that comment concerning any possible conflict of interest on his part is pure unfounded speculation on your part, whereas Obama's debt to BP is well documented. It matters not if this is business as usual with other politicians, the fact remains we are talking about Mr. "Change" Barack Obama. This man-made and man-preventable disaster happened on his watch by a company he is deeply financially indebted to and this destruction of the Gulf and the livelihood of all those who make their living from it (which will end up being in the multi-billions of dollars in losses) will be Obama's legacy as President, whether he gets reelected or not this event will forever hang around his neck like "a pair of Tiberian bats." (to quote Captain Spock) and will be the only thing remembered about his time in office by historians.

Per your request sir...

This guy is even worse. Let's hope they find a judge without ties for the litigation.
Posted Image

FORUM RULES

#74 Shlomi of Vulcan

Shlomi of Vulcan

• Members
  • 9,305 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 09:32 PM

Per your request sir...

This guy is even worse. Let's hope they find a judge without ties for the litigation.

Appreciate the update.

#75 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 07:47 AM

Yeah, as long as we're spreading blame, Don't forget the Louisiana Gov. Jindal®. Heres a guy who vetoed a bill to make state oil records public because 'he didn't want BP to have access to them.' Right. That makes about zero sense.

He also blames the federal government red tape for making it take forever to get any plan approved and deploy National Guard Troops but he's got approval for using up to 6,000 and all troop deployments have been approved within a day. He literally just hasn't asked.

Edited by poko, 27 June 2010 - 07:50 AM.

-Doctor-

Posted Image

#76 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,621 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 02:36 PM

In other news...

:P
Posted Image

FORUM RULES

#77 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 11:06 AM

Dead sperm whale.

-Doctor-

Posted Image

#78 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

The Baron, Resident Duelist

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 11:26 AM

This article is pretty radical and aggressive in tone, but yeah, it's kind of outrageous.
Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#79 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,621 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 12:22 PM

Run a Google search on the site owner if you want a chuckle. I haven't read the Anderson Cooper piece yet, but given how many of those guys are going into the area and picking up the oil etc, not always safely. That said they should be allwed access to the scene and crews.
Posted Image

FORUM RULES

#80 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 02:09 PM

This article is pretty radical and aggressive in tone, but yeah, it's kind of outrageous.

I often recommend cutting out the blog spam in cases like these. :)

-Doctor-

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users