Photo

Rate "Flesh and Stone"

16 replies to this topic

Poll: Rate "Flesh and Stone" (4 member(s) have cast votes)

How would you rate the Doctor Who episode "Flesh and Stone"?

1. A (1 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. B (1 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

3. C (2 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

4. D (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. F (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 11:09 PM

How would you rate the Doctor Who episode "Flesh and Stone"?
Posted Image
Leverage -- Season 5 on DVD Coming September 17th

"The numbers are bad! The numbers are bad!" -- Hugo "Hurley" Reyes, Lost - Season 1
"Boone's death was a sacrifice that the island demanded." -- John Locke, Lost - Season 2
"When was it you lost your imagination, son?" -- Dr. Walter Bishop, Fringe - Season 1

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,692 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 11:11 AM

I gave it a C, but I think I would rather give it a B-....I dunno...I'm not digging how scattered the Doctor is. I mean, he is always scattered, but he just seems more lost and confused rather than just trying to stay a step ahead of whatever is coming his way. Still settling in...I guess, which is why I'd rather give a B-...
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#3 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 03:32 PM

What the heck was wrong with Amy there at the end? Suddenly she had this huge personality shift or something, kissing the Doctor ferociously. I'm hoping that they'll explain this in the next episode, because it really seemed out of character for her.

And I really don't want another Rose.
Posted Image

"The numbers are bad! The numbers are bad!" -- Hugo "Hurley" Reyes, Lost - Season 1
"Boone's death was a sacrifice that the island demanded." -- John Locke, Lost - Season 2
"When was it you lost your imagination, son?" -- Dr. Walter Bishop, Fringe - Season 1

#4 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 11:36 PM

What the heck was wrong with Amy there at the end? Suddenly she had this huge personality shift or something, kissing the Doctor ferociously. I'm hoping that they'll explain this in the next episode, because it really seemed out of character for her.

And I really don't want another Rose.

As Amy said she'd just suffered a near death experience and wanted a romp. Not the best of choices. She isn't another Rose, you needn't fear that. You'll have to wait 2 episodes for anything resembling emotional exploration and you won't get any telegraphed explanation of character in this series.

Edited by poko, 16 May 2010 - 11:37 PM.

-Doctor-

"The universe is big, its vast, and complicated, and ridiculous and sometimes - very rarely - impossible things just happen and we call them miracles."

"Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold."

Posted Image

#5 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 10:41 AM

As Amy said, she'd just suffered a near death experience and wanted a romp.

So, she's not crazy, just really shallow.
Posted Image

#6 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 09:36 PM

So, she's not crazy, just really shallow.

I disagree. If she was really shallow she wouldn't be marrying Rory she'd be marrying someone based on looks. She's just detached from her emotions and running away from them.

-Doctor-

"The universe is big, its vast, and complicated, and ridiculous and sometimes - very rarely - impossible things just happen and we call them miracles."

"Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold."

Posted Image

#7 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 08:42 PM

I disagree. If she was really shallow she wouldn't be marrying Rory she'd be marrying someone based on looks. She's just detached from her emotions and running away from them.

Well, there's really no other reason for why she was acting like that.
Posted Image

#8 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 10:22 PM

Well, there's really no other reason for why she was acting like that.

no other reason but the one I just mentioned? :huh: :P

Really, sorry you don't like her. I hope Amy's choice changes your mind some but it probably won't. Thats an episode you HAVE to watch twice.

-Doctor-

Posted Image

#9 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,692 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 11:20 PM

Which one, Flesh and Stone or the one with the explanation? I don't mind Amy. I think she is just cheeky enough to be fun...and quirky. I like the fact that she met him as a child and then he returned years later. It allows for some conflicted emotions regarding him.
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#10 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 11:38 PM

Really, sorry you don't like her.

Who said I didn't like her? I think she's one of the best companions the Doctor has had recently. My problem with her is her sudden crazy attitude. It was so unlike her that it was disturbing. It's like she had suddenly lost her mind or something, but there was no understandable reason for it.
Posted Image

#11 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 11:38 PM

Which one, Flesh and Stone or the one with the explanation? I don't mind Amy. I think she is just cheeky enough to be fun...and quirky. I like the fact that she met him as a child and then he returned years later. It allows for some conflicted emotions regarding him.

Assuming you're asking about what I mean, I'll explain it thus:

Kyle Nin stated that the only explanation for Amy's rude behavior was 'she is shallow'

I replied that you could explain her behavior is a result of being emotionally stunted (childhood trama etc).

Kyle Nin then quoted my explanation and said, "Well, there's really no other reason for why she was acting like that." Meaning his explanation. Which I found silly considering he was quoting another explanation.

The episode coming up called "Amy's Choice" does explain the character more. It doesn't really offer a specific explanation of her actions previously.

Oh and trekkin, I love this Doctor. His scattered strange behavior is what makes him awesome. It makes him more alien and unexpected. DT was just too human, with big sweeping emotions all the time.

-Doctor-

Posted Image

#12 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 11:52 PM

Kyle Nin stated that the only explanation for Amy's rude behavior was 'she is shallow'

Actually you said that. I just paraphrased it.

As Amy said she'd just suffered a near death experience and wanted a romp.

Posted Image

#13 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:06 AM

Actually you said that. I just paraphrased it.

"Interpreted" would be the word I'd use.

-Doctor-

Posted Image

#14 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:11 AM

"Interpreted" would be the word I'd use.

Having a romp just for the heck of it is shallow behavior. If I nearly died, I don't think having sex is the first thing I'd want to do.
Posted Image

#15 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 01:17 AM

Having a romp just for the heck of it is shallow behavior. If I nearly died, I don't think having sex is the first thing I'd want to do.

Actually, some would claim its pretty normal behavior in that situation. I don't know if its true or not but its certainly a pop-culture myth that after a near-death situation and the adrenaline rush, people feel the need to celebrate/propagate the species as a sort of biological imperative.

I would like to state that I agree, the last scene was a bit out of place at the end of that episode. It came out of left field for me too. Still like Amy. Still love the Doctor. I've just had 2 weeks to move on.

Edited by poko, 19 May 2010 - 01:18 AM.

-Doctor-

Posted Image

#16 Elf

Elf

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 01:42 AM

I gave it a C. I think the Doctor talks to fast. I could hardly make out what he was saying when he discovered the angel was inside Amy.
"Give me your boot." "What for?"
"So I can squash it." "Are we allowed to squash alien life forms?"
"If they're inside your sleeping bag. There it is. Wait a minute. Where'd you put the phase pistols?"
"You wanna shoot a bug?"
"I'm just gonna stun it."- Tucker and Mayweather

#17 Greystone

Greystone

Master Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:42 PM

This was good too.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users